Author Topic: Was John Adams really Pro-Jewish?  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Was John Adams really Pro-Jewish?
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
Chaim has spoken about how John Adams was the most Pro-Israel President but look at the part below I bolded of something he wrote.

John Adams (1797-1801)

"I will insist that the Hebrews have done more to civilize man than any other nation."
        (Letter from John Adams to Thomas Jefferson)

"Farther I could find it in my heart to wish that you had been at the head of a hundred thousand Israelites ... and marching with them into Judea and making a conquest of that country andrestoring your nation to the dominion of it. For I really wish the Jews again in Judea an independent nation. [I believe ... once restored to an independent government & no longer persecuted they [the Jews] would soon wear away some of the asperities and peculiarities of their character & possibly in time become liberal Unitarian christians for your Jehovah is our Jehovah & your God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob is our God.]"
        (Letter to Mordecai Manuel Noah, 1819)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Was John Adams really Pro-Jewish?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »
Yeah I read about him and some of the founders.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
Looks like he just envisioned converting us to believe in Christianity..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 06:37:20 PM »
I don't see this as a call for the Jews to convert as much as a wishful thinking that they will embrace his form of Christianity, naturally he thought he had it right and we had it wrong...

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:09:41 PM »
I don't see this as a call for the Jews to convert as much as a wishful thinking that they will embrace his form of Christianity, naturally he thought he had it right and we had it wrong...
I agree with that. We all think our way is the right way, that's why there is so many different sects...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
At least he put christian in lower case. Was Adams a Unitarian? Unitarians according to all views do not practice idolatry. I guess they just think the J man was the Mashiach or a prophet similar to how Muslims view him.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
At least he put christian in lower case. Was Adams a Unitarian? Unitarians according to all views do not practice idolatry. I guess they just think the J man was the Mashiach or a prophet similar to how Muslims view him.
I don't know about John Adams, but the original ones came from the Hussites(I think), and they were monotheistic.  The Hussites fought the "Church" and were tight with the Jews. They fought off seven Crusades from the " Church" and won until they became divided. The modern day ones, seem to be leftist hippies, Jan Hus would be rolling in his grave!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.