Author Topic: Keeping Kosher at the SuperBowl? It is possible (or so they say)  (Read 964 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Keeping Kosher at the SuperBowl? It is possible (or so they say)
« on: February 02, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »
I am not one who enjoys the SuperBowl any longer. I must admit when I was younger I did enjoy watching and partaking in the 'festivities' (drinking and eating and getting rowdy)... For many years the SuperBowl was held on the week of my Birthday, but when the leagues became larger they moved the Bowl game a week later (always falling out on the week of my brothers birthday)... Anyway, that is not what I wanted to discuss in this thread.

Just ran across this story about how Kosher food is available at the game...

At least those Jews who enjoy going to the games can enjoy it without having to take food from home, or go hungry (or G-d forbid actually have to eat non-kosher food when 'nobody is looking')...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Keeping Kosher at the SuperBowl? It is possible (or so they say)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 07:49:37 PM »
I went to Siyum HaShas there. Usually MetLife Stadium has kosher stands but they weren't open during Siyum HaShas. I guess the Haredim in charge who usually don't go to football games thought it wasn't kosher enough. Instead the regular food stands just had kosher snack food from Frum companies based in Lakewood and drinks. There was no serious food available such as meat sandwiches. I think I got some tortilla chips there.

Most East Coast stadiums have kosher stands. New York, Baltimore, and Washington baseball stadiums all have kosher stands. In Philadelphia, they only have a kosher stand at Jewish Heritage Night. In Philadelphia, only the football stadium has kosher food all the time. In Washington, I got shawarma. I was surprised to see that they actually had a non-kosher falafel and shawarma stand in addition to falafel and shawarma at the one kosher stand. I also got kosher food at the Prudential Center in Newark when I went to a hockey game.

Baltimore was the first stadium to have kosher food. Philadelphia is the only major city with a significant Jewish population without a permanent kosher stand at baseball games. So I can get kosher food when I sees the Phillies on the road but only at home during Jewish Heritage Night. Jewish Heritage Night is mostly Federation nonsense. The only good part is that you can get kosher food.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Keeping Kosher at the SuperBowl? It is possible (or so they say)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 07:51:13 PM »
Click here for the kosher Halftime Show.

http://www.nachumsegal.com