Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 331 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Shalom
« on: May 06, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:31:23 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Millions of Americans changed their race in a census to get perks
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:10:22 PM »
I'm painting my skin copper.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: Millions of Americans changed their race in a census to get perks
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:59:19 PM »
I don't blame them if it is to get equal treatment and/or consideration.....

I will use education as an example.... Minorities in the US can get into law, medical, graduate, etc. schools MUCH easier than the average white person. They also get scholarships, grants, extra points added to grades, copies of exams, etc.... things that whites do not get or have access to. I know this first hand, I was discriminated against because I am a white male.... I didn't let it get to me and just moved on and worked harder but I shouldn't have had to. I have completed my education but I worry about all the hard working young men and women who get shafted on a daily basis because their group is too successful. They work hard and achieve believing that hard work and perseverance will be rewarded only to have their dreams shattered with the realization that they are the wrong color or race. I think it is wrong to even ask race on job applications, admission applications, etc. If a person has the qualifications, who cares if they are white or black, Jewish, Indian, etc.

Wow, I just realized something... To be perfectly honest I would have a hard time hiring a muslim for my office. I don't know if I could do it. I guess I am a hypocrite.

I know the article was not about school, I just used it as an example. It applies just the same to any number of other situations in life.