Author Topic: Teens Banned from Praying About the Third Temple at the Western Wall (Kotel)  (Read 714 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/181274#.U4vzwnKSw1I
Ariel youth movement conference at the Western Wall denied entry over magnets with prayer for the Third Temple on them.
Discrimination against Jews at holy sites has reached new heights, the chairman of the Ariel Zionist youth movement told Arutz Sheva Sunday.

Western Wall plaza security guards prevented a group of teenage girls from praying at the Wall Saturday, after finding that the Ariel group had wanted to pray for the building of the Third Temple, Nava Hershkovitz, Ariel girls' division chairman, revealed in an exclusive interview.

Hershkovitz says that the whole incident took place during the 'Jerusalem Shabbaton,' a conference weekend which sees hundreds of teenage girls involved with the youth group stay by families in the Old City.

Over a thousand participants were expected to attend, and the movement's leaders prepared magnets with the prayer as a welcoming gift, Hershkovitz said. The same magnets were given out during last year's ceremony, she noted - also at the Western Wall plaza.

This year, however, the girls were stopped at the security checkpoint and told they could not enter the plaza with the magnets, which would have to remain at the barrier until the group left.

"The girls arrived at the security checkpoint," Hershkovitz recounted. "Usually security is less strict on Shabbat, but the guards told the girls they could not enter with the prayer magnets."

"I arrived at the guard post and spoke to the security detail there, explaining that there is no [security] reason not to distribute the magnets," she continued. "They told me that the magnets are restricted as a general guideline and that they would be denied entry."

Hershkovitz also noted that the guards asked her to go to police over the sudden policy change with a complaint, but she stated that she has lost faith in the Israeli Police and declined.

The youth group leader noted that while the incident seems small, she is also wary of a system which dictates what to pray.

"Ultimately it's written in our siddurim [prayer books], but it gives us great pain that we could not distribute the prayer openly," she said. "They tell us that we can pray at the Western Wall, but then they watch carefully what we actually say there."

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
It reminds me of when they wouldn't let people with anti-expulsion shirts come to the Kotel. They also wouldn't let the Chief Rabbi attend a prayer event at the Cave of the Machpelah in Hebron because his office is "non-political". I guess Shimon Peres gets special rights to be political in his office which is also supposed to be "non-political".

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/181274#.U4vzwnKSw1I

While i applaud and support this teen movement, I'm not sure the title of this thread is honest.  Every Jew who prays three times a day, whether he/she realizes it or not, prays for the the return of the Third Temple in the Shimonah Esrei.  So I doubt this group was restricted from praying about a third temple.  It was an issue with the magnets which I don't understand what the big deal is. 

With that being said, magnets are a lot less dangerous than rocks that are thrown by the Muzzrats on top of OUR temple mount.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
While i applaud and support this teen movement, I'm not sure the title of this thread is honest.  Every Jew who prays three times a day, whether he/she realizes it or not, prays for the the return of the Third Temple in the Shimonah Esrei.  So I doubt this group was restricted from praying about a third temple.  It was an issue with the magnets which I don't understand what the big deal is. 

With that being said, magnets are a lot less dangerous than rocks that are thrown by the Muzzrats on top of OUR temple mount.

The magnets had the prayer for the Temple on them.   If the magnets said something unrelated to the Temple, like "shalom" or something innocuous I can guarantee they would have allowed the magnets.

This is a freedom of expression issue and a direct connection to the state's insistence that the Mount belongs to the arabs.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Most Israelis want this politically-correct Bolshevism. I think that the only long-term solution may be a breakaway state of Judaea as some have proposed. Let regular garden-variety self-hating Israelis assimiliate and disappear and let the real patriotic right-wing, religious Jews fulfill God's commandments. I think Chaim has stated that he supports the idea of a state of Judea in theory but isn't sure it is workable on Ask JTF.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
I disagree on what you say about most Israelis. Chaim has often disagreed also when you bring it up on Ask JTF. It's not their fault. When they are brainwashed by the Bolshevik education system and media, they don't know any better. But when exposed to the truth, it actually makes sense to them. Most Israelis hate Arabs because they know Arabs want to kill them. But some think if you give them land, they will leave you alone. If they are exposed to the option of paying them to leave, they would be supportive. Only the hardcore "Peace Now" Leftists actually have an ideology that Arabs have a "right" to the land. The others just want to be left alone and don't have an ideology. If they were taught the Right Wing ideology about the Land of Israel, they would be supportive.