Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Senior JTFer
Shalom
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:54:29 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:37:18 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: "Market Judaism, Not Just Israel"
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 12:44:54 AM »
I thought this was going to be about Israel's Tourism Ministry ads. Rather than target homosexual "tourism" or Xtian tourism, they should advertise in a way that is appealing to religious Jews. Most mainstream tour guide books and pamphlets are-self hating. Since I am familiar with Israel, I don't rely on Bolshevik publications when I go there. You can find better information on the Internet than from Israeli Tourism Ministry publications.

Also, the Israeli Tourism Ministry learned nothing from the Sin of the Spies. Their emblem encourages people that say "It's a nice place to visit live but I don't want to live there.". Why would they have an emblem that glorifies people who brought back a slanderous report of the Land?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 01:34:15 AM »
Young Christians are just as godless and left-wing.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 09:45:01 AM »
I wonder where they get all these numbers from? I have a feeling there is more Jews in the United States  than the numbers show...How would we go from 4 million in America in 1930 to only 5-6 million in 2014 when the population should have tripled. I am guessing once families assimilate they are done and it is almost impossible to get them to return to Judaism.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 04:52:03 PM »
I wonder where they get all these numbers from? I have a feeling there is more Jews in the United States  than the numbers show...How would we go from 4 million in America in 1930 to only 5-6 million in 2014 when the population should have tripled. I am guessing once families assimilate they are done and it is almost impossible to get them to return to Judaism.

Assimilation + Low birth rate  (Few children).
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »

I remember hearing that there were 6 million American Jews and 6 million people in Israel (including Arabs). I doubt there are 6 million American Jews. It's probably around 4 million. The people that do the polls don't take Halacha into account when determining the count of the Jewish population. Only Orthodox Jews grow and are probably close to the majority. There might be more adherents to Deform "Judaism" but at least half of them are not Jewish since most of them intermarry.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 02:33:28 AM »

I remember hearing that there were 6 million American Jews and 6 million people in Israel (including Arabs). I doubt there are 6 million American Jews. It's probably around 4 million. The people that do the polls don't take Halacha into account when determining the count of the Jewish population. Only Orthodox Jews grow and are probably close to the majority. There might be more adherents to Deform "Judaism" but at least half of them are not Jewish since most of them intermarry.

No there are 6 million Jews in Israel and 2 million Arabs (maybe less jews considering soviet goyim). Also there was Jews who came to America after the Soviet Union and there are  Israelis in America who came looking for work in the 80s. There are also people who don't take their own halacha into account and don't consider themselves Jewish when they have a Jewish mother and Jewish grandmother because they don't even realize it makes them 100% Jews and i'm sure there are many like this (I know 2 personally who didn't even consider themselves Jewish)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 05:50:28 AM »
I agree with Binyamin Yisrael that there is a lot of people who are not really Jewish who are under the false impression that they are Jewish, because they are unaware or unwilling to accept that a non-Orthodox conversion to Judaism doesn't really change someone's status. Namely, he or she remains non-Jewish.
I don't know the exact percentages of self-declared Jews who are phonies.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 02:08:50 PM »
No there are 6 million Jews in Israel and 2 million Arabs (maybe less jews considering soviet goyim). Also there was Jews who came to America after the Soviet Union and there are  Israelis in America who came looking for work in the 80s. There are also people who don't take their own halacha into account and don't consider themselves Jewish when they have a Jewish mother and Jewish grandmother because they don't even realize it makes them 100% Jews and i'm sure there are many like this (I know 2 personally who didn't even consider themselves Jewish)

What I wrote is what I heard probably in the Late 1990's.