Author Topic: The Awe Inspiring World in High Definition.  (Read 3151 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The Awe Inspiring World in High Definition.
« on: May 11, 2014, 01:40:18 AM »
Shalom & Shavoah Tov,

Last Friday afternoon I came across some very moving videos shot in what is called 4k video (which means a resolution approaching 4000x2000) which exceeds what is common HD today (called 1080p). I do not have a screen at home which can display true 4k images (only 1080p which is 1920x1080 resolution).

As I work in the digital video field my company develops decoders which can decode this 4k high resolution video, but these high definition videos can also be down-sampled to 1080p which still look incredibly crisp and provide the ability to express things visually which were not capable in old fashioned 480 or 720p resolutions.

If you have a 1080 or 4k capable system then these videos should be very exciting.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: The Awe Inspiring World in High Definition.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 01:41:22 AM »
These birds look especially life-like in this video..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 01:44:46 AM »
Birds in the springtime...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 01:52:28 AM »
Autumn in High Definition...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 02:04:49 AM »
From the beauty of Earth, to the cosmos... Our understanding of our environment can only barely be imagined.

Remember, when the video first is displayed it usually uses the lowest resolution... Click the little 'gear' in the lower right hand side of the control panel and select the highest resolution (either 1080p or 4k)...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 02:14:08 AM »
For those new to the latest High Definition standard, here is some discussion of it's imminent availability.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 02:22:41 AM »
More stunning photography of the stars..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 02:26:00 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 02:30:42 AM »
Those nebulae remind me of fractal geometry...

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 02:41:12 AM »
Cool. How do you find out up to which resolution one's screen has? Is their a way to check?
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 02:49:21 AM »
Cool. How do you find out up to which resolution one's screen has? Is their a way to check?

It depends on which Operating System you run on your machine.

On Linux there is a control panel for setting the monitor resolution. It usually detects what the maximum resolution of attached screen supports, and you can select any resolution the monitor supports.

I believe Windows also has such a control panel.

Here is how to change it in Windows 7...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/change-your-screen-resolution

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/getting-best-display-monitor#getting-best-display-monitor=windows-vista

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 02:54:33 AM »
For those who never experienced a Space Shuttle launch, they were an impressive display...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 02:59:55 AM »
From the highest highs of outer space, to the lowest lows of the ocean depths...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 03:10:23 AM »
Hashem blessed this world with many awesome creatures, many creatures which fly and many creatures who swim. They all are part of this incredible creation which we experience.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 03:26:11 AM »
Eath, our home from which we are molded..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 03:32:10 AM »
A Sci-Fi short animated CGI 1080p video...

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »
Watch Samsara.  I watched it on my plasma several times and couldn't be more satisfied with the quality.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 10:14:16 AM »
I can't afford such a display
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 12:14:40 PM »
There's not enough 4k content to warrant purchasing 4k displays. 1080p is still great.

Plasma
http://bit.ly/1gr3txC
http://bit.ly/1shCHwP

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 02:19:17 PM »
There's not enough 4k content to warrant purchasing 4k displays. 1080p is still great.

Plasma
http://bit.ly/1gr3txC
http://bit.ly/1shCHwP

I agree at this time the 4k displays are expensive. But as with all technology, within a year the prices will drop quickly. I do not advise buying a high def 4k screen at this time because as with all technology it may not catch on. I made a bad decision almost 8 years ago in buying HD-DVD technology which lost to the Blu-ray competition... Now I have a player which has no content...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 03:53:03 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »
Ever since I was a young child the storm, specifically the thunderstorm and the hurricane, has always intrigued me. I would stay up late at night to watch the storm with it's requisite lightning and thunder, and shiver in awe of the incredible spectacle.

To this day the storm inspires awe deep within me. If these videos can capture the magnitude of the strength of the elements of Hashems nature maybe we can feel that awe.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 05:14:18 PM »
I'm not done with this thread yet... Humanity has created some very beautiful cities. They reflect man-kinds ability to build great buildings which reach to the sky, our high-ways and bi-ways provide needed corridors for travel, and our complex systems of water and electricity provide the ability to live in comfort.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »
I have a couple questions:

First, I remember reading somewhere that one of the questions G-d will ask us when we meet Him is "Why did you not enjoy all the beauties of the world that I created for you?" Is anybody familiar with this passage?

The other question I have is, what do atheists think when they see things like this? Do they really think that all of this just happened by chance? How can they defend such an absurd notion?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 09:16:47 PM »
I have a couple questions:

First, I remember reading somewhere that one of the questions G-d will ask us when we meet Him is "Why did you not enjoy all the beauties of the world that I created for you?" Is anybody familiar with this passage?

The other question I have is, what do atheists think when they see things like this? Do they really think that all of this just happened by chance? How can they defend such an absurd notion?

Yes, I have heard this said... Although there are three questions which I have heard are asked when we die and go to the 'heavenly tribunal'...

Let me find a reference to your suggestion...