Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Shalom
« on: November 14, 2013, 05:23:46 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:10:45 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Jacob_Levi

• Junior JTFer
Re: Deform Jews have gone too far
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 11:10:35 AM »
My deepest values of Judaism goes without demeaning, harassing, or the outright attempt of embarrassment of other people. It is a violation of the Torah.

My wife of 38 years and I were discussing the possibility that members of Storm-Front. Have set up a Jewish Forum. From what I read on here. Sometimes I wonder.

Some congregations of Reform Judaism do not embrace the total encompassing rulings. They are independent. To batch them all together into one people is just wrong. They are individuals who are just doing the best they can do with what they have.

The biggest offering is education. Most Reform Temples offer a safe school system. Should that just be tossed away, and the " deformed " children sent to the public schools ?   

טוב להיות זנב לאריות מאשר ראש לשועלים

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
My deepest values of Judaism goes without demeaning, harassing, or the outright attempt of embarrassment of other people. It is a violation of the Torah.

My wife of 38 years and I were discussing the possibility that members of Storm-Front. Have set up a Jewish Forum. From what I read on here. Sometimes I wonder.

Some congregations of Reform Judaism do not embrace the total encompassing rulings. They are independent. To batch them all together into one people is just wrong. They are individuals who are just doing the best they can do with what they have.

The biggest offering is education. Most Reform Temples offer a safe school system. Should that just be tossed away, and the " deformed " children sent to the public schools ?

Not Beleiving in Gd, Kosher, and Shabbat(an eternal covenant) is also a violation of Torah's "encompassing rulings"

Offline Jacob_Levi

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 12:25:48 PM »
A child is helpless in the hands of misguided parents. The original posts was not claimed to include Messianic or Christian beliefs. Those beliefs stand outside the 5 books, and are therefore non-Jewish. This is a Jewish Forum.

Intelligent debate is desirable. Defamatory dialogue towards any religion will surely reap as it sows. I seek mutual respect, and return the same.

Hillel said it best “What is hateful to you, do not do unto your neighbor”  He made no exceptions to this principle.

I am neither Reform, Orthodox, or Conservative. I am just an Israelite who calls himself a Jew. I try to find ways to get along with people without compromising my personal standards or beliefs.   

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 01:02:58 PM »
  Its good to degrade the deform movement but not always each individual person that is part of it. Most of them are children that don't know any better. It is wise though to put down that movement to them and get them to Torah true Judaism.  Also exception is their leaders and such.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »

I wasn't ever aware that they have private education. From what I know they were always about assimilating in with the goyim. Assimilating included and includes going to school together and such.
 If they have a private school, it isn't a Yeshiva it would just probably be like a secular private school that people send their children to (in order to avoid the public schools which are a jungle most of the times especially in the "inner cities")

Also they did and do, MORE damage against Judaism then not having them at all. They in many ways allowed for the assimilation and abandonment of Judaism by a gradual process of assimilation. Many of them would never have assimilated out-right but after years and years of gradually going lower and lower, slowly slowly they abandoned anything and almost everything Jewish. Now you see many of the coming going their not even halahically Jewish but with a Jewish grandfather or something like that.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Jacob_Levi

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
Messianic Judaism also believes the statement:

"He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone."

I tend to agree with that statement, and I also think we live and were created within a certain realm of Science. That scientific data, things like gravity are not in a variable state. These things are from G-d. A good deal of it is left to interpretation.

So when people disagree with each other. They should resort to rocks ?  I eat and dress Kosher, but name calling with a mouth full seems defeating. It never crosses the mind of men that claim to be " Men of Peace " probably why I find it so strange.

I am pretty sure rocks could also mean words. But that literal thing will probably get in the way ( Again ) It always does with Orthodicks.

See how that works.....I did not mean it.....I just want you to see what it is like being on the receiving end of a statement. It is unwarranted, unwelcome, insulting, and mostly unnecessary. It could have been conveyed with an alternative intelligent form of disagreement.

And I also want to mention that I have never attended a Messianic assembly, or for that matter spoken to a member. I am sure they are sincere in what they believe.  I can only tell them what I believe. Probably best I stay away. I also stay away from some Jewish Synagogues for personal reasons. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »

*cough*troll*cough*

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »
A child is helpless in the hands of misguided parents. The original posts was not claimed to include Messianic or Christian beliefs. Those beliefs stand outside the 5 books, and are therefore non-Jewish. This is a Jewish Forum.

Intelligent debate is desirable. Defamatory dialogue towards any religion will surely reap as it sows. I seek mutual respect, and return the same.

Hillel said it best “What is hateful to you, do not do unto your neighbor”  He made no exceptions to this principle.

I am neither Reform, Orthodox, or Conservative. I am just an Israelite who calls himself a Jew. I try to find ways to get along with people without compromising my personal standards or beliefs.   

So you are reform, are you?

If you do not keep the commandments, you are reform... If you keep the commandments, you are Orthodox..

I am not sure what was said which seemed to upset you. I am not trying to pile on either...

But I firmly believe that Orthodox is the only Judaism which has any ability to survive in this world. Everything else is just a shade of reform (which results in Jewish death).

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 05:42:09 PM »
So you are reform, are you?

If you do not keep the commandments, you are reform... If you keep the commandments, you are Orthodox..

I am not sure what was said which seemed to upset you. I am not trying to pile on either...

But I firmly believe that Orthodox is the only Judaism which has any ability to survive in this world. Everything else is just a shade of reform (which results in Jewish death).
I am a secular Jew, certainly not reform or conservative. I don't even want to use the term "orthodox" Judaism because really there is only one Jewish religion and the ones who observe the commandments are religious, the ones who don't are secular, and the ones who make up their own fake brand of Judaism are pretenders.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »
I am a secular Jew, certainly not reform or conservative. I don't even want to use the term "orthodox" Judaism because really there is only one Jewish religion and the ones who observe the commandments are religious, the ones who don't are secular, and the ones who make up their own fake brand of Judaism are pretenders.

I appreciate that. At least you do not presume to be reform, which in my opinion does a lot more to divide the Jewish people. Secular Jews who are not atheistic are, in my opinion, more honorable than those who presume to alter the Jewish faith in their own image.

And I too don't like the term 'Orthodox' as it has a lot of negative connotation.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 06:12:15 PM »
Our great Lisa once told me that honest, open secular Jews are much preferable to Jews that pretend to be religious but are Deformed/Liberal/Deconstructionist. I think she is totally right.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 08:57:15 PM »
Deform Judaism is not real Judaism, and many Deform Jews are not halachically Jews.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 10:35:27 PM »
There's a difference between the Conservative and Reform movement vs. the people who go to those places. 

So if you want to be against Reform Judaism (the founder's daughter left the Jewish faith) then be against it.  To me, Reform Judaism is just leftism with the quasi religious kumbaya veneer.   But I think observant Jews and Orthodox rabbis should always try reaching out to Jews who go to these "temples." 

Another thing is, it's not always easy to classify Jews as Orthodox, Conservative or Reform.  For example, when I was growing up, I was friends with a girl who had an Orthodox education, and who was a pretty observant Jew,  She kept kosher, observed Shabbat, the high holidays, etc.  But her father bought the family a membership in the local Conservative Synagogue, and that's where she went.  So for whatever reason, she and her family felt comfortable there.

As another example, the parents of  a girl I used to work with were at one time members of the ultra Orthodox "Young Israel of Great Neck" Synagogue.  Chaim once said that if he lived in Great Neck, he would join this Synagogue.   This young woman strictly observes Shabbat, and never even worked Fridays.  On the other hand, she wore her skirts above the knee, and sometimes wore sleeveless tops. 

But getting back to her parents...They used to belong to Young Israel.  But I was told they had problems with the board there.  So they instead joined Great Neck Synagogue, which is the big main Orthodox Synagogue of Great Neck. 

So I guess what I'm getting at is that it's hard to classify Jews into three groups. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 11:20:03 PM »
It's like mainline Christianity for Protestants. The Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopalian, etc. churches are not real Christian churches and the so-called pastors that populate their pulpits (many of whom are women and fags) are not real "ministers" any more than the "reverends" Jackson and Fartson are. These sodomite brothels of sewage are not houses of God, they are filthy bathhouses.

Are there any average Presbyterians, Methodists, Episcopalians, etc. that have a genuine personal faith in Christ? Probably, but I doubt it's very many. These are basically just social clubs for leftism.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
YIMACH SHEMO to the Park East Mosque
YIMACH SHEMO to the Saddleback Bathhouse
YIMACH SHEMO to the Willow Creek Brothel
YIMACH SHEMO to the Beyt Tikkun Whorehouse

If there are any misled innocent people who "worship" at those brothels, I of course wish that they would be spared. But the brothels themselves should wind up like Sedom and Amorah.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 12:09:00 AM »
" So if you want to be against Reform Judaism (the founder's daughter left the Jewish faith) then be against it.  To me, Reform Judaism is just leftism with the quasi religious kumbaya veneer.   But I think observant Jews and Orthodox rabbis should always try reaching out to Jews who go to these "temples"

I agree 100%! And by attacking them, we will gain nothing! I think we should go into these Temples and find the righteous and pull them our way...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 11:47:20 AM »
I think most of the reform Jews should need to be enlightened as they are oblivious to the truth. But the "rabbis" must be held accountable for misleading Jews into their sick fake religion.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 12:15:39 PM »
I think most of the reform Jews should need to be enlightened as they are oblivious to the truth. But the "rabbis" must be held accountable for misleading Jews into their sick fake religion.
A good chunk of the Deformed "Jews" are just hopeless, hate to say. Most of them hate real Judaism with a passion.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 12:22:44 PM »
A good chunk of the Deformed "Jews" are just hopeless, hate to say. Most of them hate real Judaism with a passion.
They are taught to hate and despise it but they don't know much or anything about it except for deform lies and deception.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 12:25:32 PM »
They are taught to hate and despise it but they don't know much or anything about it except for deform lies and deception.
I'd venture to say at least half of them are not real Jews in the first place, because they are either (a) the 100% Gentile spouses of intermarried SHJs, (b) the half-Jewish offspring of said unions, or (c) fake Gentile "converts" to Deform prostitution.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 12:39:25 PM »
I going to guess, there has to be some real and righteous Jews in my area that go to these Temples... In a 2.5 hour radius there is only two to choose from, Reform or Conservetive.

I even saw a girl with Meir Kahane sticker on her car a while back.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 02:56:38 PM »
Reform Judaism reminds me the most of Unitarian Universalism. They pretty much seem to promote the same things.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 08:16:32 PM »
I would say Deform Judaism is somewhat more dangerous. UU is widely regarded as something of a joke, even today. Deform "rabbis" are renowned and respected and courted by talk show hosts and heads of state and famous actors/actresses. A better analogy would be pastors in mainline leftist "Christian" denominations.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 08:34:55 PM »
  Lisa I wouldn't categorize Young Israel as "ultra-Orthodox". The one's I am familiar with at the very least are just plain centrist Orthodox. They also say the prayer for the Country (U.S.) and then for the State of Israel and for the soldiers.
 I personally wouldn't categorize them as "ultra-Orthodox" though.

I just also did a quick search (perhaps this shul is different) but I found this about them saying about themselves "

"The YIGN is a Modern Orthodox synagogue that.... "

http://yign.shulcloud.com/president.html

And by the pictures they seem modern as well.

As does the Rabbi and staff (Or just Orthodox as opposed to "Ultra")