Author Topic: Chicagoans  (Read 756 times)

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
Chicagoans
« on: April 17, 2014, 10:27:40 AM »
How accurate is the surroundings to this game set in Chicago? watch it in hd mode

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Chicagoans
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:28:24 PM »
I am from Chicago. They did a good job recreating the feel of Chicago and the landmarks but some things are not correct, there are no mountains in the Chicago area although in northwestern and southern Illinois there are large bluffs that resemble small mountains or larger hills.

There's no bridge going from the south side to the loop, it's the big long bridge going over a large body of water towards the end, that part was also made up. The smaller bridges in the loop are definitely real though. It looks like they shrank lake Michigan and made it a limited pond or something. I recognize millennium park where the guys playing with that helicopter thing and the bean in there background, also the very end where aiden is staring at the chicago river with all the bridges, that part is also real and I recognize it

Other than that, the feel and look and some of the areas I recognize. It would be very difficult to make a complete replica 1:1 of Chicago as the metro area is gigantic. I think they did a pretty good job.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »
I am from Chicago. They did a good job recreating the feel of Chicago and the landmarks but some things are not correct, there are no mountains in the Chicago area although in northwestern and southern Illinois there are large bluffs that resemble small mountains or larger hills.

There's no bridge going from the south side to the loop, it's the big long bridge going over a large body of water towards the end, that part was also made up. The smaller bridges in the loop are definitely real though. It looks like they shrank lake Michigan and made it a limited pond or something. I recognize millennium park where the guys playing with that helicopter thing and the bean in there background, also the very end where aiden is staring at the chicago river with all the bridges, that part is also real and I recognize it

Other than that, the feel and look and some of the areas I recognize. It would be very difficult to make a complete replica 1:1 of Chicago as the metro area is gigantic. I think they did a pretty good job.

Are you familiar with the film Brother 2? If so, what do you think of it?

It is Russian film, but set mostly in Chicago. You can watch it here [with English subtitles]:
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »
Are you familiar with the film Brother 2? If so, what do you think of it?

It is Russian film, but set mostly in Chicago. You can watch it here [with English subtitles]:

i've honestly never watched it before, there are a lot of Russians in Chicago though, I been watching a show called Chicago PD which is filmed in Chicago.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
Oh and watchdogs is a fantastic game I did some serious upgrades just for the game. Got a i5 3570k and a liquid cooler. Also got a nvidia gtx 770 on the way

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »
Oh and watchdogs is a fantastic game I did some serious upgrades just for the game. Got a i5 3570k and a liquid cooler. Also got a nvidia gtx 770 on the way

I'm going to have to upgrade too, using a gtx560ti with i7 3770k at the moment and going to jump on the 800gtx series as it should have full DX12 support.
Wolfenstein new order is another title to keep an eye on one week before Watch dogs.

Jews should play it because you get to gun down nazi's.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 11:53:29 AM »
High quality visuals. select 1080p for full detail.