Author Topic: Petition for Chaim to be allowed in Israel  (Read 3020 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Petition for Chaim to be allowed in Israel
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »
OK so everyone sign the petition if there's no problem with it.
Dumb question, how would they now if these are real people?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 08:47:45 PM »
Dumb question, how would they now if these are real people?

There aren't many ways of knowing, but if 10,000 people sign the petition every second, it's probably a bot. There are still legitimate petitions that have one or two false signatories signing, but overall, things like famous signatories, or people speaking out about the petition are ways to insure that there are real people on it and it is generating interest. You should sign your actual names in petitions though, because false names that come out can put doubt on the whole thing.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 08:56:37 PM »
Posted all over facebook. Is no one from the forum going to sign it?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 01:33:13 AM »
bump

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 08:57:13 PM »
Reached 5 signatures

I might be doing something wrong, or not be doing something that I should do right.

If we were to write a letter for this petition to go to, who would it go to?

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 09:07:12 PM »
I hate to be a downer here, but isn't this like sending a list of names of people that are against Hitler? Am I wrong here?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 09:09:59 PM »
I hate to be a downer here, but isn't this like sending a list of names of people that are against Hitler? Am I wrong here?

Yeah. People like Jabotinsky got in trouble for it. Thank G-d for him anyways. I know that's what you were asking with you fake name thing, but the answer I didn't want to have to explain is nothing bad ever came to a person from doing a mitzvah, regardless of physical illusions.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 09:19:52 PM »
I'm sorry Chaim! I don't think it would help your case if I put my name down...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
I'm sorry Chaim! I don't think it would help your case if I put my name down...

Why are you sorry to Chaim? If this is something you care about, do it. If you're afraid for whatever reason, don't. This is probably the biggest protest activity I've seen on JTF, so it's a way to bring people together. I am not expecting that this petition will change all of Israel and bring red carpets for Chaim's arrival in Tel Aviv in a week. It gets JTF known, brings people together, and the cause might bring others here.

It's also a good cause, so sure I hope everyone signs it and it works, poor guy and everything, Israel is awesome and I can imagine how I would feel if someone told me I could never go back, I'd kiss the feet of anyone saying a word for it, but maybe even this just gives false hope, so it's not necessarily only for Chaim, and may cause emotional pain. It's for JTF, and anything that could come from it, whether it be Chaim landing in Israel, or one guy seeing it and telling someone about the forum, should be positive.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
Why are you sorry to Chaim? If this is something you care about, do it. If you're afraid for whatever reason, don't. This is probably the biggest protest activity I've seen on JTF, so it's a way to bring people together. I am not expecting that this petition will change all of Israel and bring red carpets for Chaim's arrival in Tel Aviv in a week. It gets JTF known, brings people together, and the cause might bring others here.

It's also a good cause, so sure I hope everyone signs it and it works, poor guy and everything, Israel is awesome and I can imagine how I would feel if someone told me I could never go back, I'd kiss the feet of anyone saying a word for it, but maybe even this just gives false hope, so it's not necessarily only for Chaim, and may cause emotional pain. It's for JTF, and anything that could come from it, whether it be Chaim landing in Israel, or one guy seeing it and telling someone about the forum, should be positive.
  1. It wouldn't help Chaim if they knew I was a supporter.

2. You just don't hand over your information to the Gestapo.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 11:09:19 PM »
Reached 5 signatures

I might be doing something wrong, or not be doing something that I should do right.

If we were to write a letter for this petition to go to, who would it go to?
It would go to the Prime Minister,the Interiot Minister & those kneset members you think might help & also to Arutz 7.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2013, 12:39:06 AM »
  1. It wouldn't help Chaim if they knew I was a supporter.

2. You just don't hand over your information to the Gestapo.

Whoa, now you're more hardcore than him?

Don't pretend like we're not all already on the list, and I'm referring to Americans in general.

It would go to the Prime Minister,the Interiot Minister & those kneset members you think might help & also to Arutz 7.

Will come up with something. If you have a better picture to put, or something I should add/change, tell me; this isn't a popularity contest for me, I just want to stir the pot, and hopefully something good comes from it.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 01:50:04 AM »

Don't pretend like we're not all already on the list, and I'm referring to Americans in general.

Will come up with something. If you have a better picture to put, or something I should add/change, tell me; this isn't a popularity contest for me, I just want to stir the pot, and hopefully something good comes from it.
I agree & no I don't have a better picture.
I think the contents are fine.
Why not ask Chaim his opinion?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 09:10:21 AM »
I agree & no I don't have a better picture.
I think the contents are fine.
Why not ask Chaim his opinion?

Why don't you think I asked in the first place? It could detract from it if the person it was involved with was directing how the petition for him is done. Since, as stated, it is primarily, though not only about him, I guess Chaim if you have some advice on this, send it to me privately, unless I'm completely wrong again, and then wherever works.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 11:14:06 AM »

No, I'm not more hardcore than Chaim was, and I'm a good law abiding citizen in my community.

My point is... If a bunch of Ex Tag Mahir signed a petition to get him into Israel, would that help him get in?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2013, 08:18:46 PM »
No, I'm not more hardcore than Chaim was, and I'm a good law abiding citizen in my community.

My point is... If a bunch of Ex Tag Mahir signed a petition to get him into Israel, would that help him get in?

Who knows? It could.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2013, 08:22:44 PM »
Right now it cant hurt, the situation is totally unjust. Maybe signing will help.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2013, 08:52:38 PM »
I would really like to hear Chaims opinion...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2013, 09:08:29 PM »
I would really like to hear Chaims opinion...

Blessed are the something or other. Like I said, don't sign it if you don't want, but don't complain about not signing it. If you feel obligated to participate, find a better picture.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2013, 02:01:49 PM »
That's not happening because:
A,We don't even talk to each other.
B.When I asked him to help me with something I needed he ignored me.
Talking to Avi is a lost cause.

http://youtu.be/pAPHwxF6tiM?t=27m47s
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.