Author Topic: BEWARE OF THE OPEN ORTHODOX MOVEMENT  (Read 700 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
BEWARE OF THE OPEN ORTHODOX MOVEMENT
« on: November 18, 2013, 10:51:32 PM »
This so-called movement is another attempt of the reform movement to destroy Torah Judaism. A once respected Orthodox Rabbi has shifted to the dark side of the spectrum, supporting homosexual marriage, lesbian rabbis, denying the divine nature of our Holy Torah, and attempting to mess up the Halachic marriages in Israel. These demons are far, far worse than the Women of the Wall.

They can actually get people to believe they are Orthodox all the while filling them up with the most Treif ideas ever concocted. At one time I respected Rabbi Weiss, even attending one of his Shabbat services at a Modern Orthodox shul in Berkeley (I should have guessed he would turn out rotten). My Rabbi at the time said this guy was an 'activist' rabbi, but little did I know at the time his activism was against traditional Judaism.

I exposed them on the forum several months ago, but the movement gets worse and worse...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/14121#.UordHHVDsjg

When very prominent graduates of YCT who serve on the boards of Open Orthodoxy's institutions and who are in the international spotlight deny Torah Mi-Sinai, the historicity of the Torah, the existence of prophecy and the future Moshiach (Messiah) and the Geulah (Redemption) (please see, for example, section II here), is there not cause for concern?

When leading Open Orthodox rabbis lobby for and celebrate homosexual marriage rights and host LGBT Shabbatonim and training institutes at their synagogues, is there not reason to question the Orthodox bona fides of the movement?

When Open Orthodox leaders attack our liturgy, judge its values and seek to reform it, is there not a good basis to speak out?

When a rabbi who was ordained by YCT as a dayan (rabbinic judge) and who sits on the boards of two of Open Orthodoxy's major institutions and is a staff writer for its website calls for a seismic overhaul of marriage and divorce procedures, utilizing rejected halakhic positions that portend a catastrophic outcome and an irreparable split in the Jewish People, are we expected to be silent and not vigorously object?

When the YCT rosh yeshiva writes of the immorality of the “original” command of the Akeidah (Binding of Yitzchak) and of the offensive nature of the “original” mitzvah of Mechiyas (the Obliteration of) Amalek, and he disparages the Biblical Patriarchs on a weekly basis in his Torah writings, what is one to think?

When Open Orthodox leaders write that Avraham failed the test of the Akeidah, for he should have refused, that one can celebrate homosexual lifestyle events and that rabbis should encourage committed homosexual relationships for gay men who feel that they cannot be celibate, how is one to square this with Orthodox values? Is one not allowed to protest?

Are those who are uncomfortable with these Open Orthodox approaches and who confront them in the same forums where they are promoted  "extremists"? It would seem that terms such as "halakhic Jews", or "Jews who uphold and defend Torah values from distortion", are far more accurate in describing those of us who are gravely troubled by a movement that has demonstrated its intent to reform and derail Orthodox Judaism and to offend and compromise its core values.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14