Author Topic: Why do we have members who always threaten to leave?  (Read 6363 times)

ftf

Re: Why do we have members who always threaten to leave?
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 09:21:20 PM »
Why say some when you mean me?

I shouldn't have made such a fuss about newman, I guess I let it get to me more than I should hvae when he called me an idol worshipping drek and told me to deleted off.

Anyway, it's 2:22 am, so goodnight.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »
newman deserves to be a mod more than two of our current mods.

newman doesn't want to be a mod though.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 09:23:58 PM »
I said some because I thought there might be some other than you who wanted to leave or who were disappointed with newman's being made a moderator, namely Scriabin.

I just saw some posts you made in the Queen's college and how you threatened to leave again.

Look, if you don't see what the point of this forum is and what it can accomplish and you don't see the purpose of JTfFand you have better things to do with your time, no one is forcing you to stay.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »
Right, the reason why we didn't mention you specifically is because scriabin who is another mod threatens to leave everyday also.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2007, 10:01:53 PM »
Focus on the REAL ISSUES.

No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 10:12:42 PM »
There are two members of this forum in positions of authority who always threaten to leave upon hearing a whisper they don't like. I was wondering why they are treated like royalty by JTF when they are as loyal as a cat? We also have great members who are constantly attacked but would never threaten to leave because they know the cause is too important. I am sure most of you know who I am referring to in both examples.
Hey, don't diss cats, dude! I have several of them and some of them are actually quite sweet.  ;)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 10:15:48 PM »
FTF is still a kid (17?). He has a lot to learn. I do not like his constant threats but let's give him a break.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 12:32:18 AM »
Cosmokramer is right. I think this thread, whether meaning so or not, is divisive and hurts us.

While I do not like threats of any nature, we have to be patient and kind with one another. We all have our issues.

Let's focus on the real enemies and stick together. Every family has it's difficulties and it's ok to talk about it to an extent... but we should be kind to our own like the Torah commands us. Showing respect to each other is necessary if we are to become a mass movement.

Let's remain unified and effective and show respect to our fellow moderators.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 12:35:47 AM »
jeffguy, I only started this thread because it is unhealthy to have two mods threatening to leave anytime some breaths the wrong way. We must address these issues and take them seriously. Once a person makes a threat like that, how can they be taken  seriously and given a position of authority in the org?
I am urinating on a Koran.

newman

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 12:43:35 AM »
A BIG, outback, Aussie 'thankyou' to ALL of you who have stood by me at JTF. :'( I'm genuinely touched.

For the record, I'm only bothered by criticism of those I respect. The girlie-men can cry and hiss all they like. I'm not bothered in the least.

Thanks again to all my supporters whom I can't name individually 'coz I'd be typing all bloomin' night. ;)

To my 2 or 3 pea-hearted, tutu-wearing critics...............

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:03:18 AM by newman »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 12:54:50 AM »
Scriabin who is a mod threatens to leave everyday also.

Yes, indeed.   ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:59:31 AM by Scriabin »

Joe Schmo

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 12:55:53 AM »

So very true.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2007, 01:01:28 AM »

So very true.
Let's ALL Try to get along for the good of the cause...

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 02:04:27 AM »
Remember that even evil people can win if they have unity. G-d stopped the building of the Tower of Babel by changing their languages and interrupting their unity. Unity is so important that it can make or break a business, organization, family, or even JTF. This is shown in so many places through-out the Bible.

I hate saying anything because I care so deeply about each and every one of you. We need to work on our unity... every business book on the shelf will tell you that if your business has unity, then you can have a terrible product and still become a huge success. G-d tells the Jewish people to have unity for a very real reason and forbids lashon horah (evil speech against one another).

Let's work on this so we can spend more time on ideas to promote the forum and turn this thing into a huge mass movement.

The goal... don't forget the goal. We should be excited... this is history in the making and you are all on ground level!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Joe Schmo

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2007, 02:05:59 AM »
Remember that even evil people can win if they have unity. G-d stopped the building of the Tower of Babel by changing their languages and interrupting their unity. Unity is so important that it can make or break a business, organization, family, or even JTF. This is shown in so many places through-out the Bible.

I hate saying anything because I care so deeply about each and every one of you. We need to work on our unity... every business book on the shelf will tell you that if your business has unity, then you can have a terrible product and still become a huge success. G-d tells the Jewish people to have unity for a very real reason and forbids lashon horah (evil speech against one another).

Let's work on this so we can spend more time on ideas to promote the forum and turn this thing into a huge mass movement.

The goal... don't forget the goal. We should be excited... this is history in the making and you are all on ground level!

Absolutely.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2007, 03:43:34 AM »
I only recall this during the FruitOfThyLoin controversy and possibly the the one with Allen.  With the first situation, there were clear differences among JTF supporters over how to resolve that conflict.  Some felt that depending on how it was going to get handled, it would make it appear as if JTF condoned it. 

Based on first post in this thread, it sounds like immaturity.  However, more information about the situation would need to be known.

ftf

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 05:07:10 AM »
I personally think it would be better if we try and put things behind us and move on, therefore I will be locking this thread, if any moderator or admin disagrees with me feel free to unlock it again, I won't be (too) upset.