Author Topic: Watching Live Meeting of Chabad Emissaries in Brooklyn NOW  (Read 3233 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Watching Live Meeting of Chabad Emissaries in Brooklyn NOW
« on: November 03, 2013, 07:06:38 PM »
Live!

Two Rabbis (at least) that I know are currently attending the festivities in Brooklyn...

http://www.chabad.org/multimedia/live_cdo/aid/221818/jewish/Live-Broadcast-Conference-of-Chabad-Lubavitch-Emissaries.htm

I will review what I saw earlier when it is over...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Watching Live Meeting of Chabad Emissaries in Brooklyn NOW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 09:24:43 PM »
I think Chabad is doing a great job in bringing Jews from the four corners of the world back to Jewish belief, and keeping the Torah and Mitzvot. The conference addressed a very pressing concerning which I brought up with my Chabad Rabbi a couple of weeks ago when the Pew poll indicated a decline in Judaism in America. He spoke of it the evening I attended the talk given by Rabbi Nessenoff. The Chabad Jewish community is growing and it is off the radar of the synagogue Jews, and by reaching out to Jews of all kinds Chabad is doing a great service to the Jewish people.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 01:29:29 AM »
Here was coverage of the event on a news show:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 01:37:19 AM »
Messages from Rebbe Schneerson to the Shliachim today...

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 03:20:26 PM »
I usually watch every Chabad event live but this time I missed it :(.... because I got to see Rabbi Shalom Arush live in person on Sunday night!! :) So it's bitter sweet.

I believe there may be another televised Chabad event in December but forgot the details, I was not able to write down the info but will look it up to find out when it will be.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 03:43:33 PM »
I usually watch every Chabad event live but this time I missed it :(.... because I got to see Rabbi Shalom Arush live in person on Sunday night!! :) So it's bitter sweet.

I believe there may be another televised Chabad event in December but forgot the details, I was not able to write down the info but will look it up to find out when it will be.

Shalom IsraeliHeart,

Lucky You! I have seen the flyers for the Breslev event and would have gone if they came closer to where I live (they went to Los Angeles but I could not make it there this year)....

In December is the Chabad Telethon, a great event in it's own right....

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
Oh it's another Telethon in December? I didn't know that. Thanks.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:23:26 AM »
Oh it's another Telethon in December? I didn't know that. Thanks.

Actually I am not sure what Chabad event is in December. Usually the main telethon is on in August...

I am going to go to my Chabad rabbis Chanukah event the evening before Thanksgiving. Eighth Day will be playing and the event is at the Jelly Belly factory (one of my favorite 'confections').

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, 01:31:06 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, 01:36:45 AM »
I can't wait to see these guys...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, 01:45:21 AM »
Eighth Day plays at Chabad summer camps (usually named Camp Gan Israel (CGI))...

Offline Southern Noachide

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 11:42:48 AM »

This speech has altered my opinion of Mr Lieberman. He is a Jew, his heart appears to be in the right place, and he does love his Jewish brothers and sisters in Israel.

Too bad his votes in the Senate were diametrically opposed to the Universal Noachide Laws on so many issues (non-Halakhic abortions, "gay rights").

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 11:16:17 PM »
Looks like some people haven't listened to anything Chaim's said about Pruneface, yimach shemo.