Author Topic: Why a Catholic Leader is Calling for a Beer Boycott.  (Read 1323 times)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Why a Catholic Leader is Calling for a Beer Boycott.
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:32:55 PM »
There’s a battle brewing after popular beer brands Guinness, Heineken and Sam Adams pulled their sponsorships of St. Patrick’s Day parades in New York and Boston, each citing organizers’ restrictions on gay and lesbian participants as a central reason for cutting ties.

Catholic League President Bill Donohue responded Monday with a call for Catholics to boycott all three companies.Noting that St. Patrick’s Day parades are Catholic in nature, he charged activists with engaging “in a bullying campaign” against the events, claiming that these individuals and forces have “contempt for the constitutional rights of Irish Catholics.”

Donogue’s claims came after Guinness brewery became the latest company to announce it was cutting ties with the New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade, citing diversity concerns in a statement that was widely touted and praised Sunday by GLAAD, a gay and lesbian rights organization.

“Guinness has a strong history of supporting diversity and being an advocate for equality for all. We were hopeful that the policy of exclusion would be reversed for this year’s parade,” read the Guinness statement. “As this has not come to pass, Guinness has withdrawn its participation. We will continue to work with community leaders to ensure that future parades have an inclusionary policy.”

Heineken, too, pulled sponsorship from the New York parade.

“We believe in equality for all,” said a Heineken USA spokeswoman, according to CNN Money.

And Sam Adams, a popular beer brand owned by Boston Beer Company, decided to pull its sponsorship of the Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade.

“We were hopeful an agreement could be reached to allow everyone, regardless of orientation, to participate in this parade,” the Massachusetts-based company said in a statement. “However, given the current status of the negotiations, this may not be possible.”
Catholic League President Bill Donohue Calls for Boycott Against Beer Companies

GLAAD praised the companies’ decision, specifically citing Guinness’ choice to pull sponsorship.

“Today, Guinness sent a strong message to its customers and employees: discrimination should never be celebrated,” GLAAD CEO and president Sarah Kate Ellis said. “As a gay mom who has fond memories of the New York City St. Patrick’s Day Parade, it saddens me that I can’t give those same memories to my own kids because my family isn’t welcome.”

Gay and lesbian activists were also given a boost by Boston Mayor Marty Walsh and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio. While Walsh opted out of the parade, de Blasio opted to participate in a gay-friendly alternative celebration in Queens — “St. Pat’s For All,” the Huffington Post reported.

Gays and lesbians are permitted to march in the parades, though they are not allowed to carry signs or banners identifying themselves or advocate gay rights, according to the Huffington Post.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/17/why-a-catholic-leader-is-calling-for-a-beer-boycott/

I like Sam Adams...but I won't buy their beer anymore.
I hope that Cardinal Dolan, and parade organizers, stands his ground on this one.
I think the parade organizers stance on this is fair.
Can you stop gay and lesbians from marching in the parade or existing.  No.  But, you don't have to give them your seal of approval.
Same thing I teach my child.  You can respect decent people.  It doesn't mean you have to think everything another person does is right.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: Why a Catholic Leader is Calling for a Beer Boycott.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »
I hope these companies lose tonnes and tonnes of profits. Infact I hope they sink into the ground all the way to Hell together with the homos.

The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 01:27:10 PM »
The whole world has gone insane.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 03:12:14 PM »
Bravo,

It is sick that these companies are supporting such perversions. I don't drink beer so my boycotting them doesn't do a thing... But I support the church in their pursuit of exerting pressure against the forces of evil. I ultimately boycott almost everything because the corporations have allowed themselves to become part of the dumbing down (and perversion) of America.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »
Bravo,

It is sick that these companies are supporting such perversions. I don't drink beer so my boycotting them doesn't do a thing... But I support the church in their pursuit of exerting pressure against the forces of evil. I ultimately boycott almost everything because the corporations have allowed themselves to become part of the dumbing down (and perversion) of America.
Well, while we are at it....I am boycotting Honey Maids graham crackers.  They should make commercials and not commercials with a agenda.  Afterall, they are just selling crackers.  I don't need a lesson on diversity.  I think it is a mistake for companies to promote one group, at the expense of the another.  I think there are many different directions they can take to sell crackers, besides a political one.
Offensive (to me) content.
 Generic grahams for smores from now on!

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 03:39:55 PM »
We should make a thread and name who to boycott and why.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 03:51:25 PM »
This touches on an idea I had last Shabbat...

We should put together, if it has not already been done, a list of companies which joined the BDS (Boycott, Divest, and Sanction) movement against Israel.

We should make an issue that all who support Israel should boycott those companies and musicians which join the BDS movement.

I refuse to buy from companies which support my enemies.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 07:39:28 AM »
This touches on an idea I had last Shabbat...

We should put together, if it has not already been done, a list of companies which joined the BDS (Boycott, Divest, and Sanction) movement against Israel.

We should make an issue that all who support Israel should boycott those companies and musicians which join the BDS movement.

I refuse to buy from companies which support my enemies.
Sounds like a great idea.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »
While we are it we should boycott DC,Marvel & Archie comics for promoting homo characters