Author Topic: Is Nissim you're favorite yiddish singer  (Read 1614 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Is Nissim you're favorite yiddish singer
« on: October 24, 2013, 03:25:01 PM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Is Nissim you're favorite yiddish singer
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »
Never heard of him...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 04:05:11 PM »
Interesting... But I can't say I like that songs rap... But I do like some rap-fusion music...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 04:09:58 PM »
Here is a fusion of Rock and Rap, featuring the Jewish convert Shyne. The song continues on the message which appeared at the end of the previous video, a parable of the great Rabbi Nachman of Breslev, that Jews should FEAR nothing but Hashem.. I have posted it numerous times in the last year, and it still is a favorite of mine which I listen to almost daily in my car on the drive to work.

It is derived from the song we (at Chabad) sing almost every Shabbat , Kol HaOlam Kulo...

"Life is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is not to fear at all"

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 04:18:06 PM »
Here is an interesting fusion of Rap music and traditional Jewish niggunim (melodies)... Prodezra Beats is another artist I listen to almost daily...

And the melody of 'Eitz HaChaim' (Tree of Life) which we sing when we return the Torah to the ark...

Compare the melody to the traditional tune:

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 04:35:14 PM by muman613 »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Is Nissim your favorite yiddish singer
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »
He has an inspiring story...
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 07:58:58 PM »
Yiddish? No.

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 02:03:22 AM »
I think this guy is pretty good. I hope he does some more Jewish themed music in the future although he brings Jewish ideas into a lot of the videos I watched on his YouTube page.

I would like to share Shtar, an Israeli English hip-hop band...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 07:37:43 PM »
From about 16 minutes him with his personal story.

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.