Author Topic: Self Respecting Jew Moshe Feiglin: I'm Not Going to Poland - Here's Why  (Read 535 times)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/176721#.UuUC0bTFLIU
MK Feiglin will not join historic Knesset session at the site of the Auschwitz death camp; says visits send the wrong message.

On Monday, most of the Knesset will leave Israel for Poland. Members of Knesset plan to hold a Knesset session at the site of the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camp, where an estimated 1.1 million people were murdered during the Holocaust, in honor of International Holocaust Remembrance Day.

Among those who will be staying in Israel is MK Moshe Feiglin (Likud). Feiglin explained Sunday, in a post to Facebook, why he is choosing not to join the delegation.

He drew a parallel to the expulsion of Jews from Spain in the late 15th century. “When we were expelled from Spain, we swore that we would never again step foot on that cursed land, and for hundreds of years we kept our word,” he said.

There are benefits to visiting the sites where Jews were massacred in the Holocaust, he noted. However, he argued, they are outweighed by the detrimental effect of such trips.

“I have no doubt that there is some experience, at the entrance to the crematoria, that cannot be experienced unless you are there,” he said.

However, he continued, “There is some essential thing – far more important – that you lose, when you turn the memory into a ‘museum memory’ instead of something living that works within you, that influences your life and your relationship to the nation that murdered you.

“Because when I land in Poland, who will guard me? Who will be responsible for my security? Who will I trust? That is to say – what message am I sending to myself, and to those around me?

“I’m sending the message that what happened belongs to a different world, one that no longer exists. Like touring the pyramids. There’s no connection to the here and now,” he answered. “Now I trust the Polish people, now we are in a new moral reality. They aren’t responsible.”

Feiglin drew another parallel, to Tisha B’av, the day of mourning over the destruction of the First Temple, the destruction of the Second Temple, and other tragedies in Jewish history.

“On Tisha B’av I don’t go to museums – I fast. I turn memory into personal action – I, personally, am in mourning,” he wrote.

“There is no significance to remembering the Holocaust without taking that memory and making it personal,” he concluded.

MK Eliezer Moses (Yahadut Hatorah), who will be joining the delegation, explained recently why he has decided to take part despite his previous reluctance to visit Holocaust-era death camps.

The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Self Respecting Jew Moshe Feiglin: I'm Not Going to Poland - Here's Why
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
While feiglin gives good points and I respect his decision, I feel as a kahanist, one can go to a death camp and talk about positive things like, "next time a nation tries to do this to us, we will do the very thing to them." 
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 09:06:24 PM »
While feiglin gives good points and I respect his decision, I feel as a kahanist, one can go to a death camp and talk about positive things like, "next time a nation tries to do this to us, we will do the very thing to them."
Really?!!! And give your hard earned tourist money to the Nazi Poles!
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:02 AM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

After what they did to the Jews during the Holocaust, no penny to the Poles.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision