Author Topic: Ask JTF for March 9, 2014 is ready, baruch Hashem  (Read 7607 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF for March 9, 2014 is ready, baruch Hashem
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »
בס''ד

The program is 1 hour and 12 minutes this week:

For those who would like to download the file for their MP3 players or iPods, the link is provided below:
http://www.jtf.org/ask/2014-03-09.mp3

Please "like" and join our great new English JTF Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jewish-Task-Force-JTF/460701807304711

And please "like" and join our Hebrew Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HayaminORG

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Ask JTF for March 9, 2014 is ready, baruch Hashem
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:31:03 PM »
Thank you
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 10:56:50 PM »
Disappointed in the Haredi answer to Dr. Dan question.

What is the % of Secular who don't join? + Haredim aren't only problem with army, but their mindset + big and growing financial problem.  + making the Torah look bad in the eyes of the public.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:45:25 AM »
Putin was operating as a KGB agent when Reagan visited Moscow...

I agree with Chaim on the Haredie question. It is a convenient way to rally the seculars against the religious, both the Zionist and non-Zionist.

I disagree with Tag that it makes the Torah look bad.... To who does it do this? The seculars don't really care about the Torah, and they also avoid service in the IDF... It is not as simple as you think...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 01:59:51 AM »
We also are commanded to not eat the 'Gid HaNefesh' or the sciatic nerve...

Sanhedrin 59
http://www.dafyomi.co.il/sanhedrin/backgrnd/sn-in-059.htm
11) [line 31] GID HA'NASHEH V'ALIBA D'REBBI YEHUDAH
(a) The Gid ha'Nasheh is the sciatic nerve, the large main nerve of the lower extremity, running down the back of the leg. Eating the part of the Gid ha'Nasheh that is located on the rounded part of flesh ("Kaf") that sits on the hipbone is prohibited by the Torah (Bereishis 32:33). Rebbi Yehudah (Pesachim 83b, Chulin 90b) rules that the prohibition only applies to one leg. There is a question whether he says that it "definitely applies" or "most likely applies" to the right leg. According to the other Tana'im, the prohibition applies to both legs (and the Halachah follows this opinion).
(b) This prohibition applies only to wild or domestic four-legged animals but not to birds.
(c) Besides the Gid that is prohibited by the Torah, the Rabanan prohibited certain nearby fats and nerves.
(d) Rebbi Yehudah (Chulin 100b) states that Gid ha'Nasheh was prohibited to the sons of Yakov, who were considered Benei Noach before HaSh-m gave the Torah to Benei Yisrael on Mount Sinai. The Rabanan argue, claiming that the prohibition was only given to Benei Yisrael on Mount Sinai. HaSh-m, however, instructed Moshe to write the verse along with the story of Yakov as an injunction for the future, to reveal the reason for the prohibition. Even Rebbi Yehudah agrees that only Benei Yisrael, and not all Benei Noach, were commanded not to eat the Gid ha'Nasheh, as the verse states, "Al Ken Lo Yochlu Venei Yisrael Es Gid Ha'Nasheh..."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 02:15:35 AM »
Here is additional information concerning why Hashem made the vegetation grow after Adam was created...

http://ohr.edu/5532

The First Prayer
by Rabbi Yitzchak Botton

“Now all the trees of the field were not yet on the earth, and all the herbs of the field had not yet sprouted, for G-d had not sent rain upon the earth and there was no man to work the land.” (Gen. 2:6)

Rashi explains this verse, based on Talmud (Chullin 60b), that when G-d finished creating the world the earth remained desolate until Adam was created. Once Adam realized that both he and the world depended on rain for their survival, Adam began praying. Once the rain began to fall, trees and plants appeared on the earth.

Why did G-d wait for Adam to pray before He sent rain? Furthermore, why was man needed to work the land? G-d could surely have maintained the trees and plant life without man’s assistance!

Chazal explain in the Zohar that man is referred to as a “miniature world” since he was endowed with a portion of all the worlds –– a soul from the upper worlds and a body that was formed from the four corners of the earth. Consequently, man was charged with the duty to turn to G-d and pray on behalf of all of creation.

Working the Land

Man’s first expression of working for the betterment of the world was not by actually cultivating the land, but rather by praying for it. Why, then, is it stated in this verse: “and there was no man to work the land”?

The Torah calls prayer “the work of the heart” (Ta’anit 2a). It follows that the word “work” in the above verse can be understood as a reference to Adam’s prayer. Accordingly, the phrase “There was no man to work the land” teaches us that there was no one to pray for the land.

In the Beginning

Before man committed the first sin, he was not required to do any physical work. All he had to do was adhere to G-d’s instructions; namely, to fulfill the mitzvot required of him, and to help sustain the creation through his prayers. By fulfilling these precepts, man expresses his devotion to G-d and dependence on G-d. Consequently, these deeds alone provided Adam with the necessary merit of partaking of the world’s goodness.

The requirement for man to do physical work was added to his role as a punishment for his having committed the first sin. Nowadays, even though according to the natural order of things man must do physical work, one must not forget that the essential work of man is the work of the heart — i.e., prayer. Prayer serves as a testimony to man’s faith in G-d and it is the true source of all G-d’s blessings.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 03:21:23 AM »
Chaim, I apologize for correcting you but, near the end of the program, you accidentally called Michelle Bachmann 'Michelle Obama' at least twice.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 04:25:14 AM »
Chaim, I apologize for correcting you but, near the end of the program, you accidentally called Michelle Bachmann 'Michelle Obama' at least twice.

:-[
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 09:53:09 AM »
Another great show, Chaim!

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »

בס''ד

No need to apologize. You are right. That's really embarrassing. That's what happens when I do a program late at night after a very long day.

My apologies to Michelle Bachmann, who is a righteous person. Comparing her to that Jew-hating racist beast Michelle Obama is a terrible insult.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 12:12:02 PM »
Muman-
"I disagree with Tag that it makes the Torah look bad.... To who does it do this? The seculars don't really care about the Torah, and they also avoid service in the IDF... It is not as simple as you think..."

Yes they do. The vast majority of Jews in Israel aren't hardcore "seculars". People are traditional and such and of course it matters and makes an impression especially on them.

Those darn "seculars" who don't care anything about Torah and Judaism.

4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »
I'm sorry Chaim, it was really funny to finally hear you admit how much you really like Michele Obama.

Great show!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 02:03:21 PM »
  I also don't understand what was said against Bennett. He first tried making an alliance with the Haredi parties (Shas and UTJ) but they refused. He then had to make an alliance with Lapid, that is how politics works.
 And let's say he made an alliance with Shas and UTJ instead Chail you could have easily made the same claim that he is working with the Haredim and pointed out the bad things they made in the past. So either way whatever Bayit Yehudi would hae done would have been or could have been looked upon negatively. And about the Bayit Yehudi voters- I think many of them just like the country see's the growing Haredi problems and they want to and need to solve it now while they are out of the coalition. Its a long overdue needed thing.

And about Lapid- why would he be an anti-Semite? Im not a fan of him but why the anti-Semitic claim. I hate some of his policies especially what he perhaps wants to do with the Settlements, but at the same time his party and him have some Religious Jews as well in his party. I don't see why it would be MORE of a problem for Bayit Yehudi to make a strategic (temporary) alliance with them then with the Haredim or anyone else. And by the way the Haredi party(ies) especially the Askenasi one was talking about "taking revenge" against the Settlers. So I think the fact that Bayit Yehudi now is in the coalition that is destroying their ideology and their funding is such is a great thing. Not anti-Semitic at all and a much needed action that will solve a lot of the problem's especially down the line.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 02:27:14 PM »
That's what happens when the Bolshevik media bombards everyone with the Obama and his wife. You see them everywhere. Even on ads in Yahoo Mail, you see them. So everyone once and a while, someone might say Michelle Obama by accident.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 02:33:13 PM »
Why would the Israeli Navy publically desecrate Shabbat by recording Kiddush? The status quo in Israel is that official functions of the State other than Pikuach Nefesh have to keep Shabbat. Even Netanyahu walks back to his hotel on Friday Night when abroad.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »
Why would the Israeli Navy publically desecrate Shabbat by recording Kiddush? The status quo in Israel is that official functions of the State other than Pikuach Nefesh have to keep Shabbat. Even Netanyahu walks back to his hotel on Friday Night when abroad.

I thought the same thing at first, BUT their are ways that what they did was perfectly fine as well. For example the person doing Kiddush and others in the room took in Shabbat early before Sunset and the camera men did not take in Shabbat yet.
 Or it could be that that person personally doesn't keep Shabbat and just decided to record with his phone or something. 

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 09:08:38 PM »
I get what you're saying about the videos. I spent 10 hours promoting one, and got an extra 60 views. Granted, it was only posted on 300 of my 1500+ potential pages, but it's not worth the time.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 11:37:26 PM »
  Chaim their is nothing "anti-Semitic" is wanting Haredim to participate in the army. I can't believe you said that. Can you please let me know why you changed directions in regards to Haredim?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 12:10:04 AM »
Chaim their is nothing "anti-Semitic" is wanting Haredim to participate in the army. I can't believe you said that. Can you please let me know why you changed directions in regards to Haredim?

I agree with Chaim. Even if it was okay to force Haredim to join the army, the fact that this is from the Amalekite Yair LaPig is a reason to be against it. This is especially so for an army that would rather throw good Jews in jail for refusing to destroy Jewish homes than protect the Land of Israel and that would rather protect the lives of Arab "civilians" than the lives of Jewish soldiers.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »

I agree with Chaim. Even if it was okay to force Haredim to join the army, the fact that this is from the Amalekite Yair LaPig is a reason to be against it. This is especially so for an army that would rather throw good Jews in jail for refusing to destroy Jewish homes than protect the Land of Israel and that would rather protect the lives of Arab "civilians" than the lives of Jewish soldiers.

Dude come on. That's not the majority of what it does. I never claim or claimed that I agree with everything they did and do but when you really see it OVERALL, its a different picture. If no army, no nation. Plain and simple as that.

And I hate such vile language of calling him or others "Amalikites". Its way over the top and quite sickening especially after the Haredim have been using it against Dati-Leumi Jews recently.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 12:36:12 AM »
Chaim has said the same thing I said multiple times. Maybe you are too young to remember the Expulsion in 2005. I was in Israel during the Expulsion. It was a really upsetting event.

Do you remember Amona? Ehud Smolmert sent soldiers on horseback to beat up Israeli teenage girls. Remember Amona was the call like Remember The Alamo.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 12:40:53 AM »
There are enough soldiers in the army.

I remember Chaim said all good Jews should refuse to serve the day of the Expulsion so Expulsion troops would be sent elsewhere to things that were necessary for security. Israel has enough soldiers. The extra soldiers are used to expel Jews. Others are made career radio personalities like the pig Lapid. I remember how evil his father was when they were first elected in 1999.

ANY party that runs on an anti-religious platform qualifies it as an Amalekite party. That was literally the whole raison d'etre of his father's evil party. He looks even more vicious than his late and unlamented father who was ashamed of his Hebrew name Yosef and preferred to be Tommy.

The reason Lapid has religious Jews in his party is so people won't claim his party is anti-religious. Chaim said that's baloney. The party supports homosexuality so anyone claiming to be a rabbi is not a real rabbi according to Chaim if they are in that party.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 12:48:20 AM »
Chaim has said the same thing I said multiple times. Maybe you are too young to remember the Expulsion in 2005. I was in Israel during the Expulsion. It was a really upsetting event.

Do you remember Amona? Ehud Smolmert sent soldiers on horseback to beat up Israeli teenage girls. Remember Amona was the call like Remember The Alamo.

No one should take part in any Amona or Gush Katif type thing.

-Rav Kahane served in the IDF and that was after something worse then Amona and Gush Katif- it was after the Altellena incident and other very serious problems as well.
- Haredi "protest" has NOTHING to do with Amona nor Gush Katif. In fact now they are seeking "revenge" against the Settlers because of Bayit Yehudi (who's base is the Settlers).

"ANY party that runs on an anti-religious platform "

Yesh Atid don't say they are an anti-religious party, and it isn't their platform. They include Rabbis (#2, and Lipman as well).
  I'm not endorsing them I'm just saying that when you said anyone running in an anti-religious platform, that isn't true. They aren't about being anti-religious.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 12:53:36 AM »
Chaim told me on Ask JTF that Lipman is not a real rabbi. I couldn't find the link. It must have been about one year ago. He certainly doesn't represent the "Anglo Jews" in Israel. "Anglo Jews" vote for the National Union party. I voted for the National Union and I was betrayed by Bennett, like Chaim said.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 12:57:07 AM »
Anglo Jews voted for different parties including Yesh Atid.

National Union? You mean the Bayit Yehudi?