Author Topic: Shalom  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Shalom
« on: June 23, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
Shalom
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:41:35 PM by Dan Ben Noah »
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Forcing people to pay for water (you can't live without it) is vile.
I only wish it on my enemies who I don't want to exist.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
You are not just paying for the water, you are paying for the service, which includes sewage.
Why can't that be put on income tax?
Does America have private water companies or does the government control the  prices?
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Forcing people to pay for water (you can't live without it) is vile.
I only wish it on my enemies who I don't want to exist.
You are joking?

Everyone has to pay for water, unless you go get It from the river yourself and purify It.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
You are joking?

Everyone has to pay for water, unless you go get It from the river yourself and purify It.
You Americans just bend over and take it, I mean really any BS tax can be imposed on you & you'll pay it.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

• Silver Star JTF Member
You Americans just bend over and take it, I mean really any tax BS can be imposed on you & you'll pay it.
I agree.

We pay the county or city.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
I agree.

We pay the county or city.
Is there any protests with new unjust tax's imposed or no resistance. Just curious.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
The water and sewage service is provided by the city and you pay the city directly for it.  Where I live the bill also covers trash removal.  The service is not going to be free, someone is going to have to pay for it.  And it is not the role of government to provide these services for free.
Oh and why isn't it?
Drinking water is a human right is it not?
Rabbi Meir Kahane

• Silver Star JTF Member
You can have a well, but it might not be safe.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
I think you have it backwards.  In Ireland apparently it is the taxpayers who pay for everyone's water (if taxes pay for water services) instead of the individual paying only for themselves. In other words, socialized water.
Yes we have some of that "socialized water".
But I'm not talking about Ireland, I'm talking about America.
Why do you think it's a good thing for people to have to pay for their water?
What happens if they can't afford it, let them die of thirst?
It's different if it's not life threatening which is why I say that drinking water is a human right.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: Detroit "residents" "can't pay" their water bill -- call in the U.N.!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
Yes but you also need food to survive and it is not the government's role to give you free food (unless you are Obama's food stamp administration).  The government's role is mainly to protect people's lives and property from various threats such as crime as well as defending the country from outside threats.
It's different with food, you can shop around for different prices. With set water prices you can't.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 07:33:48 PM »
Yes we have some of that "socialized water".
But I'm not talking about Ireland, I'm talking about America.
Why do you think it's a good thing for people to have to pay for their water?
What happens if they can't afford it, let them die of thirst?
It's different if it's not life threatening which is why I say that drinking water is a human right.
Yes. They need to figure it out on their own. You can get water. .. like I said wells, lakes, rivers, rain. If it's really bad go to the a rest stop or gas station and fill your jugs.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 07:39:13 PM »
We also vote on our city tax.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 07:40:23 PM »
Well the people in Detroit who are not paying their water bills are not dying of thirst.  They already must either own land or rent apartments in order to have a water service in the first place.  If this is the case, they must have some money.  If they are dying of thirst they must be pretty poor stewards of that money--for example they may be dehydrated from too much booze, but that's not the taxpayer's fault.  If they really need water, there are plenty of public places with drinking fountains like libraries, or they could find a natural body of water or a friend who will give them something or a homeless shelter.
I know most of these are welfare bums who can afford to pay for water but why can't you see that taxing a basic human right is immoral?
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 07:42:28 PM »
We also vote on our city tax.
Don't give me that crap!
Waste of a vote if you ask me, one way or the other you'll be paying more tax.
:::D
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2014, 08:06:16 PM »
It's about how it's paid for--either each individual pays for his own, or a few taxpayers pay for everyone.  Our system is still the individual paying for his own.  Your system is a few taxpayers paying for everyone, which is the same thing that is happening here with health care--liberals say health care is a human right, which it is not, the government does not owe you health care.  Similarly it is up to the individual to pay for his own water services and not the government or the U.N.
I'm not talking about healthcare, I'm taking about something you cannot live without.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2014, 08:16:01 PM »
I'm not talking about healthcare, I'm taking about something you cannot live without.
You can get water anywhere.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 05:24:40 AM »
You can get water anywhere.
I'm talking about clean drinking water.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 05:30:18 AM »
It still has to be paid for some way.  So it's better for each individual household to pay for its share than a few tax payers paying for everyone.  This should apply to water, food, health care, any product that costs money.
Tell me this, if the air you breath had a charge on it would you bend over & pay that also?
The rational they would say is well look we're charging factories too much money to keep their pollution down.
Why can't the people who are breathing this clean air pay their way too?
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 08:47:52 AM »
Irish Zionist: Would you pay for the air you breath?
Dan Ben Noah: Yes
 :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »
Many of these residents live solely off fruity sodas and cokes and probably have never drank water directly in their life. Also, I bet a lot of people's government checks, subsidies and drug money will start showing up to pay their water bills or they just mooch off their neighbors  or walk into gas stations and say gibs me water and grab whatever they please. Nobody is going to die from their water being cut off.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 11:20:02 AM »
Many of these residents live solely off fruity sodas and cokes and probably have never drank water directly in their life. Also, I bet a lot of people's government checks, subsidies and drug money will start showing up to pay their water bills or they just mooch off their neighbors  or walk into gas stations and say gibs me water and grab whatever they please. Nobody is going to die from their water being cut off.
So only blacks live in Detroit?
Is that what you're saying?
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 11:49:36 AM »
In the US if you are a renter you don't pay for water.
Only homeowners pay for water in the US.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 02:21:42 PM »
I am not sure on which side I am on this argument. One thing I know is that I will not favor letting fellow citizens to die of thirst and hunger over principles. Whatever system we set, it must take care of those who truly provide for themselves. Technically speaking even without water supply to their homes these people will not lose all access to drinking water. They will just need to get them from public taps or buy water in tanker etc. Maybe they could shower in public showers and bath houses too. People used to live like that not so long ago. I do believe that water provision for poor people should be subsidized though. Maybe people who can't pay or refuse to pay should receive less water by cutting off supply for part of the day or setting a maximum daily quota.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 03:00:57 PM »
Yes if there was a service involved in breathing but there is not so air is free.  However people who need special oxygen tanks don't get them for free.  Water is also free if you drink it straight out of a natural body of water.  But even the water you get is not free, someone is paying for it, it's just done by the taxpayers as a whole instead of the individual.

I have been saying for years that if the quality of air continues to decline eventually some smart guy will start bottling clean air and selling it...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14