Author Topic: Any fans of Twisted Sister?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
Any fans of Twisted Sister?
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:46:56 PM »
Are there any fans of Twisted Sister here? If so, what are your thoughts on the fact that they are hardcore leftists who supported Barack Hussein Obama and even re-recorded their famous song "I Wanna Rock" as "I want Barack"?

Really sick because I kinda used to like them and, especially, this song... not anymore though.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Any fans of Twisted Sister?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 12:48:26 AM »
Two words

HAIR METAL

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/list-of-the-day/the-25-best-hair-metal-bands.html

Twisted sister ranked 10th best 'hair metal' band.... never liked glam....
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:53:13 AM »
back in the day I thought their videos were hilarious..... it is a shame that ANYONE would support oBumma.

Offline AirGunner

• Junior JTFer
  • עוד כהנא חי
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 01:22:44 PM »
I tend to not like musicians anymore or listen to their music when they depart from making music and try to enter the world of politics.
כִּי בְתַחְבֻּלוֹת, תַּעֲשֶׂה-לְּךָ מִלְחָמָה

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »
No fan of glam metal

Offline weelittlefishy

• Junior JTFer
  • Ex-Leftist on the war path against the Left
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 06:15:27 PM »
I hope they enjoy the tax increases and dumped medical coverage.

I grew up in the 80s and I don't recall hearing "hair band" as a term then. They were just metal.
الموت الى الإسلام

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 06:25:37 PM »
I hope they enjoy the tax increases and dumped medical coverage.

I grew up in the 80s and I don't recall hearing "hair band" as a term then. They were just metal.

We used the term quite often in the 80s to refer to bands which were mostly concerned with their big hair-dos and not so concerned with the music.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hair%20band

1. hair band
The word is used to describe a band That plays a genere of music commonly known 'hair metal'. the music was well known in the 80's, and characterized by: all of the band members having extremely long hair, usually high pitched male vocals, and heavy, piercing, distorted guitars. some examples of bands include; "dokken", "firehouse", and "white lion"

3. hair band
A group of men in a rock band, each with an obsenely large mane that is typically wavy and always past the shoulders. The men in the band (most formed in or around 1980) bang their heads so their hair flies all over and they sing rock songs about women and love in multi-part harmony. In addition, it is customary to wear either extremely tight pants or similarly tight stone-washed cut-off jeans when part of a hair band.

Def Leopard, the men of Spinal Tap, Poison, and Twisted Sister were superior hair bands in the 80s.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
I liked Twisted Sister. I also liked Bon Jovi, until I was at a Kid Rock and Bon Jovi show in the hell hole of Chicago, and John was promoting Osama.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 08:14:19 PM »
I liked Twisted Sister. I also liked Bon Jovi, until I was at a Kid Rock and Bon Jovi show in the hell hole of Chicago, and John was promoting Osama.

I know. Bon jovi, as talented as he is, is a major Osama's ass kisser in rock industry. His extreme pro-Osama rhetoric would make late John Lennon look conservative.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 10:34:22 PM »
I like some hair metal but only in passing. I prefer real metal like Megadeth, early Metallica, Slayer, Slipknot, ICP, Killswitch, Lamb of God, etc.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 02:36:13 AM »
I tried to grow a heavy metal doo in my teens... but it always ended up frowing up... it was a losing battle.

But twisted sister... very fun to watch... and lets not forget..... I'm a goofie goober!!!