Author Topic: Shmuely Boteach is an abomination  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Shmuely Boteach is an abomination
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:42:11 AM »
Because it's ok for Jewish gays to follow just 611 out of 613 commandments.

This so called rabbi is a chilul Hashem to humanity.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
"Rabbi" Shmley Boteach would vote for Obama if he was a Muslim
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 05:09:16 PM »
In other words, "rabbi" Smuley would like to see the United States turn into Uganda
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-shmuley-boteach/if-an-american-president-_b_707832.html

This particular passage turned me off:
If Obama were an Islamic president of the United States who berated instead of coddled Arab dictators, like King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, he would have my vote. If he were a practicing Muslim who prayed in the direction of the Had but promoted democracy across the Middle East, rather than Kissingerian realpolitik, which seems to be the foundation of his foreign policy, I would endorse him. If he were a devout Muslim first magistrate of the United States who spoke out against the abuses of women in the Islamic world, I would deeply respect him. If he were a Muslim who prayed in the Oval Office five times a day and fasted all of Ramadan and then lectured Hamas and Hezbollah to stop putting all their money into rockets against Israel and invest it instead into universities for their people, he would inspire me.

Seriously, doesn't he recall Idi Amin Dada, a muslim president of predominantly-Christian country Uganda?
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: "Rabbi" Shmley Boteach would vote for Obama if he was a Muslim
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 06:35:06 PM »
He is not as bad as the nastiest self hating collectivist Jews but sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Shmuely Boteach is an abomination
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:46:05 PM »
He was Michael Jackson (ysv)'s boyfriend so ysv to him too.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 12:11:06 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 12:18:54 AM »
I spoke with my Rabbi about this abomination. He has caused a great amount of damage, both to Jews and non-Jews by creating confusion.

I wish shmuely would shut his mouth and stop seeking the limelight by defaming our heritage.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 12:23:37 AM »
Chaim said they threw him out of Chabad. Is this true? Is he still a rabbi Al Pi Halacha?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 12:24:19 AM »
Chaim said they threw him out of Chabad. Is this true? Is he still a rabbi Al Pi Halacha?

My Chabad rabbi told me this too. I believe it...

Is he a rabbi? Unless you can undo smicha, I suspect he can call himself a rabbi... Just he cannot be a rabbi representing Chabad.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 12:27:00 AM »
I heard Chaim say that 11 years ago. Back then I didn't think he was bad. That's before he came out with "Kosher Adultery". He said learn how to sin with your wife. But it's not adultery if it's with your wife and adultery is one of the three cardinal sins so it's nothing to laugh about. I did buy the book Kosher Sex when I was 18. He states in the book that oral sex is permitted if it's for a healthy marriage even though the Halacha is that it's a waste of seed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 12:28:54 AM »
I asked my rabbi about it several months ago when I read an article on PJ media where a bunch of Christians were celebrating that the Jews were going to accept their messiah because of Shmuely's book... It was obscene...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 12:44:54 AM »
I heard Chaim say that 11 years ago. Back then I didn't think he was bad. That's before he came out with "Kosher Adultery". He said learn how to sin with your wife. But it's not adultery if it's with your wife and adultery is one of the three cardinal sins so it's nothing to laugh about. I did buy the book Kosher Sex when I was 18. He states in the book that oral sex is permitted if it's for a healthy marriage even though the Halacha is that it's a waste of seed.

Didn't read the book, its probably a good title for the purpose of greater sales. About that point though- I don't think its a sin in that context.

PS I DONT endorse him just point out that fact.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 02:33:05 AM »
What gets me is his 'kosher jesus' meshigas...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2013, 03:06:16 AM »
Homosexuality involves more than 1 of the commandments.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 06:46:02 AM »

You mean finishing the act of sex through oral sex. Otherwise oral sex as part of the whole session of sex is ok, right?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 12:36:03 PM »
I couldn't care less what he teaches about what married couples do in their bedroom. The fact of the matter is that this is a self-hating monster who tries to put a religious veneer on the world's biggest beasts.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 12:57:53 PM »
This is what I wrote on that article
 " Also unlike the breaking of Shabbat, refraining from eating shellfish and breaking Yom Kippur homosexuality is something that is included in the 7 Mitzvot Bnai Noah, it is something that both Jews and gentiles should refrain from. Soo when their is a gentile eating pork, or breaking the Shabbat, he isn't held liable, but when they are doing homosexual act then they are doing a very serious crime and you know what the punishment is.
 Soo to equate homosexuality to breaking Shabbat for a gentile is no comparison because they have absolutely no obligation to keep Shabbat (in fact they cant unless they convert and become a Jew) but this sin as well as the other sins of sexual immorality that they should uphold (such as women not cheating, no incest or bestiality) and the other 6 (of the total 7) laws they MUST keep and a violation of any of them has very serious consequences. "

"I am an orthodox Rabbi, and I freely acknowledge that the Bible clearly labels homosexuality a sin. However, it is not a moral sin but rather akin to the prohibition of lighting fire on the Sabbath or eating bread on Passover. It may violate the divine will, but there is nothing immoral about it. "
 BUT ALL OF THESE ARE VERY SEVERE SINS WITH CONSEQUENCES OF KERET- the cutting off of the person's soul.

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 12:58:42 PM »
You mean finishing the act of sex through oral sex. Otherwise oral sex as part of the whole session of sex is ok, right?

I don't know. I think it's stupid either way and degrading to women. I'm not married but if I get married, I only plan on having real sex.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 01:03:03 PM »
This is what I wrote on that article
 " Also unlike the breaking of Shabbat, refraining from eating shellfish and breaking Yom Kippur homosexuality is something that is included in the 7 Mitzvot Bnai Noah, it is something that both Jews and gentiles should refrain from. Soo when their is a gentile eating pork, or breaking the Shabbat, he isn't held liable, but when they are doing homosexual act then they are doing a very serious crime and you know what the punishment is.
 Soo to equate homosexuality to breaking Shabbat for a gentile is no comparison because they have absolutely no obligation to keep Shabbat (in fact they cant unless they convert and become a Jew) but this sin as well as the other sins of sexual immorality that they should uphold (such as women not cheating, no incest or bestiality) and the other 6 (of the total 7) laws they MUST keep and a violation of any of them has very serious consequences. "

"I am an orthodox Rabbi, and I freely acknowledge that the Bible clearly labels homosexuality a sin. However, it is not a moral sin but rather akin to the prohibition of lighting fire on the Sabbath or eating bread on Passover. It may violate the divine will, but there is nothing immoral about it. "
 BUT ALL OF THESE ARE VERY SEVERE SINS WITH CONSEQUENCES OF KERET- the cutting off of the person's soul.

Maybe that's his way of saying Bein Adam LaMakom and Bein Adam LeChavero. But homosexuality is probably both since it involves two people. Also, the prohibition of homosexuality is probably a mishpat while kashrut laws are a chok. There is a logical reason for refraining from homosexuality but kashrut is a chok (We don't know the reason. We only refrain because G-d said so.).