Author Topic: Marijuana Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths  (Read 6473 times)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Marijuana Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths
« on: February 16, 2014, 12:21:17 PM »
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/pot-fuels-surge-drugged-driving-deaths-n22991
http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol/files/Marijuana-Use-Increases-Risk-of-Traffic-Crashes-and-Deaths.html#.UwDyPoX5ASk
During each shift at her drive-through window, once an hour, Cordelia Cordova sees people rolling joints in their cars. Some blow smoke in her face and smile.

Cordova, who lost a 23-year-old niece and her 1-month-old son to a driver who admitted he smoked pot that day, never smiles back. She thinks legal marijuana in Colorado, where she works, is making the problem of drugged driving worse — and now new research supports her claim.

"Nobody hides it anymore when driving," Cordova said. "They think it's a joke because it’s legal. Nobody will take this seriously until somebody loses another loved one."

As medical marijuana sales expanded into 20 states, legal weed was detected in the bodies of dead drivers three times more often during 2010 when compared to those who died behind the wheel in 1999, according to a new study from Columbia University published in the American Journal of Epidemiology.

“The trend suggests that marijuana is playing an increased role in fatal crashes,” said Dr. Guohua Li, a co-author and director of the Center for Injury Epidemiology and Prevention at Columbia University Medical Center. The researchers examined data from the federal Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS), spanning more than 23,000 drivers killed during that 11-year period.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: The Nazi Drug Pusher Rand Paul Wins Conservative Straw Poll
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
Nothing new the Pauls always win
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »
Nothing new the Pauls always win

True, the Paulies always manage to infiltrate these straw polls.  But Rand Paul is smarter and more polished and, therefore, more electable than his evil dad.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 04:10:58 PM »
Is there some reason you refer to him as a 'drug pusher'? I have never heard of this allegation.

I know that the Rands have taken money and supported causes which are neo-nazi... But 'drug-pusher' is a very new allegation. When did they sell drugs? A drug pusher is one who tries to force get his clients hooked on drugs by offering them cheap or free initially, then slowly (as the user gets hooked) raises the price...

Is this a hyperbolic allegation? I assume it is...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »
Will someone tell me or point me in the right direction...... I would like to see some of the allegations made against Paul and see sources. It is not that I am trying to dispute them, I just reluctantly want to know..... I really like Rand Paul but I guess there is more to him than I am aware of. I don't want these allegations to be true but truth reigns..... if they are true I will support another candidate.

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 08:00:36 PM »
Will someone tell me or point me in the right direction...... I would like to see some of the allegations made against Paul and see sources. It is not that I am trying to dispute them, I just reluctantly want to know..... I really like Rand Paul but I guess there is more to him than I am aware of. I don't want these allegations to be true but truth reigns..... if they are true I will support another candidate.

בס''ד

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5DiyAwlItM

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ _________________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDeSBSLPlag

___________________________________________________________________________________________________ _________________

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9yZvL-TAk

Tom Tancredo blasts Rand Paul for supporting amnesty for 20 million illegal aliens:

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,68156.msg588765.html#msg588765

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 11:21:03 PM »
ron paul supporters are weird.
don't know about rand paul. probably the same.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 11:22:58 PM »
Is there some reason you refer to him as a 'drug pusher'? I have never heard of this allegation.

I know that the Rands have taken money and supported causes which are neo-nazi... But 'drug-pusher' is a very new allegation. When did they sell drugs? A drug pusher is one who tries to force get his clients hooked on drugs by offering them cheap or free initially, then slowly (as the user gets hooked) raises the price...

stop being literal minded.
ron and rand hate your kind. that should be enough for you.
yes, those are small 'r's.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 11:43:48 PM »

I'm guessing he called them drug pushers, because they're Libertarians and believe drugs should be legal. Which I have gone back and forth on... If they are legal you don't have all the drug cartels, ect. getting rich and building their empire's. On the other hand you have a bunch of idiots killing themselves that tax payers have to pay for...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2014, 12:44:00 AM »
I'm guessing he called them drug pushers, because they're Libertarians and believe drugs should be legal. Which I have gone back and forth on... If they are legal you don't have all the drug cartels, ect. getting rich and building their empire's. On the other hand you have a bunch of idiots killing themselves that tax payers have to pay for...

Supporting legalization or decriminalization does not make one a drug pusher though... Nobody makes anyone take drugs. A pusher connotes a person who tries to get clients hooked through unscrupulous means.

I have stated many times I am completely for legal medical MJ. I am not a pusher though...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2014, 12:44:58 AM »
stop being literal minded.
ron and rand hate your kind. that should be enough for you.
yes, those are small 'r's.

I dont support rand or ron paul in the least. I am 100% with JTF position on them. My point is the term 'drug pusher' is a bit hyperbolic.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hyperbole

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 12:47:39 AM »
The Steppenwolf (I saw them) song 'Pusher Man' describes what my impression of 'drug pusher' is...

WARNING: there is some inappropriate language in this song...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2014, 12:55:49 AM »
Must be pushing drugs, considering the zombies that follow him.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2014, 12:57:21 AM »
Must be pushing drugs, considering the zombies that follow him.

Hmmm... They do seem like they are on meth at times...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 01:03:23 AM »
M, smoking weed whether its legal or illegal is bad.
the pauls support pot-heads.
and they hate der juden.
why defend them?

hitler did cocaine and hated der juden. you must really like hitler. oh sorry he didn't smoke weed.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2014, 01:18:56 AM »
M, smoking weed whether its legal or illegal is bad.
the pauls support pot-heads.
and they hate der juden.
why defend them?

hitler did cocaine and hated der juden. you must really like hitler. oh sorry he didn't smoke weed.

What do you mean 'smoking weed whether its legal or illegal is bad'?

That is patently not true. The benefits of MJ as a medicine are many, and the alleviation of pain using non opiate drugs is very beneficial.

I know because I was taking prescription pain killers for almost four years (2004-2007) and I can tell you, you don't want to take them (especially when you need to drive to and from work). I have posted several interesting studies which indicate that THC has the ability to reduce certain cancers in patients. Dr Sanjay Gupta has recently been revealing all the positive medical benefits of MJ and THC.

The problem is that often patients need to resort to unscrupulous 'dealers' who may be involved in crime. I fully support legalized medical MJ and believe that even as a recreational drug it's effects are minimal.

I know that some of the smartest people in my Highschool had smoked and they went on to work for prestigious institutions (one works for DARPA).

I can go into some more personal stories about how I know that legal pot is not a problem for society but I will save it...

I know that JTF does not endorse any drug use... But I am just stating my opinion.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 01:21:46 AM »
BTW, is anyone familiar with the story as to why Pot was originally made illegal? You know it was legal in this country for many, many years and only recently (1940s) made illegal... It had a lot to do with racism, and with the influence the alcohol lobby had...

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

http://www.policymic.com/articles/78685/a-brief-history-of-how-marijuana-became-illegal-in-the-u-s

http://www.omg-facts.com/Fun+Facts/Marijuana-was-made-illegal-in-1937-by-a/55729

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 05:11:35 AM »
I'm half with Muman on this. Now that I study Torah, forget it, I'm not concentrating as well, and with mitzvot, I don't care as much. It doesn't make you holy. That aside, for people who need it, it's better than chemical crap.

As for the illegalizations, I support full hemp industrial and agricultural production, and as a low-cost option to improve the quality of air in cities. Not having kids smoke it.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2014, 06:47:14 AM »
Supporting legalization or decriminalization does not make one a drug pusher though... Nobody makes anyone take drugs. A pusher connotes a person who tries to get clients hooked through unscrupulous means.

I have stated many times I am completely for legal medical MJ. I am not a pusher though...
If you make this danger legal more people will use it.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 07:16:03 AM »
If you make this danger legal more people will use it.

Agreed, but fines, you aren't improving the country by turning them into heroin junkies in jail over it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »
What do you mean 'smoking weed whether its legal or illegal is bad'?

That is patently not true. The benefits of MJ as a medicine are many, and the alleviation of pain using non opiate drugs is very beneficial.

I know because I was taking prescription pain killers for almost four years (2004-2007) and I can tell you, you don't want to take them (especially when you need to drive to and from work). I have posted several interesting studies which indicate that THC has the ability to reduce certain cancers in patients. Dr Sanjay Gupta has recently been revealing all the positive medical benefits of MJ and THC.

The problem is that often patients need to resort to unscrupulous 'dealers' who may be involved in crime. I fully support legalized medical MJ and believe that even as a recreational drug it's effects are minimal.

I know that some of the smartest people in my Highschool had smoked and they went on to work for prestigious institutions (one works for DARPA).

I can go into some more personal stories about how I know that legal pot is not a problem for society but I will save it...

I know that JTF does not endorse any drug use... But I am just stating my opinion.

how did we go from pot-heads to doctor prescribed medical use?
there's no way I'm going to agree to weed smoking legal or not.

Oh "Dr Sanjay Gupta" said so. hail "Dr Sanjay Gupta".
he also likes to smoke little boy's pipes.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Marijuana Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:59 PM »
I support legalization of marijuana consumption under strict regulation and heavy taxation. But I think going half way by decriminalizing it or making it legal state wide while keeping it illegal federally is worse then just outright outlawing it.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2014, 07:12:54 PM »
I support legalization of marijuana consumption under strict regulation and heavy taxation. But I think going half way by decriminalizing it or making it legal state wide while keeping it illegal federally is worse then just outright outlawing it.
Then you support cocaine, meth & heroin legalization because this is the danger that will spread.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »
For some reason I just don't beleive the stoner claim that inhaling 1000 degree smoke has no harmful effects.