Author Topic: Marketing  (Read 872 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Marketing
« on: October 26, 2013, 09:12:27 PM »
I'm going to be blunt as usual and you may argue against me since nobody believes in marketing, but regardless, just know that it comes with the best intentions.

The join the forum now message at the end of the videos is not very effective. Outright appeals like that are used mainly in donate now or buy the product now messages, and people  immediately associate that with the emotional appeal of a cause or the emotional appeal of something new that will make you happy. It also brings out the idea that you're looking for, want and need new members, so already the ideas that something is needed and expected from you comes up twice, so people will naturally not want to continue out of the fear that you might be right and they have to take time out of their busy schedule (which usually includes watching MSNBC) to do something new. They might also be the type of person that doesn't want to step outside of the norm or doesn't want to be seen as part of any group that might be looked down upon, so the idea of belonging to help JTF rather than even just belonging to JTF to help yourself comes up. You do say it to help the country, but when people hear causes and people needing power, they see it as something for you rather than them.

You shouldn't interrupt when your product sells itself. Say this is the place for real information on Israel, America or the Western world, or even just say we are the real Kahanist movement, or whatever find the top three reasons to join JTF and causes that prove what you want really is allowing members/visitors to do something for their country then use a couple of each or even just find the best one to say why JTF is something that is a movement to be joined, or that they can come here to learn what they need.

I actually saw a JTF movie once and forgot it, I think, and never ended up joining. Right away there was a feeling that even this would be to extreme for me, even though I was completely extreme in the wrong direction, but it didn't seem so from the news' presented perspective. Luckily I ending up joining through a link from a blog, and it has been great. Right away though, when people see the movies they don't get the feeling that it's like the Glen Beck speeches that they can talk about, they either think you're trying to steal them away from whatever group or news site its posted in, or they get worried that it's some group of crazy radicals. The JDL and Kach may have had some extreme individuals in it because it was a movement of action, JTF (I know nothing of Hayamin Haamiti) is more of an ideologlical and strictly political advocacy group that happens to support and is based on a poilitical party in Israel which was made possible, once upon a time, through an American group. You have to present is as something simply to gain their interest, because it's equally good to have them as members as having a bunch of people that visit the page, as they could result in new members. You do want a social movement that can make positive change, but fighting for member to join and do that shows you want power, and encouraging recognition through presenting the benefits of your actions shows that joining the moment will empower the visitor.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Marketing
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 08:29:06 AM »
Also, erase all mention of trolls that were banned whether in the time-out section or otherwise. It makes people scared to join when they see it.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:30:36 AM »
The invitation to join the forum is not a call to schnor money, I don't think it is interpreted that way. At least that's how I see it. I personally would do away with the introduction clip at the beginning, start the video right on the message itself. I think you are losing a certain non-negligent percentage of viewers who close the video because they don't want to wait the extra 15 seconds until the actual message starts.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:10 PM »
The invitation to join the forum is not a call to schnor money, I don't think it is interpreted that way. At least that's how I see it. I personally would do away with the introduction clip at the beginning, start the video right on the message itself. I think you are losing a certain non-negligent percentage of viewers who close the video because they don't want to wait the extra 15 seconds until the actual message starts.

1. Money is not the only issue. I listed 4 1. that it might be about money, 2. that it might require immediate effort, 3. that it might be seen as something that is fringe, 4. that it might be seen as something that is small and needs members for the sake of its relevance

2. That message is usually at the end, and if you said it right at the beginning quickly, you could slip that past into the subconscious if followed by an interesting message, so that could be an idea, but don't discount the possibility of moving away from that all together. It would detract from professionalism, however.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »
LKZ since we're allowed to make our own JTF related videos why don't you make some with the format you think will be more effective? Then we can all see which strategy works best. Having multiple strategies out there is better than just one right?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 01:19:33 PM »
Actually like the outro to Jtf videos. However, I think the masked speaker sounds a bit eerie to viewers. Almost like an echo in a dark alley.
I showed muslims a video "who is right, Jews or muslims" then right away they yelled hate organization and terrorist in the gamefaqs forum.

There will never be peace with muslims, no peace with islam, and to think the 5% of the population in Myanmar harmed Buddhists and want to take over their country is outrageous. **** islam

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »
I think Dan's voice is awesome. He's a great narrator for those videos. He has a nice deep voice and enunciates everything really well. I don't see how anybody could be creeped out by it.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »
+1 to Zelhar for the lengthy intro.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »
Has anyone ever thought racism abundant on this forum may be a major turn-off? I mean the first post you see in here is a black man being called a chimpanzee because he is being cast as a superhero with no mention of his character just that hes black. You could take that post and put it on StørmFrønt and it wouldn't look out of place.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 04:08:38 PM »
^ Same here, that's the downside to this site.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 08:58:03 PM »
Has anyone ever thought racism abundant on this forum may be a major turn-off? I mean the first post you see in here is a black man being called a chimpanzee because he is being cast as a superhero with no mention of his character just that hes black. You could take that post and put it on StørmFrønt and it wouldn't look out of place.
I agree!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »

I've toned it down a lot over the past year or so myself because I don't think it was helping us much but at the same time I don't think we should ever be completely PC.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »
Ok well for the comic book thing, I'm pretty sure Obamaistrash is actually racist. Most people aren't, from what I can tell, but you're right, so make a stand when you see it. The fact that hollywood manages to be less in his sight because a black guy is playing a role shows he cares more about race than the degeneracy, which is pretty horrible.

Also, if I had money, I would make some videos. B"H G-d supplied me wit tefillin now through a Jewish freind, so I'm double in debt, and I can't afford a camera or microphone or anything not essential. Send me a mic and i'll make videos.