Author Topic: Chabad  (Read 1695 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Chabad
« on: July 29, 2007, 04:49:31 AM »
Since 1979, Chabad has been giving free services to Jews who came from the USSR.  Lubab probably knows about this. 

Since JDL greatly contributed to getting Jews freed, I think it's time for them to show their appreciation to Cham and the sacrifices that he and others made for them.  They have no idea and it's time for those who came from Soviet Russia to learn about how Chaim and the JDL sacrificed for them. 

Could Chabad get these Jews to donate to JTF? 

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Chabad
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 10:38:25 PM »
First we got to get them to be religious.  Most of the Russian Jews are not religious at all sadly due to the oppression in Russia.  I got Russian Jews I work with who eat pork and don't observe the Sabbath and no nothing of Judaism other than they are Jewish and those are the good ones.  The bad ones don't even care if they are Jewish or not and intermarry.   My father was one of the few exceptions in that he was a Russian Jew who remained religious. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 02:38:53 AM »
First we got to get them to be religious.  Most of the Russian Jews are not religious at all sadly due to the oppression in Russia.  I got Russian Jews I work with who eat pork and don't observe the Sabbath and no nothing of Judaism other than they are Jewish and those are the good ones.  The bad ones don't even care if they are Jewish or not and intermarry.   My father was one of the few exceptions in that he was a Russian Jew who remained religious. 

In Soviet Russia, did they close down all synagogues? 

Do these people who you work with consider themselves Russian despite the fact that they live in the US and do they consider themselves Bolshevik Russian before Jewish?

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 06:18:40 PM »

In Soviet Russia, did they close down all synagogues? 

Do these people who you work with consider themselves Russian despite the fact that they live in the US and do they consider themselves Bolshevik Russian before Jewish?

1)  Yes, Stalin may his name be obliterated raided all the synagagues, closed them all down and instantly shot on the street or sent to Siberian death camps all the Rabbis, Gabbis, Cantors and major officers in each Synagague.  My grandfather Zs'l was in Russia at the time and he was a Choir director for a synagague so he was very lucky not to have been killed.  He had a cousin who was the main Cantor of one of these synagagues and he fled for his life thousands of miles away by train into a different area of Russia so they wouldn't find him and kill him.    Similarly, stalin sent to Siberia or executed anyone who practiced Judaism in public as well as influential Jews like writers and any individual who any person reported to the KGB that the guy was a traitor so everyone was paranoid since whole families would simply disappear and no one would dare menchan their name for fear of being sent to Siberia as well.   This guy killed millions of Russians and was probably just as evil as hitler ys. Later on, my father says that a few synagagues were opened but they were fake and used for spying so no Jew went to them bec. they assumed that if they would go they would be sent to a Siberian death camp and lose their job.   My father's family and the Jews in his area prayed only on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur in secret at someone's house where they would each slowly come in groups of two, close all the windows and hold a secret prayer service and then they would each leave seperately.
My father left in the late 60's so after that I don't know but it probably didn't change much.   

2)  Each one is different.  The good thing about the Russian Jews is in my limited experience is that most tend to marry Jews and consider themselves Jewish even if they are not observant at all. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:24:46 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

raiseyourfist

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 02:16:52 AM »
Someone close to me use to be a member of Chabad and is a very patriotic active helping jew...

I will turn him to JTF and see if he can join and get others to do the same...

The chabad movement is certainly a big supporting group who will help us