Author Topic: Clown DiBlasio condemns Columbus Day  (Read 1898 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Clown DiBlasio condemns Columbus Day
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »
http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/10/15/de-blasio-criticizes-columbus-on-columbus-day/ 

While he’s beyond proud of his Italian-American heritage, Bill de Blasio nevertheless stops short of celebrating Christopher Columbus, the famed Italian explorer who also committed violent atrocities, according to historical records.

“The historical figure of Columbus is complicated to say the least,” Mr. de Blasio, the front-running candidate for mayor, said today at a press conference right before he marched in Manhattan’s Columbus Day parade. “One thing, he went to work for Spain, I don’t know how I feel about that, as an Italian-American.”

“It’s very complicated,” he added. “There are some troubling things in his history.”

Mr. de Blasio was responding to a question asking whether he thought Mr. Columbus, famous for discovering the Americas while sailing for Spain and later attacking the native populations, was worthy of national recognition. But Mr. de Blasio argued the holiday in its current form was simply a celebration of Italian pride, not the explorer.

“That’s not what this day is about, it’s not about the individual. It’s about the people that are represented on Columbus Day,” he argued. “When I’m out here marching on Columbus Day, I’m thinking about the pride in my Italian heritage.”

At a Saturday Columbus Day parade in Brooklyn, Mr. de Blasio made a similar claim–that Columbus Day and Mr. Columbus himself  had been “disassociated” from each other.

“A lot of things have been reexamined very critically–and rightfully. But, you know, today, in a sense, his name has become something a little bit disassociated from his own personal history–a sort of composite example of Italian pride and that’s how I look at it,” he said.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
Re: Clown DiBlasio condemns Columbus Day
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »
I was never a big fan of Bloomberg, but I am going to miss him after this commie jerk Di Blasio takes over.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »
http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/10/15/de-blasio-criticizes-columbus-on-columbus-day/ 

While he’s beyond proud of his Italian-American heritage, Bill de Blasio nevertheless stops short of celebrating Christopher Columbus, the famed Italian explorer who also committed violent atrocities, according to historical records.

“The historical figure of Columbus is complicated to say the least,” Mr. de Blasio, the front-running candidate for mayor, said today at a press conference right before he marched in Manhattan’s Columbus Day parade. “One thing, he went to work for Spain, I don’t know how I feel about that, as an Italian-American.”

“It’s very complicated,” he added. “There are some troubling things in his history.”

Mr. de Blasio was responding to a question asking whether he thought Mr. Columbus, famous for discovering the Americas while sailing for Spain and later attacking the native populations, was worthy of national recognition. But Mr. de Blasio argued the holiday in its current form was simply a celebration of Italian pride, not the explorer.

“That’s not what this day is about, it’s not about the individual. It’s about the people that are represented on Columbus Day,” he argued. “When I’m out here marching on Columbus Day, I’m thinking about the pride in my Italian heritage.”

At a Saturday Columbus Day parade in Brooklyn, Mr. de Blasio made a similar claim–that Columbus Day and Mr. Columbus himself  had been “disassociated” from each other.

“A lot of things have been reexamined very critically–and rightfully. But, you know, today, in a sense, his name has become something a little bit disassociated from his own personal history–a sort of composite example of Italian pride and that’s how I look at it,” he said.

Violent atrocities???   

You can't say one bad word about the mass murdering rapist pedophile Muhammad but you can speculate that Columbus committed atrocities??  Columbus was an explorer and everything we know about him... is from his diary... and he didn't mention killing or raping anyone... All he did take back a few natives against their will to prove to the Spanish royalty (the ones who paid for the ships and his men) that he had indeed reached 'India'.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:07:05 PM »
This "clown" has an entire city worshiping him.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 01:44:23 PM »
This "clown" has an entire city worshiping him.

They worship Afroboy Dante's giant afro.  Sick white liberals and jews go nuts for a giant 'fro.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 03:48:02 PM »
Violent atrocities???   

You can't say one bad word about the mass murdering rapist pedophile Muhammad but you can speculate that Columbus committed atrocities??  Columbus was an explorer and everything we know about him... is from his diary... and he didn't mention killing or raping anyone... All he did take back a few natives against their will to prove to the Spanish royalty (the ones who paid for the ships and his men) that he had indeed reached 'India'.

That's exactly what they were teaching when I was in high school. All I kept hearing about Columbus is that he was a mass murderer and rapist whose people raped innocent "west Indians" and made them slaves.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 04:56:56 PM »
What 'historical records' are the referring to? I have never heard of any of this. Is this another example of historic revisionism?

I celebrate Columbus as the man who was brave enough and wise enough to set out on an expedition which revealed the existence of the North American continent to Europe, thus enabling the establishment of the United States of America.

Imagine a world without America, how savage and brutal it would be.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 05:24:50 PM »
No offense to my Italian brothers and sisters, but Christopher Columbus was probably a Marrano (a crypto-Jew).

I apologize for going off topic! I just had to mention that! Carry on.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »
We should condemn DeBlasio

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 10:32:36 PM »
I have heard many native Americans do not like Columbus including thanksgiving day, I don't know the full story but I have heard mixed things about what happened on Hispaniola, I think that while he wasn't the first person to discover the Americas, he played a important role in later colonization of the Americas, however the Spanish, French, and British all had different purposes for colonization. The Spanish mainly wanted the resources and I don't believe they actually intended to stay, on the other hand, the British wanted to stay but wanted to tax the 13 colonies.

I also have not heard of Columbus having Jewish ancestry, any sources on that?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 10:37:41 PM »
I think it's just that Columbus is generally considered to be a white hero and they need to condemn all white heroes and replace them with nonwhite heroes.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 10:38:50 PM »
I have heard many native Americans do not like Columbus including thanksgiving day, I don't know the full story but I have heard mixed things about what happened on Hispaniola, I think that while he wasn't the first person to discover the Americas, he played a important role in later colonization of the Americas, however the Spanish, French, and British all had different purposes for colonization. The Spanish mainly wanted the resources and I don't believe they actually intended to stay, on the other hand, the British wanted to stay but wanted to tax the 13 colonies.

I also have not heard of Columbus having Jewish ancestry, any sources on that?

I have seen this written about quite frequently...

Here is an article which was posted on aish.com @ http://www.aish.com/shraga_blog/Columbus_the_Jew.html

Columbus the Jew?
May 21, 2012 at 04:14:46 PM

For centuries, urban legend has posited the Jewish heritage of Christopher Columbus. After all, Columbus set sail on his famous voyage from Spain in 1492 – on the very same day that Jews were being "ethnically cleansed" from the Iberian Peninsula.

Actually, Columbus was originally scheduled to sail on August 2, 1492, which fell on Tisha B'Av, the Jewish national day of mourning that marks the destruction of the Holy Temples in Jerusalem. Columbus postponed his journey by one day… to avoid this historically inauspicious Jewish occasion.

Further evidence: Columbus' last will and testament was signed with a triangular signature of dots and letters that resembled inscriptions found on gravestones of Jewish cemeteries in Spain. CNN reports:

According to British historian Cecil Roth's The History of the Marranos, the anagram was a cryptic substitute for the Kaddish, a prayer recited in the synagogue by mourners after the death of a close relative. Thus, Columbus's subterfuge allowed his sons to say Kaddish for their crypto-Jewish father when he died.

Columbus occasionally noted dates by the Jewish calendar, and included some Hebrew in his writings. In the top left-hand corner of personal correspondence frequently wrote the Hebrew letters bet-hei, meaning b'ezrat Hashem (with God's help) – a practice common among observant Jews.

Beyond this, linguists have analyzed the language and syntax of hundreds of Columbus' handwritten documents and concluded that his primary language was Castilian Spanish – the "Yiddish" of Spanish Jewry, known as "Ladino."

But before jumping to any conclusions, consider the wealth of evidence that Columbus was Christian. Bottom line: Expect this debate to rage for another few hundred years.

See also : http://www.closetotorah.com/2009/04/was-christopher-columbus-jewish/
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »
columbus is overrated. Shouldn't be a holiday. Period

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 09:05:20 PM »
columbus is overrated. Shouldn't be a holiday. Period
What? Why would you say that? >:(
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 09:45:25 PM »
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1379739_10151676595068364_1115217055_n.jpg

This soil belongs to the Native Americans the same way Israel belongs to the Israelites.
Notice how American history textbooks begin the story with explorers but not the natives inhabitants of the land.

Secondly, I have Native friends and comprehend their pain.
colombus even reached the wrong destination. XD

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 09:53:04 PM »
Columbus was not the first European to discover America. The Vikings actually settled parts of Canada and Greenland. Also, fishermen chasing cod actually probably made it to New England before. If anything, Columbus re-discovered America or made it known to the masses or maybe to Southern Europeans. Northern Europeans already knew about it.

Also, the first whites in the New World were Jews and Phoenicians (Long before Europeans settled there. Europe was nothing back then.).

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »
Columbus was not the first European to discover America. The Vikings actually settled parts of Canada and Greenland. Also, fisherman chasing cod actually probably made it to New England before. If anything, Columbus re-discovered America or made it known to the masses or maybe to Southern Europeans. Northern Europeans already knew about it.

Also, the first whites in the New World were Jews and Phoenicians (Long before Europeans settled there. Europe was nothing back then.).
True and they left marks as well. There is also a theory that Columbus got the sea routes from them...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2013, 10:00:20 PM »
His first trip was a fail.
http://latinamericanhistory.about.com/od/thevoyagesofcolumbus/p/08columbusbio.htm

Columbus’ First Voyage:

Columbus’ first voyage began on August 3, 1492. He had been given three ships: the Niña, the Pinta and the flagship Santa Maria. They headed west and on October 12, sailor Rodrigo de Triana spotted land. They first landed on an island Columbus named San Salvador: there is some debate today as to which Caribbean island it was. Columbus and his ships visited several other islands including Cuba and Hispaniola. On December 25, the Santa Maria ran aground and they were forced to abandon her. Thirty-nine men were left behind at the settlement of La Navidad. Columbus returned to Spain in March of 1493.
Columbus’ Second Voyage:

Although in many ways the first voyage was a failure – Columbus lost his biggest ship and did not find the promised route west – the Spanish monarchs were intrigued with his discoveries. They financed a second voyage, whose purpose was to establish a permanent colony. 17 ships and over 1,000 men set sail in October, 1493. When they returned to La Navidad, they discovered that everyone had been killed by irate natives. They founded the city of Santo Domingo with Columbus in charge, but he was forced to return to Spain in March of 1496 to obtain supplies to keep the starving colony alive.
Columbus’ Third Voyage:

Columbus returned to the New World in May of 1498. He sent half of his fleet to resupply Santo Domingo and set off to explore, eventually reaching the north-eastern part of South America. He returned to Hispaniola and resumed his duties as governor, but the people despised him. He and his brothers were bad administrators and kept much of the little wealth generated by the colony for themselves. When the crisis reached a peak, Columbus sent to Span for help. The crown sent Francisco de Bobadilla as governor: he soon identified Columbus as the problem and sent him and his brothers back to Spain in chains in 1500.
Columbus’ Fourth Voyage:

Already in his fifties, Columbus felt he had one more trip in him. He convinced the Spanish crown to finance one more journey of discovery. Although Columbus had proven a poor governor, there was no doubting his sailing and discovery skills. He left in May of 1502 and arrived to Hispaniola just ahead of a major hurricane. He sent a warning to the 28-ship fleet about to depart for Spain to delay but they ignored him, and 24 of the ships were lost. Columbus explored more of the Caribbean and part of Central America before his ships rotted: he spent a year on Jamaica before being rescued. He returned to Spain in 1504.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 10:02:25 PM »
The first man to step off of Columbus's ship in the New World was a Jew.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 12:04:51 AM »
I think "native Americans" should get the hell out of this country if they don't like the way ordinary white folks live. I'm sick and tired of hearing these Mongols complaining about the so-called "oppression" while these Jew-hating beasts openly support PLO Muslim Nazis because they supposedly share the same struggle.

http://www.mcgilldaily.com/2010/03/first_nations_group_speaks_out_for_palestine/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 12:27:04 AM by ObamaScum Out of USA NOW!!! »
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 12:58:25 AM »
Many of these so called "natives" from Latin America are heavily mixed with Spaniards. I guess they should cut themselves in half and send the white side back to Spain.

But the natives of the US are not like the La Raza morons. Most people I've ever known that said they are part American Indian look completely white to me. There was even a black teacher in college and he said he was part American Indian and he looked completely black to the extant of other American blacks. Most American blacks are part white anyway. That teacher said there are non-mixed natives in the Mid-West and some suffer from alcohol addiction. I guess those of us on the East Coast don't have negative experiences with American Indians like we do with certain other groups.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 10:59:56 AM »
I think "native Americans" should get the hell out of this country if they don't like the way ordinary white folks live. I'm sick and tired of hearing these Mongols complaining about the so-called "oppression" while these Jew-hating beasts openly support PLO Muslim Nazis because they supposedly share the same struggle.

http://www.mcgilldaily.com/2010/03/first_nations_group_speaks_out_for_palestine/

It's not the same struggle, jews are indigenous to the Middle East and israel as native Americans are native to the Americas. I know many people who are full Native American and are pro Israel, I also know many Hispanics from Mexico, one I am friends with and his family who are mestizo and support israel.