Author Topic: US citizen among missing teens in suspected West Bank kidnapping.  (Read 433 times)

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: US citizen among missing teens in suspected West Bank kidnapping.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:02:35 PM »
I received this request for prayers for the missing teen from American Friends of Ateret Cohanim/Jerusalem Chai...

http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AmericanFriendsofAte/70a71b9ad5/bb6aff60a4/c13dd407e0

American Friends of Ateret Cohanim/Jerusalem Chai
joins Klal Yisrael in davening for the safe return of the three kidnapped boys in Medinat Yisrael.

We ask everyone to say the following four chapters of tehillim for the safety of

יעקב נפתלי בן רחל
גלעד מיכאל בן בת גלי
איל בן איריס תשורה

תהילים פרק יג
א לַמְנַצֵּחַ מִזְמוֹר לְדָוִד . ב עַד-אָנָה ידוָ ה תִשְכָחֵּנִי נֶצַח; עַד-אָנָה תַסְתִיר אֶת-פָנֶיךָ מִמֶנִי . ג עַד-אָנָה אָשִית עֵּצוֹת בְנַפְשִי יָגוֹן בִלְבָבִי יוֹמָם ; עַד-אָנָה יָרוּם אֹיְבִי עָלָי . ד הַבִיטָה עֲנֵּנִי יְדוָה א-לֹהָי; הָאִירָה עֵּינַי פֶן-אִישַן הַמָוֶת . ה פֶן-יֹאמַר אֹיְבִי
יְכָלְתִיו; צָרַי יָגִילוּ, כִי אֶמוֹט . ו וַאֲנִי בְחַסְדְךָ בָטַחְתִי יָגֵּל לִבִי בִישוּעָתֶךָ : אָשִירָה לַידוָה כִי גָמַל עָלָי
תהילים פרק קמב
א מַשְכִיל לְדָוִד ; בִהְיוֹתוֹ בַמְעָרָה תְפִלָה . ב קוֹלִי, אֶל- ידוָה אֶזְעָק; קוֹלִי, אֶל- ידוָה אֶתְחַנָן . ג אֶשְפֹךְ לְפָנָיו שִיחִי; צָרָתִי, לְפָנָיו אַגִיד . ד בְהִתְעַטֵּף עָלַי, רוּחִי וְאַתָה, יָדַעְתָ נְתִיבָתִי : בְאֹרַח-זוּ אֲהַלֵּךְ טָמְנוּ פַח לִי . ה הַבֵּיט יָמִין וּרְאֵּה וְאֵּין-לִי מַכִיר : אָבַד מָנוֹס מִמֶנִי; אֵּין דוֹרֵּש לְנַפְשִי . ו זָעַקְתִי אֵּלֶי ך, יְדוָה : אָמַרְתִי אַתָה מַחְסִי; חֶלְקִי, בְאֶרֶץ הַחַיִים . ז הַקְשִיבָה אֶל-רִנָתִי כִי דַלוֹתִי מְאֹד : הַצִילֵּנִי מֵּרֹדְפַי, כִי אָמְצוּ מִמֶנִי . ח הוֹצִיאָה מִמַסְגֵּר, נַפְשִי לְהוֹדוֹת אֶת-שְמֶךָ : בִי יַכְתִרוּ צַדִיקִים כִי תִגְמֹל עָלָי
תהילים פרק קל
א שִיר הַמַעֲלוֹת : מִמַעֲמַקִים קְרָאתִיךָ ידוָה . ב אֲדֹ-נָי, שִמְעָה בְקוֹלִי : תִהְיֶינָה אָזְנֶיךָ קַשֻּׁבוֹת לְקוֹל תַחֲנוּנָי . ג אִם-עֲו ֹנוֹת תִשְמָר יָ -הּ אֲדֹ-נָי, מִי יַעֲמֹד . ד כִי-עִמְךָ הַסְלִיחָה לְמַעַן תִוָּרֵּא . ה קִוִּיתִי ידוָה, קִוְּתָה נַפְשִי; וְלִדְבָרוֹ הוֹחָלְתִי . ו נַפְשִי לַאדֹ-נָי מִשֹמְרִים לַבֹקֶר, שֹמְרִים לַבֹקֶר . ז יַחֵּל יִשְרָאֵּל אֶל- ידוָה: כִי עִם ידוָה הַחֶסֶד; וְהַרְבֵּה עִמוֹ פְדוּת . ח וְהוּא, יִפְדֶה אֶת יִשְרָאֵּל מִכֹל עֲו ֹנֹתָיו
תהילים פרק קכא
א שִיר לַמַעֲלוֹת: אֶשָא עֵּינַי אֶל-הֶהָרִים, מֵּאַיִן יָבֹא עֶזְרִי . ב עֶזְרִי מֵּעִם ידוָה עֹשֵּה שָמַיִם וָאָרֶץ . ג אַל יִתֵּן לַמוֹט רַגְלֶ ך אַל יָנוּם שֹמְרֶ ך . ד הִנֵּה לֹא-יָנוּם וְלֹא יִישָן שוֹמֵּר יִשְרָאֵּל . ה יְ דוָה שֹמְרֶךָ ידוָה צִלְךָ עַל-יַד יְמִינֶךָ . ו יוֹמָם הַשֶמֶש לֹא-יַכֶכָה וְיָרֵּחַ בַלָיְלָה . ז יְ דוָה,
יִשְמָרְךָ מִכָל-רָע יִשְמֹר אֶת-נַפְשֶךָ . ח יְ דוָה יִשְמָר צֵּאתְךָ וּבוֹאֶךָ מֵּעַתָה וְעַד-עוֹלם
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 04:05:35 PM »
Tehillim 13

1. To the conductor, a song of David.       א. לַמְנַצֵּחַ מִזְמוֹר לְדָוִד:
2. How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?       ב. עַד אָנָה יְהֹוָה תִּשְׁכָּחֵנִי נֶצַח עַד אָנָה | תַּסְתִּיר אֶת פָּנֶיךָ מִמֶּנִּי:
3. How long will I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart by day; how long will my enemy have the upper hand over me?       ג. עַד אָנָה אָשִׁית עֵצוֹת בְּנַפְשִׁי יָגוֹן בִּלְבָבִי יוֹמָם עַד אָנָה | יָרוּם אֹיְבִי עָלָי:
4. Look and answer me, O Lord my God; enlighten my eyes lest I sleep the sleep of death.       ד. הַבִּיטָה עֲנֵנִי יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהָי הָאִירָה עֵינַי פֶּן אִישַׁן הַמָּוֶת:
5. Lest my enemy say, "I have overwhelmed him"; my adversaries will rejoice when I totter.       ה. פֶּן יֹאמַר אֹיְבִי יְכָלְתִּיו צָרַי יָגִילוּ כִּי אֶמּוֹט:
6. But I trusted in Your loving-kindness, my heart will rejoice in Your salvation; I will sing to the Lord for He has bestowed [it] upon me.       ו. וַאֲנִי | בְּחַסְדְּךָ בָטַחְתִּי יָגֵל לִבִּי בִּישׁוּעָתֶךָ אָשִׁירָה לַיהֹוָה כִּי גָמַל עָלָי:
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »
Tehillim 142

1. A maskil of David, when he was in the cave, a prayer.       א. מַשְׂכִּיל לְדָוִד בִּהְיוֹתוֹ בַמְּעָרָה תְפִלָּה:
2. [With] my voice, I cry out to the Lord; [with] my voice, I supplicate the Lord.       ב. קוֹלִי אֶל יְהֹוָה אֶזְעָק קוֹלִי אֶל יְהֹוָה אֶתְחַנָּן:
3. I pour out before Him my speech; my distress I recite before Him.       ג. אֶשְׁפֹּךְ לְפָנָיו שִׂיחִי צָרָתִי לְפָנָיו אַגִּיד:
4. When my spirit enwraps itself upon me, and You know my path. In whichever way I go, they have hidden a snare for me.       ד. בְּהִתְעַטֵּף עָלַי | רוּחִי וְאַתָּה יָדַעְתָּ נְתִיבָתִי בְּאֹרַח זוּ אֲהַלֵּךְ טָמְנוּ פַח לִי:
5. Looking to the right, I see that no one recognizes me; escape is lost from me; no one seeks my soul.       ה. הַבֵּיט יָמִין | וּרְאֵה וְאֵין לִי מַכִּיר אָבַד מָנוֹס מִמֶּנִּי אֵין דּוֹרֵשׁ לְנַפְשִׁי:
6. I cried out to You, O Lord; I said, "You are my refuge, my lot in the land of the living."       ו. זָעַקְתִּי אֵלֶיךָ יְהֹוָה אָמַרְתִּי אַתָּה מַחְסִּי חֶלְקִי בְּאֶרֶץ הַחַיִּים:
7. Hearken to my cry for I have become very low; save me from my pursuers for they have overpowered me.       ז. הַקְשִׁיבָה | אֶל רִנָּתִי כִּי דַלּוֹתִי מְאֹד הַצִּילֵנִי מֵרֹדְפַי כִּי אָמְצוּ מִמֶּנִּי:
8. Take my soul out of confinement to give thanks to Your name; because of me the righteous will crown You, because You will recompense me.       ח. הוֹצִיאָה מִמַּסְגֵּר | נַפְשִׁי לְהוֹדוֹת אֶת שְׁמֶךָ בִּי יַכְתִּרוּ צַדִּיקִים כִּי תִגְמֹל עָלָי:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 04:09:15 PM »
Tehillim 130

1. A song of ascents. From the depths I have called You, O Lord.       א. שִׁיר הַמַּעֲלוֹת מִמַּעֲמַקִּים קְרָאתִיךָ יְהֹוָה:
2. O Lord, hearken to my voice; may Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.       ב. אֲדֹנָי שִׁמְעָה בְקוֹלִי תִּהְיֶינָה אָזְנֶיךָ קַשֻּׁבוֹת לְקוֹל תַּחֲנוּנָי:
3. O God, if You keep [a record of] iniquities, O Lord, who will stand?       ג. אִם עֲו‍ֹנוֹת תִּשְׁמָר יָהּ אֲדֹנָי מִי יַעֲמֹד:
4. For forgiveness is with You, in order that You be feared.       ד. כִּי עִמְּךָ הַסְּלִיחָה לְמַעַן תִּוָּרֵא:
5. I hoped, O Lord; yea, my soul hoped, and I wait for His word.       ה. קִוִּיתִי יְהֹוָה קִוְּתָה נַפְשִׁי וְלִדְבָרוֹ הוֹחָלְתִּי:
6. My soul is to the Lord among those who await the morning, those who await the morning.       ו. נַפְשִׁי לַאדֹנָי מִשֹּׁמְרִים לַבֹּקֶר שֹׁמְרִים לַבֹּקֶר:
7. Israel, hope to the Lord, for kindness is with the Lord and much redemption is with Him.       ז. יַחֵל יִשְׂרָאֵל אֶל יְהֹוָה כִּי עִם יְהֹוָה הַחֶסֶד וְהַרְבֵּה עִמּוֹ פְדוּת:
8. And He will redeem Israel from all their iniquities.       ח. וְהוּא יִפְדֶּה אֶת יִשְׂרָאֵל מִכֹּל עֲוֹנוֹתָיו:

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 04:12:45 PM »
Tehillim 121

1. A song for ascents. I shall raise my eyes to the mountains, from where will my help come?       א. שִׁיר לַמַּעֲלוֹת אֶשָּׂא עֵינַי אֶל הֶהָרִים מֵאַיִן יָבֹא עֶזְרִי:
2. My help is from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.       ב. עֶזְרִי מֵעִם יְהֹוָה עֹשֵׂה שָׁמַיִם וָאָרֶץ:
3. He will not allow your foot to falter; Your Guardian will not slumber.       ג. אַל יִתֵּן לַמּוֹט רַגְלֶךָ אַל יָנוּם שֹׁמְרֶךָ:
4. Behold the Guardian of Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.       ד. הִנֵּה לֹא יָנוּם וְלֹא יִישָׁן שׁוֹמֵר יִשְׂרָאֵל:
5. The Lord is your Guardian; the Lord is your shadow; [He is] by your right hand.       ה. יְהֹוָה שֹׁמְרֶךָ יְהֹוָה צִלְּךָ עַל יַד יְמִינֶךָ:
6. By day, the sun will not smite you, nor will the moon at night.       ו. יוֹמָם הַשֶּׁמֶשׁ לֹא יַכֶּכָּה וְיָרֵחַ בַּלָּיְלָה:
7. The Lord will guard you from all evil; He will guard your soul.       ז. יְהֹוָה יִשְׁמָרְךָ מִכָּל רָע יִשְׁמֹר אֶת נַפְשֶׁךָ:
8. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from now and to eternity.       ח. יְהֹוָה יִשְׁמָר צֵאתְךָ וּבוֹאֶךָ מֵעַתָּה וְעַד עוֹלָם:

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »
Picture of the Three Kidnapped Yeshiva Bochrim and Names for Tehillim, One of the Missing is American Citzen !function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); (Friday, June 13th, 2014) An official says one of the three teens presumed kidnapped in Israel is an American citizen. The official, who is familiar with the investigation, said Friday that the U.S. Ambassador Dan Shapiro was notified that the teen was missing. The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he wasn’t authorized to publicly brief journalists about the matter. Israeli soldiers searched the area on Friday to find three missing Israeli teenagers after one called police claiming they had been kidnapped. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu blamed the Palestinian Authority for their disappearance without elaborating, saying he held the government responsible for their safety. Palestinian authorities could not be reached for comment and no one immediately claimed responsibility for the teens’ possible abduction. Names for Tehillim: 1. Yaakov Naftali ben Rachel Devorah 2. Gilad Michael ben Bat Galim 3. Eyal ben Iris Teshurah - See more at: http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/239653/picture-of-the-three-kidnapped-bachrim-and-names-for-tehillim.html#sthash.MMKTXZu8.dpuf
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.