Author Topic: Special appeal to help us advertise the Hebrew Facebook page!  (Read 2362 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

Baruch Hashem, our Hebrew Facebook page keeps growing. We now have 1815 "likes" and hundreds of Israeli Jews actively go the site every day.

But we want to reach much greater numbers. So we plan to start paid advertising on Facebook. Our target audience will be 6 million Israeli Jews.

To do this, we need your help. Every contribution helps us reach more Jews in the Holy Land with the truth. Because their fight is our fight.

Please send checks, money orders or cash donations to:

JTF
POB 650327
Fresh Meadows NY 11365

Or you can contribute online: http://hayamin.org/vja

G-d bless our great JTFers and their loved ones.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Special appeal to help us advertise the Hebrew Facebook page!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:17:08 PM »
Huge waste of money, based on what I've seen from facebook. You can pay all you want, and they will simply keep it from reaching people, and their staff will count as hits and you will pay. This is a very corrupt and evil organization, and should it work by some miracle, it will be at the cost of giving them money.

The best advertising I've seen is cross-page promotion, where you agree to like a friendly page and post the link to their page on your timeline, in return for the same. I've seen lots of pages do it with considerable success. I can send privately 1-2k pages on facebook where you can cross-promote, but it will take me a while to copy the list one by one, especially with lag.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 09:44:57 PM »
Facebook always puts ads to the right and I just click X on them if I'm bored. The X closes them. It's not like ad banners you see on other sites.

If you could advertise on Israeli Hebrew websites like Y Net it might be more helpful. Of course the Bolshevik Israeli companies probably wouldn't accept the ads.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
Facebook always puts ads to the right and I just click X on them if I'm bored. The X closes them. It's not like ad banners you see on other sites.

If you could advertise on Israeli Hebrew websites like Y Net it might be more helpful. Of course the Bolshevik Israeli companies probably wouldn't accept the ads.

If something is attention-grabbing, people visit. The chance that this really gets in front of the Israeli pubic is low.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
like 100 views now wtv.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 10:29:14 PM »
Huge waste of money, based on what I've seen from facebook. You can pay all you want, and they will simply keep it from reaching people, and their staff will count as hits and you will pay. This is a very corrupt and evil organization, and should it work by some miracle, it will be at the cost of giving them money.

The best advertising I've seen is cross-page promotion, where you agree to like a friendly page and post the link to their page on your timeline, in return for the same. I've seen lots of pages do it with considerable success. I can send privately 1-2k pages on facebook where you can cross-promote, but it will take me a while to copy the list one by one, especially with lag.

בס''ד

Advertising with Facebook is not a waste of money for our type of movement. Almost 2 billion people are on Facebook, including the vast majority of Israeli Jews. Facebook guarantees reaching a certain number of people with the ads, and we can control who receives the ads.

As a result of Facebook, numerous movements and political parties were created in Israel. Naftali Bennett started his most recent career by teaming up with a Facebook page and funding it. Bennett now has 12 Knesset seats and is a Cabinet minister. We don't have the type of money Bennett has, but we can still grow at our own pace. We have seen many other examples of movements flourishing because of Facebook advertising.

Many times when we try something new here, we have people on the English forum who have to sabotage it. You see we are trying to bring our message to other people and need to raise funds to do so. You are undermining our cause with your ill-informed comments. If you see us doing something new, if you feel that we are making a mistake, the correct way to address the issue is through a private message. To publicly undercut us and discourage people from helping us when you frankly don't know what you are talking about is terrible. You are not the only one who has done this. We have several members here who have this habit. When you see us trying to do something important, you don't try to cut our legs off. Now we may have a harder time raising the money to reach our fellow Jews.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 10:41:12 PM »
Amen Chaim, I will try to send you something, but it won't be much... I'm sorry, I really don't have much...
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
I didn't think of the consequences of saying that. Yes, facebook can work, and if you're set on doing it, I hope you succeed. I would caution that I have had bad experiences with PPC advertising there, but movements and such have a much higher success rate than businesses, so you never know. If you combine that with cross-page promotion, and start issue related groups on America, Israel, conservatism, Obama, guns, Islam and any other single-issue group and post links for information found on your page, it will multiply your exposure.

On a side note, copy Naftali's style, he did succeed in making phony half-hearted attempts at Israel advocacy the fuel to make him "cool", probably due to the lovely little pictures he uses, and his youthful, happy demeanor, that has him branded as a cross between a tough right wing leader, a soldier, a Rabbi, and a friendly personable people person. The fashionably politically correct style he employs in his posts makes people unafraid to promote him.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 10:43:20 PM »
בס''ד

Obviously, there is no guarantee of success when you advertise anywhere. But in today's world, if you are not supported by the media (we clearly are not), then you have to advertise to become a large movement.

If the advertising campaign does not work, of course we will stop it and try something else. But based upon what happened to other groups, I think we have a reasonable chance of success.

The two biggest places in the world where someone can advertise today are Google and Facebook. Based upon the numbers of people who will receive the ads, Facebook is cheaper.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 10:47:14 PM »
בס''ד

Obviously, there is no guarantee of success when you advertise anywhere. But in today's world, if you are not supported by the media (we clearly are not), then you have to advertise to become a large movement.

If the advertising campaign does not work, of course we will stop it and try something else. But based upon what happened to other groups, I think we have a reasonable chance of success.

The two biggest places in the world where someone can advertise today are Google and Facebook. Based upon the numbers of people who will receive the ads, Facebook is cheaper.

Google+ is a ghost-town, and Google AD words are more oriented towards businesses. All I'm trying to say is that there are free ways to advertise that are more effective than paying today. I've been marketing since under 20 years old, and I've never paid for an ad, but have reached millions of people and made sales. I have my secret lists of things to try, but anyways, maybe my experience is more relevant to companies than a movement.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 10:48:39 PM »
To illustrate my point, I've just got over 10 pages on facebook to "share" your gun control video, at no cost to anyone.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 10:58:13 PM »
Would it be ok to ask how much we need?

"You get what you pay for". It's between 10c and 1$/ hit, depending on the quality of advertising, so it depend on how many people you want to reach if they use PPC.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 10:59:24 PM »
Google+ is a ghost-town, and Google AD words are more oriented towards businesses. All I'm trying to say is that there are free ways to advertise that are more effective than paying today. I've been marketing since under 20 years old, and I've never paid for an ad, but have reached millions of people and made sales. I have my secret lists of things to try, but anyways, maybe my experience is more relevant to companies than a movement.

בס''ד

I know you have good intentions. And I certainly agree with you about also trying to grow the pages for free - believe me, our dedicated Hebrew admins and members are doing that. But we want to greatly increase the results. Even in the business world, which is admittedly different from a political cause like ours, you often have to spend money to make money.

We will all see with our own eyes if this works. We will report to our members on Ask JTF about any progress we are making, or alternatively, our members will be able to check the page themselves to see if there is a major increase in "likes". Here is the page that we want to advertise for (the advertising will not begin until we have raised the necessary funds):

https://www.facebook.com/HayaminORG

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2014, 11:05:56 PM »
בס''ד

I know you have good intentions. And I certainly agree with you about also trying to grow the pages for free - believe me, our dedicated Hebrew admins and members are doing that. But we want to greatly increase the results. Even in the business world, which is admittedly different from a political cause like ours, you often have to spend money to make money.

We will all see with our own eyes if this works. We will report to our members on Ask JTF about any progress we are making, or alternatively, our members will be able to check the page themselves to see if there is a major increase in "likes". Here is the page that we want to advertise for (the advertising will not begin until we have raised the necessary funds):

https://www.facebook.com/HayaminORG

Are there any magazines/media that would be friendly to your cause and would publish an article promoting it?

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 11:06:42 PM »
Would it be ok to ask how much we need?

בס''ד

Sure. That's a very sensible question.

Let me see if I can copy the advertising rates here. It may be different for Israel than for the United States. Our Hebrew admins showed me the Israeli rates - which again, may be the same as elsewhere. From what they showed me, I thought we would have a reasonable chance of substantially growing our page. Let me check with them again.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 11:08:05 PM »
Anyways, cross-page promotion is the easiest way to get views, just post a link on pages and say "come promote your page on ours", and you can tell them what you're doing too, but they usually reciprocate.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2014, 11:10:27 PM »
Are there any magazines/media that would be friendly to your cause and would publish an article promoting it?

בס''ד

Possibly. That is something we should also be doing. It could certainly help us. But I don't think we can rely on that alone.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2014, 11:23:56 PM »
בס''ד

Possibly. That is something we should also be doing. It could certainly help us. But I don't think we can rely on that alone.

Do it for 1000 pages over the course of a week 200-400 accept, and it will be worth a $1-2k campaign. Combine it with adwords, it multiplies, and if you do more things at once, you get the chance of making it go viral. I've been watching pages go from 400 to 10k likes overnight like that, so it's good. Advertising on facebook is really most effective to promote your posts to people that already like your page.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2014, 11:50:05 PM »
בס''ד

I was right that the rates are different for each page based upon the number of "likes" and the number of friends that the "likers" have and could bring you. Here are the rates for our Hebrew page:

You will notice that with $100, they are promising us that we would reach between 21,000 and 56,000 Facebook users. That figure will change daily. But assuming we reach 21,000 - which is the minimum they are promising - if we get one percent to "like" us from this group, that is an additional 210 "likes".

We now have 1815 "likes" which is not bad by Israeli standards (remember Israel is a small nation of only 6 million Jews). If we had tens of thousands someday, we could become a major force, G-d willing. That's our goal.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 12:53:04 AM »
בס''ד

I was right that the rates are different for each page based upon the number of "likes" and the number of friends that the "likers" have and could bring you. Here are the rates for our Hebrew page:

You will notice that with $100, they are promising us that we would reach between 21,000 and 56,000 Facebook users. That figure will change daily. But assuming we reach 21,000 - which is the minimum they are promising - if we get one percent to "like" us from this group, that is an additional 210 "likes".

We now have 1815 "likes" which is not bad by Israeli standards (remember Israel is a small nation of only 6 million Jews). If we had tens of thousands someday, we could become a major force, G-d willing. That's our goal.

I mentioned PPC, and promoting posts, but the last option they can simply put it with four other posts on a page and make it switch after five seconds, and that counts as they saw it. It's cheap, but I've never tried that, so I can't tell you how it would work, but I would strongly recommend another option. You may as well take out 10 10$ banner ads on Israeli sites, I really don't see how unsolicited ads on FB would be any better.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2014, 06:37:37 AM »
Chaim are you sure this really works?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 08:01:22 AM »
It is not at all certain that there will be even 1% Israeli views of the page.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 02:41:45 PM »
It is not at all certain that there will be even 1% Israeli views of the page.

בס''ד

1. We can limit who sees the page to Israelis. We can specify that we want this only to go to people from one country.

2. The people seeing the page will be friends of our "likes". If we eventually run out of friends of our "likes", then other Israelis will be exposed to the page.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 02:44:24 PM »
Chaim are you sure this really works?

בס''ד

Advertising can never be a sure thing. You never know for sure if it will work until you try it. It is also possible that it works for a while and then doesn't work any more. Anything is possible with advertising.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2014, 02:52:05 PM »
בס''ד

Advertising can never be a sure thing. You never know for sure if it will work until you try it. It is also possible that it works for a while and then doesn't work any more. Anything is possible with advertising.
Ok I'll make a donation tomorrow and we'll give this a chance.
Btw Chaim what's the target $$$ you're going to need before you start it?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane