Author Topic: Question for Hebrew speakers  (Read 641 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Question for Hebrew speakers
« on: December 31, 2013, 10:00:28 PM »
http://www.gidiwoodworker.co.il/

Looking at the linked site, can you look at the video on the bottom right and summarize that exchange.  I know the artist/woodworker is a settler being interviewed about his art work on Channel 2 in Israel.  My point is that Channel 2 is left wing as far as I know and that female reporter seems to be gushing over this fellow.  I would like to know if the interview mentioned his settlement activities and what the discussion was about.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Question for Hebrew speakers
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
You mean this video?

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:55:23 PM »
4:00 he mentions "Gush Etzion" his settlement. Also that is a seat for Eliyahu Hanavi during Brit Milah.

Also 7 minutes he mentions where he can be found (in Gush Etzion) for his work.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »
Thank you Tag.  He was my guide when I visited Judea and Samaria.  He actually lives in outpost above Gush Etzion.  His home was being built at the time and was unauthorized.  He was a big supporter of the IDF possibly having served in an elite unit.  Definitely not a Kahanist. 

I was curious if he played down his settler status for Channel 2 or if the woman interviewer who looked like she was sexually excited talking to him made an issue of it.

Thanks again.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 11:42:36 PM »
I think it was mainly about his work and not about where he lives.