Author Topic: Neshama Carlebach is off the derech?  (Read 7803 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Neshama Carlebach is off the derech?
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2013, 04:18:51 AM »
Isn't it a mitzvah to rebuke her since she is a public figure? Promoting the Deform Movement is causing the masses to sin, especially if by someone is the daughter of an Orthodox rabbi.

I didn't post anything not true here. Wonga made up fake things. I just simply rebuked her for joining the evil Deform Movement.

In my opinion (and it is only my opinion) it is acceptable to let it be known to prevent others from following her bad example. But I don't know if it amounts to 'rebuke' which is supposed to be between you and the person directly, isn't that what rebuke is supposed to be.

In the case of Nueta Karta I wrote them an email once rebuking them, and since I rebuked them I feel I can speak freely against them (although there may be rabbis who disagree with this issue). I feel that rebuke is essential because the Torah says that if we don't rebuke we are guilty of their sins.

http://www.theshmuz.com/kedoshim.html

Rebuke - The malpractice of a Mitzvah

ספר ויקרא פרק יט

(יז) לא תשנא את אחיך בלבבך הוכח תוכיח את עמיתך ולא תשא עליו חטא:
Do not hate your brother in your heart, rebuke your nation, and do not carry his sin

תרגום אונקלוס על ויקרא פרק יט פסוק יז
(יז) לא תשני ית אחוך בלבך אוכחא תוכח ית חברך ולא תקבל על דליה חובא:
Do not hate your brother in your heart, rebuke your friend, and do not receive a punishment for his sin. (See the Ramban on this posuk.)

Why should I be punished for your sin
When the Torah mentions the obligation to rebuke a fellow Jew, it ends with the words, “and do not carry his sin.” The Targum translates this as, “And do not receive a punishment for his sin.”

According to the Targum, it appears that if Reuvain ate a ham sandwich and I didn’t rebuke him, I would be punished for his sin. Why should this be? At most, you might argue that if I was capable of rebuking him and didn’t, I would be responsible for the sin of not rebuking him. But how do I become responsible for the sin that he perpetrated? He transgressed it; I didn’t.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14