Author Topic: Besides R. Ovadia Yosef What Other Rabbis Supported the Release of this Killer?  (Read 417 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/182079#.U6hhT5SSw1I

'Death Sentence Would Have Prevented My Husband's Murder'

Hadas Mizrahi, whose husband was murdered by a terrorist freed in Shalit deal, says terrorists should face death.

By Ido Ben Porat, Gil Ronen
First Publish: 6/23/2014, 8:14 PM

Hadas Mizrahi, the widow of Col. Baruch Mizrahi, who was murdered in a terrorist ambush on Passover eve, intends to fight to have the murderer sentenced to death. The murderer was serving a sentence in an Israeli jail but was freed in 2011 as part of the Shalit deal. If he had been executed, she said, he could not have been freed and could not have murdered her husband.

"Had they not had a bargaining chip, and had they not known that they can be freed – Baruch would have been alive,” Mizrahi told IDF Radio Monday. “A death sentence is the solution and we would like to hope that the state of Israel will give terrorists death sentences, not a prison sentence that is a five-star hotel and not a university for training for the next terror attacks.”

Mizrahi also demanded that no terrorists be freed in return for the freedom of the three teenagers abducted 11 days ago. “They need to be freed regardless of the terrorists, and I am full of hope that they will be freed,” she stated.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said earlier Monday that the state intends to demolish the home of the terrorist who murdered Mizrahi. “I wish to commend the Israel Security Agency, the IDF and the Israel Police for the quick solution of the murder of the police officer Baruch Mizrahi of blessed memory,” he said.

"I have given instructions to tear down the home of the terrorist. He is a Hamas operative and that is part of the effort that we make to fight Hamas.”

The terrorist, Ziyad Awad, was arrested a month ago by Yamam special forces, along with his 18-year-old son in Tarkumiya, a village to the north west of Hevron.

The Israel Security Agency (ISA or Shin Bet) announced that investigations revealed Awad had obtained a motorcycle and Kalashnikov rifle so as to commit the terror attack. He arrived in the Hevron area outside Kiryat Arba where the shooting occurred a week in advance to plan where he would stand while shooting, to collect information and scout the area.

Mizrahi was driving to Kiryat Arba for a Passover seder meal with his pregnant wife and three of his children when the terrorist opened fire on the family car. He served as head of the Technology Division in the Sigint Unit, part of the Intelligence Brigade in the Investigations and Intelligence Branch of the police.

After the attack, Awad reportedly told his son Iz-a-Din that his motive for murdering Mizrahi was religious, and that "according to the religion of Islam, everyone who kills Jews goes to paradise."

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I am not familiar with this.... How did Rabbi Ovadia support the release? I am looking into this..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I am not familiar with this.... How did Rabbi Ovadia support the release? I am looking into this..

Ok, I must have missed it. I apologize..

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/rav-ovadia-yosef-holds-in-his-hands-the-fate-of-israels-attack-on-iran/2012/08/21/

In the last stages of the operation before the release of Gilad Shalit, Rav Ovadia’s approval was necessary to complete the list of prisoners to be freed. After the list was complete and Hamas had submitted their list of prisoners to released “without which there is no deal,” the name of Salah Hamouri, a terrorist that had planned to assassinate Rav Ovadia Yosef, appeared on the list. He had been indicted and sentenced to 15 years in prison, but had only served 7 years of his sentence.

Israeli security personnel realized that, in this case, the strong opposition of Rav Ovadia could undermine the entire deal. They decided to send Yoram Cohen, Secret Service commander to the Rav’s house. Cohen had a good relationship with the Rev for many years and the Rav admired him. However, in contrast with previous instances, the Rav refused to release the prisoner due to reasons not connected to him personally.

Utimately, the person who succeeded in getting the Rav’s approval was French ambassador Christof Bigot, one of the most active behind-the-scenes negotiators. During his tenure in Israel, he enjoyed a very warm relationship with the leaders of the Shas party.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14