Author Topic: Ask JTF for September 29, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem  (Read 2038 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF for September 29, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem
« on: September 30, 2013, 02:57:43 AM »
בס''ד

The program is 1 hour and 34 minutes this week:

For those who would like to download the file for their MP3 players or iPods, the link is provided below:
http://www.jtf.org/ask/2013-09-29.mp3

Please "like" and join our great new English JTF Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jewish-Task-Force-JTF/460701807304711

And please "like" and join our Hebrew Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HayaminORG

Offline Rabbi Lipschitz

• New JTFer
Re: Ask JTF for September 29, 2013 is ready, baruch Hashem
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:17:38 AM »
Baruch HasHem, G-d bless you Chaim.   :dance:

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 07:50:58 AM »
Thank you, Chaim for another great Ask JTF program.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »
 :o  44:00 No no noo. It's not literal at all. He switched his father's bed and that is why his father rebuked him soo. On his level it was considered as if.

Rashi cites the midrash brought on Shabbat 55b:

Because he switched around his [father's] bed, the Torah treats him as if he slept with her.  Now, why did he switch and desecrate his bed?  When Rachel died, Yaakov took his bed, which was placed most frequently in Rachel's tent rather than the other tents, and Yaakov put his bed in Bilha's tent.  Reuven came to protest his mother's insult.  He said: "If my mother's sister was a rival-wife to my mother, should the maidservant of my mother's sister now become a rival-wife to my mother?"  Therefore, he made the switch.
-------------------------

Whoever  says that Reuven sinned is mistaken. He tampered with his father's bed, and Scripture considers it as if he lay with Bilhah (Shabbat 55b).
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Reuven [means, see the difference between]. Leah said, "See the difference between my son and my father-in-law's sons, Esav. Although Esav sold his birthright willingly, Esav harbored hatred toward Yaakov (Genesis 27:41), whereas my son surrendered his birthright to Joseph against his will, yet he was not jealous of him. On the contrary, Reuven heard, and he rescued him from their hand" (ibid. 37:21) (Berachot 7b).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »
בס''ד

You are right, Tag Mechir. Thanks for the very important correction.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »
בס''ד

You are right, Tag Mechir. Thanks for the very important correction.

Thanks. Nothing personal, I just felt I had to say something for the honor of our for-father Reuvan.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 12:43:17 AM »
I still don't know about Cruz. He is Hispanic which may be a plus... But I've been saying that the 'year of the woman' is coming soon. If Clinton runs we should not have an 'old white guy' running against her. Maybe a hispanic would be advantageous but I hope his position on illegal immigration is in line with conservative values...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 12:50:41 AM »
I sincerely doubt that any candidate for US President will openly say that they are against the 'two state' solution. Unfortunately the antisemitic press would tear any candidate apart for stating any such idea. The press really is pushing the 'Jewish lobby' story to the point of inspiring Jew hatred.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 01:24:28 AM »
I sincerely doubt that any candidate for US President will openly say that they are against the 'two state' solution. Unfortunately the antisemitic press would tear any candidate apart for stating any such idea. The press really is pushing the 'Jewish lobby' story to the point of inspiring Jew hatred.

Absolutely correct.  The two state solution is the official policy of a supposedly right wing government of Israel.  That puts any American who would oppose it in a very difficult position.  We all jumped on Sarah Palin for supporting it but she also said she supported settlements.  If she says she supports it but also supports moves that thwart it that is good.  She can later explain that the Arab state can be in Jordan or some other hell hole.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 01:47:56 AM »
It should be mentioned that the two most popular sects of Chassidic Judaism, Chabad/Lubavitch and Breslev, are both Zionistic and support the modern state of Israel. Of course they have a view toward the final redemption when a true, holy leader will lead the Jewish people upright into the future.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 02:00:31 AM »
Chaim,

Not that I want to contradict your message but I will pose a counter-question to the question you posed.

Why would Jews want to live in a place where they are persecuted by blacks? Why aren't they in the Jewish homeland?

Aren't we all aware of the truth of this world, that Jews in Israel are also attacked by blacks, and by arabs, and by nazis... I would like to believe it is better there, but as I read the news every day it seems Jews are being attacked more in the Jewish homeland.

I can understand why some Jews would feel more comfortable in New York and more safe from the Jew haters.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 02:07:53 AM »
I will also volunteer my opinion on the Torah portion...

Whether or not anyone accepts that the story of Creation is immaterial. The primary purpose of creation was the human being. This is why the Torah says that we are created in the image of Hashem, with our souls blown into us through our noses. The image which the Torah is discussing is not a visual image, but a spiritual image in our potential to grow and learn. All of Hashems creations are given a spirit, but only man has a Neshamah (Soul). Man was given free will from the get-go, which is why Adam was capable of making the decision to eat of the forbidden tree.

We are to learn how important man is in the scheme of things. Hashem grants us the power to control this world, within the parameters he gave us through the Torah. A Chassidic thought is that the Torah was actually created 2000 years before the creation of Adam and Eve, and the angels argued about whether Hashem should create man at all.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 11:34:14 AM »
I don't trust Cruz. Right now he appears better than some of the others but I felt dirty supporting McCain and Romney and I am getting pretty fed up with the Republican party in general.