Author Topic: Why is it wrong to call black people negro or colored?  (Read 1369 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Why is it wrong to call black people negro or colored?
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »
When I was a kid a that is what they were called then they became Afro-Americans then blacks now African-Americans.
Can't they make up their minds what they are?

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Re: Why is it wrong to call black people negro or colored?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:13:29 AM »
As R.Avigdor Miller used to say: "We should be grateful to Hashem for not being under the chagrin of being of the pigmented nations!"

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 10:01:42 AM »
I suppose that because at one point they went through the hard times of slavery and have an inferior complex from it, they developed a sense of self pride to get out of that inferiority complex by being distinct and therefore not labeled by a color, but by a continent.

I understand them.  I wish Jews had self pride like blacks, I mean, African Americans.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »
there should be nothing wrong with it. Its just the color black from Latin.

just like how "albus" is Latin for white.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 10:05:34 AM »
I suppose that because at one point they went through the hard times of slavery and have an inferior complex from it, they developed a sense of self pride to get out of that inferiority complex by being distinct and therefore not labeled by a color, but by a continent.

I understand them.  I wish Jews had self pride like blacks, I mean, African Americans.

Most of them couldn't find Africa on a map

And an oddly surprising number are deluded that North Africa (Morocco) was black and they are Moors -_-

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »

And an oddly surprising number are deluded that North Africa (Morocco) was black and they are Moors -_-
Not only that most of them never set foot in Africa.
Real Africans laugh at them.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »

Well it's a big continent of which blacks, whites, and arabs live.  And blacks within Africa all have different nationalities and ethnic traits that differ from each other much like whites from different parts have different nationalities and ethnic traits.

The thing is, Black Americans have no clue their ancestors came from within Africa, so how can they be held to a standard to call themselves Ivory Coast and Ghana Americans or Liberian Americans?  And many Blacks are have had illegitimate children so nobody knows where he came from and who they came from.  The reality is that they are Americans who are black skinned.  And most whites are not just white Americans..they will know that they are French or half English or Jewish or German-Irish etc etc..Because many white Americans are not from illegitimate families, they know where they came from, and none of them were sold as slaves.

It's a sad situation what happened to blacks..but it's also sad what happened to Jews and other peoples where made slaves or victimized and killed.  At least most non-blacks have climbed out of that inferiority and made something of themselves.  Most black Americans haven't..and it's their own fault.  And most Jews have an inferiority complex and feel guilty about everything.

The Black Americans are trying to set themselves aside as different because they have self pride with an inferiority complex. So many things they do, like Kwanzaa and rap noise make them look silly to normal people.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »
I would call them n!ggers. I don't care. Also, why is it prohibited to use this word on the forum?
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »
Because they are ashamed to be black & why wouldn't they be?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 04:44:42 PM »
It is not... But the word used by YS2JOBBIK is an insulting and offensive word, and that is probably why it is prohibited on the forum.

There are acceptable and unacceptable ways to refer to Jews... The K word, 'dirty jew', 'christ killer', etc. are all derogatory terms against Jews. So too the N word is a derogatory term.

But black and negro are not derogatory terms. colored is an incorrect term because skin color among various people is different, so we are all 'colored'. Indians are 'colored' and so are Mizrachi Jews...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 04:57:16 PM »
It is not... But the word used by YS2JOBBIK is an insulting and offensive word, and that is probably why it is prohibited on the forum.

There are acceptable and unacceptable ways to refer to Jews... The K word, 'dirty jew', 'christ killer', etc. are all derogatory terms against Jews. So too the N word is a derogatory term.

But black and negro are not derogatory terms.

How is it derogatory to call black savages "n!ggers"? Even K word is permitted on the forum.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »
How is it derogatory to call black savages "n!ggers"? Even K word is permitted on the forum.

I am against the use of the K word here on the forum. We have (over the past few years) discussed this issue.

The K word is a derogatory term used by non-Jews against Jews. I have posted the origin of this word. While I know that Jews here use it to refer to 'self-hating' Jews that use only makes sense if you are already a JTF reader. Most non Jews who see us using that word laugh at us because the term doesn't only refer to self-hating Jews but all Jews. So when we use the term we are denigrating ourselves also.

I don't know how you can think that it is not derogatory to use the N word. The origins of the word come from the day of the slave trade. JTF does not benefit from having the racist tag associated with it. I am not a racist and most Jews should not be racists because we believe that ALL human life is sacred, even those which are not Jewish, even those which are not our 'race'.

While I am all for fighting against enemies and destroying them, I do not believe that all colored or black people are our enemies. While it is true there are a great number who are many JTF members here have related stories of righteous black people in their communities who contribute and learn Torah.

It is ok to denigrate all that is evil in black culture so long as we are not doing so in the purpose of making ourselves superior. When we rebuke the black culture it should be with the intention of turning them away from the evil which they do. Evil is evil whether it is perpetrated by blacks, whites, or reds or blues (no matter what color the skin is, evil is evil).

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 06:49:03 PM »

It's clearly derogatory.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 01:29:39 PM »
It's not wrong, at least it wasn't in the past, even the President of the United States used the words negro and colored.  But the fact is that many blacks are apparently self-conscious about the way they look, and so every time they are called what they are it produces a negative reaction.  This is why throughout history they have changed the name that they want to be called.  It used to be negro, then colored, then black--my grandma doesn't even know what to call them anymore it's changed so many times.  Now it's supposedly not ok to say "black" but only African American.  It's the same idea with midgets, who are also self-conscious about the way they look.  Therefore, just as with blacks, the proper name to call them has changed throughout the years.  It went from midget to dwarf to little people.

Now some people will say that the reason for this name-change phenomenon is because blacks were oppressed, but the proof that this is false is that blacks were not called "colored" while they were oppressed and they still don't like the word, and also Jews were more oppressed than blacks, and Jews never told people to stop calling them Jews.

Now it has got to the point that whites are being given classes in college to "check their privilege", however the sane thing to do would be to create classes for blacks where they can "check their inferiority complex".

Negro and colored are debatably offensive, but whether they are or not, the other one's like saying "whitey", it's just offensive.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 02:10:12 PM »
When I was a kid a that is what they were called then they became Afro-Americans then blacks now African-Americans.
Can't they make up their minds what they are?
Well, when I was a kid we called them some other names none of which sadly are mentioned in this thread  :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2014, 02:46:57 PM »
Well, when I was a kid we called them some other names none of which sadly are mentioned in this thread  :::D
I know like jigabous & speer chuckers

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
The British police describe a person's ethnicity by an "IC Code" (= "Identity Code")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IC_code

IC1 – White person, northern European/northern America type
IC2 – Mediterranean European/Hispanic
IC3 – African/Afro-Caribbean person
IC4 – Indian, Pakistani, Nepalese, Maldivian, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, or any other (South) Asian person
IC5 – Chinese, Japanese, or South-East Asian person
IC6 – Middle Eastern, Arabic or Maghreb person
IC0, IC7 or IC9 – Origin unknown

Thus a Negroe is an "IC3"!

Learn it.

Memorize it.

Believe it!

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 09:07:22 AM »
That is one ugly IC3!

What a smelly IC3!
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774