Author Topic: Meryl Streep must read JTF calls Walt Disney vicious anti Semite  (Read 1274 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.jpost.com/Arts-and-Culture/Arts/Walt-Disney-was-anti-Semitic-says-Meryl-Streep-337647

Walt Disney was anti-Semitic, says Meryl Streep
By LAUREN IZSO
01/09/2014 15:29
inShare
Select Language​▼
During her speech at the National Board of Review Awards, Streep says Disney is nothing like he is portrayed in "Saving Mr. Banks."

Hollywood icon Meryl Streep says the legendary Walt Disney was anti-Semitic.

During her speech at the National Board of Review Awards in New York on Tuesday, Streep ripped into Disney in a lengthy nine-minute rant saying the famous cartoonist "was supposedly a hideous anti-Semite" and a "gender bigot."

"Disney, who brought joy, arguably, to billions of people, was perhaps, or had some … racist proclivities. He formed and supported an anti-Semitic industry lobby. And he was certainly, on the evidence of his company's policies, a gender bigot," Streep said during the ceremony.

Streep backtracked on her insults of the creative mastermind explaining that "most creative people are often odd, or irritating, eccentric, damaged, difficult. That along with enormous creativity comes certain deficits in humanity, or decency. We are familiar with this trope in our business. Mozart, Van Gogh, Tarantino, Eminem"

Streep was giving an ode to the upcoming film "Saving Mr. Banks," which follows the relationship between Mary Poppins' author P.L. Travers with Walt Disney. The film will star Emma Thompson, who Streep believes to be a true artist, juxtaposing the true nature of Disney, something that is sugarcoated in the film, according to Streep.

According to the New York Times, in 1938, a month after the Nazi assault on German Jews known as Kristallnacht, Walt Disney gave Hitler’s personal filmmaker, Leni Riefenstahl, a tour of his studio. When Riefenstahl offered to show Disney her depiction of the 1936 Berlin Olympics. Eventually, the Times reported Disney turned down the German artist when he realized working with her might ruin his reputation.

In his biography of Riefenstahl, author Steven Bach writes that upon her return to Germany, she thanked Disney for receiving her, saying it “was gratifying to learn how thoroughly proper Americans distance themselves from the smear campaigns of the Jews.”
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Meryl Streep must read JTF calls Walt Disney vicious anti Semite
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »
I am no fan of Meryl Streep. But I am glad she did this.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 08:38:07 AM »
He probably was. Also the great orator, sr. was a big fan of disney.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 10:35:17 AM »
I've heard that for years that Disney was anti-semitic and a racist towards blacks.  The crow scene in Dumbo is the one example everyone talks about how racist Disney was.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
We think we should boycott Disney. It's a hideous disgusting company.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 04:55:26 PM »
We think we should boycott Disney. It's a hideous disgusting company.

in that case we need to boycott all of hollywood.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 10:06:35 PM »
Movies are about the only thing I can really go out and do around here.

I'd rather go to the Natural History Museum more often but it's not very close so going there is more of a special occasion. I have more fun there than at the movies.

I used to like going to the zoo when I was a kid (which is close to the museum) but it seems to have as many animals outside of the enclosures now as inside and not in a good way. When I was a kid our local zoo used to have fancy chickens running around on the grounds which was fun to watch (they were well taken care of) but they no longer have them, probably because the animals that visit the zoo were hurting/harassing them too much. I guess you can't expect that kind of people not to go after a chicken when they see one. *sigh*

I've been going to fandom meetups and those are a lot of fun but only are held about once a month or so close enough to where I live to go to them. So if I want to go out and do something around here I generally have two options, go out to eat, or go to the movies, and I really don't think it's very healthy to go out to eat that often so I go to the movies.

Most of the movies do have some level of liberal propaganda in them. I guess that's to be expected though when liberals dominate everything. I just try to be aware of such messages so as not to let them affect me too much.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 04:56:40 AM »
May I suggest you can go to a range and practice shooting.

Movies are about the only thing I can really go out and do around here.

I'd rather go to the Natural History Museum more often but it's not very close so going there is more of a special occasion. I have more fun there than at the movies.

I used to like going to the zoo when I was a kid (which is close to the museum) but it seems to have as many animals outside of the enclosures now as inside and not in a good way. When I was a kid our local zoo used to have fancy chickens running around on the grounds which was fun to watch (they were well taken care of) but they no longer have them, probably because the animals that visit the zoo were hurting/harassing them too much. I guess you can't expect that kind of people not to go after a chicken when they see one. *sigh*

I've been going to fandom meetups and those are a lot of fun but only are held about once a month or so close enough to where I live to go to them. So if I want to go out and do something around here I generally have two options, go out to eat, or go to the movies, and I really don't think it's very healthy to go out to eat that often so I go to the movies.

Most of the movies do have some level of liberal propaganda in them. I guess that's to be expected though when liberals dominate everything. I just try to be aware of such messages so as not to let them affect me too much.