Author Topic: This made my day, happy news for once.  (Read 2880 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: This made my day, happy news for once.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:10:15 PM »
wow what a tiger
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »
wow what a tiger
I am a huge dog person, but this cat is a lion! Kol Ha Kavod little kitty, shaking your paw!  :clap:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:13:14 PM »
I was always told 'Don't bring a cat to a dog fight' but this feline friend disproves that saying...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
The cat I had when I was a kid beat up dogs. She would attack any animal (including other cats). She liked people but didn't like to be picked up or touched in certain places. Even when she was old and sick, she attacked an old dog that belonged to someone visiting us. The old dog couldn't be left alone at the home of its owner because it would howl and annoy the neighbors. The dog didn't respond to my cat. The cat lived to be 19 and a half years old. I was 18 when she died. My parents got her as a kitten before I was born.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 09:00:25 PM »
In this case, the shunra bit the evil kalba. In the original Chad Gadya, the shunra ate the gadya but no one ate the shunra. The shunra was bitten by the kalba.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 09:08:47 PM »
Bonehead Hussein should give the cat a medal.  It would be the most honorable thing he's ever done.

Cats are beautiful creatures.  We had one for 15 years and he was extremely attached to us; he greeted me every time I walked in the door.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 09:11:55 PM »
In this case, the shunra bit the evil kalba. In the original Chad Gadya, the shunra ate the gadya but no one ate the shunra. The shunra was bitten by the kalba.
" In this case, the shunra bit the evil kalba. In the original Chad Gadya, the shunra ate the gadya but no one ate the shunra. The shunra was bitten by the kalba."

Let me guess what you said...  The cat ate the kid, no one ate the cat, the cat was bitten by the dog?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 09:13:11 PM »
Bonehead Hussein should give the cat a medal.  It would be the most honorable thing he's ever done.
No, he would say, the cat committed a hate crime against the dog.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 09:51:12 PM »
" In this case, the shunra bit the evil kalba. In the original Chad Gadya, the shunra ate the gadya but no one ate the shunra. The shunra was bitten by the kalba."

Let me guess what you said...  The cat ate the kid, no one ate the cat, the cat was bitten by the dog?

This is from the traditional Chad Gadya song we sing on Passover...

One pet kid, one pet kid,
Father bid for pet kid
Two zuzim, 'twas so trim,
One pet kid, one pet kid.
Came a cat, fierce and fat
That just did eat pet kid ...
Came a dog [woof!], quite a hog [oink]
which bit the cat ...
Came a stick, big and thick [thump the table]
which beat the dog ...
Came a fire, mounting higher [hand action]
which burnt the stick ...
Came some water which didn't oughta [hand action],
put out the fire ...
Came an ox [mooo] with chicken pox [chook noises]
which drank the water ...
Came the shoykhet mit mir oykhet,
shekhted the ox ...
Came the malakh hamoves who wasn't a novice
and shekhted the shoykhet on mir oykhet ...
Came the most Holy Blessed Be He
of whom we shall make no further mention ...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 10:40:10 PM »
That's not the actual translation. That's an English variation. It looks like it also has Yiddish in it.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 10:42:05 PM »
It reminds me of the kids song where someone ate a _____ that ate the _______, etc....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_Was_an_Old_Lady_Who_Swallowed_a_Fly

That's why I said it's good that in the Jewish song, the cat does not get eaten. It says "See Chad Gadya" at the end. I wonder if the person who wrote that song knew about Chad Gadya.

I also like cats and don't like dog so I like that the cat does not get eaten.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 12:16:52 AM »
That's not the actual translation. That's an English variation. It looks like it also has Yiddish in it.

Yes, but it conveys the story...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »
Cats are beast. Mine kills stuff all the time.

(this one cat cuts off a scorpion's tail and eats it.)
here they make kitty sounds while eating a centipede as a group
(cat smacks up tarantula for 2:30, then eats it.)

The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 04:03:30 PM »
I've had many, many cats over the period of 30 years...

Each cat I have had has possessed a unique personality. Some were great hunters, some were snuggle bunnies, and I loved them all.

When we moved to NorCal in 1998 we had Five (5) cats... At one point my house kept 10 cats (after a batch of kittens which were given to 'adopt-a-pet' programs)...

Now I have only one cat left who has been with me for 14 years now (Found her in 2001)... She is not a hunter and a complete snuggle bunny...

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:55:46 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »
Some of my many cats over the years...

This was my 1st cat, got him back in 1986...

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 05:18:36 PM »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/14/watch-a-hero-cat-charge-down-a-dog-brutally-attacking-a-child/

My cat that I wrote about that beat up dogs looked like the cat in the video. In the video you can't see the details of the cat but I saw it on the news and they showed the boy back in the house petting the cat that saved him. It's the color of a tiger cat.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »

My cat that I wrote about that beat up dogs looked like the cat in the video. In the video you can't see the details of the cat but I saw it on the news and they showed the boy back in the house petting the cat that saved him. It's the color of a tiger cat.
My cat looks like Mumans second cat picture. He likes to fight dogs too, he doesn't even have front claws but he don't care. He's a big cat, I think he's mom must of been on steroids. He a good hunter, he even hunts the kids, but doesn't hurt them. It's pretty funny.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 12:49:24 AM »
Cats are beast. Mine kills stuff all the time.

you forgot cat vs cat
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »
you forgot cat vs cat

You asked for it, you got it Toyota..

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 01:32:30 AM »
You asked for it, you got it Toyota..

that was weird. what's with those birds?

and what's with the "toyota"?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 02:06:38 AM »
that was weird. what's with those birds?

and what's with the "toyota"?

Shalom ACK,

Yes, I never have seen birds act like that with cats... A very interesting video indeed.

You know something... Somehow I figured you would not understand the reference to an old 1970's era commercial for the Toyota motor company... The jingle was 'You asked for it, you got it Toyota'...

For example...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2014, 02:12:09 AM »
If you still don't believe me  8)

Fast flashback to the past...

Look what you made me doo.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
I don't think ad agencies were paid as much back then.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2014, 01:44:05 PM »
Shalom ACK,

Yes, I never have seen birds act like that with cats... A very interesting video indeed.

You know something... Somehow I figured you would not understand the reference to an old 1970's era commercial for the Toyota motor company... The jingle was 'You asked for it, you got it Toyota'...

For example...

I don't remember seeing those toyota ads.
I was only 1 or 2 years old.
I'll try really hard to remember.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774