Author Topic: World cup  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
World cup
« on: July 01, 2014, 05:54:15 PM »
Is there anyone here interested in watching the World Cup soccer tournament?

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
Re: World cup
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:29:06 PM »
I am. Just watched a fantastic Belgium - USA game.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:16:00 PM »
I am. Just watched a fantastic Belgium - USA game.

What's fantastic about it? We lost.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:18:58 PM »
Are you kidding me?! Did you watch it? Do you know what were the odds of US winning against the Belgium?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »

It's fantastic in that all 3 goals were scored in overtime. It said a lot of records were broken and the first time in xx years that certain things happened.

I had the game on and listened while I was on the computer. I guess it's boring to sit in front of the TV for all that time with no breaks. But I watched towards the end.

I remember in 2002 hearing about the Mexicans in Mexico City were upset that the gringos beat them in the same round as this game. I didn't see it because I was in the dorms at Hebrew University but I saw the US loose the next round against Germany at my grandparents house (Probably I was there on Friday for the weekend.).

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:04 PM »
Who hear is old enough to remember the World Cup in the US 20 years ago? Many things are 20 years ago this year. The Nancy Kerrigan story/1994 Winter Olympics, OJ Simpson (YM"S), World Cup in the US, and the baseball strike.

I remember when the World Cup was in the US and that's probably the first time I ever knew about the World Cup unless I heard something about it but I don't remember the 1990 World Cup at all.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »
I find it boring to watch other people play a game. I know one of my friends was very upset that Mexico lost and was out of the World Cup. I wish more people would root for the USA if they live here if they're going to root for any team at all.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »
I find it boring to watch other people play a game. I know one of my friends was very upset that Mexico lost and was out of the World Cup. I wish more people would root for the USA if they live here if they're going to root for any team at all.
I find this game, at this level, exciting and exhilarating. Now, I agree that Americans should root for USA and, most of them do.  However people also have favorites for other national teams mostly due to 2 causes: 1) national origin. No doubt, and it is quite natural, Mexican-Americans and French-Americans are going to cheer their national team. 2) For the love of the game - simply enjoying and appreciating the style, the technique and the heart with which a particular team plays. Hence, many people are a cheering for Brazil or Germany or Dutch or Chili.

As for myself, I was rooting for USA and Italy. Both are out, so I will simply enjoy the game, perhaps leaning a bit more towards Netherlands or Germany. I tell you, this Friday match between Germany and France is going to be much more than a soccer game. It will be a national and world event. You have to travel outside of US to appreciate the enormous popularity of football/soccer.

We could only hope that Israel will make it to the next world cup. I tell, you, ayrabs will go crazy and and their birth rate, at least for a month, will drastically drop. :laugh:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 11:10:28 PM »
Germany? Jews and Righteous Gentiles should always root against Germany.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 11:25:32 PM »
Germany? Jews and Righteous Gentiles should always root against Germany.
Yeah, okay, thank you for letting me know about this. I guess I am going to sell my car now and, while at it, Israel should probably throw away their submarines, tank engines and tank canons. And while at it, don't forget to boo USA team as their coach is German, a top scorer, in fact.
Don't bring politics into this thread.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 11:38:09 PM »
Who hear is old enough to remember the World Cup in the US 20 years ago? Many things are 20 years ago this year. The Nancy Kerrigan story/1994 Winter Olympics, OJ Simpson (YM"S), World Cup in the US, and the baseball strike.

I remember when the World Cup was in the US and that's probably the first time I ever knew about the World Cup unless I heard something about it but I don't remember the 1990 World Cup at all.

The first World Cup I recall watching at least part of was the 1978 event in which Argentina won the World Cup.   In those days and for a number of World Cup's later,  most of the matches shown on TV in the U.S. were only shown on a Spanish Language TV station.  While I don't speak Spanish,  I actually enjoyed watching the World Cup with the Spanish announcers.    In the few matches they had in English,   they would show commercials during the actual match.  Hence,  people would miss many minutes of the match.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 11:44:29 PM »
Are you kidding me?! Did you watch it? Do you know what were the odds of US winning against the Belgium?

One thing I'm confident about is the U.S. doesn't have a player with the skill/ experience combo of Belgium player Lukaku .   He was playing at a different speed than the U.S. players.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »
Holland kicked mexico out of the world cup.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 01:57:22 PM »
Holland kicked mexico out of the world cup.
Great! So, now they're on their way back to the US?
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.