Author Topic: 'Protective Edge' : What is this? A condom or something?  (Read 613 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
'Protective Edge' : What is this? A condom or something?
« on: July 08, 2014, 04:19:02 PM »
This editorial from IsraelNationalNews points out the stupidity of the new name of the operation in Gaza. Ever since I heard 'protective edge' I could only think it must be some new rubber (gotta carry your protective edge with you, you never know)...

If Israel had any brains it would name its operations in a manner meant to terrorize the enemy, to scare him into hiding his ugly face.... But Israel is really, really sick and has to have nice, friendly, and fuzzy names like this...

Stop the insanity already!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs/Message.aspx/5940#.U7xRUXXhNoU

"Protective Edge," What a Nebichy Name for Our Military Campaign

There's no "zing," no "fight to the finish" sound and connotation in the title of Israel's latest military operation "Protective Edge." I've been involved in Public Relations, Marketing, Advertising and Hasbara, Israel's Information Campaign for decades, and I consider "Protective Edge" to be one of the worst titles ever. It sounds like the name of a child-safe razor blade.

It suits that favorite Israeli word "ki'ilu," "sort of."

To have an "edge on" something or someone is not to destroy them the way we should be destroying Arab terrorism. This will just temporarily cut them back a bit, like cutting the weeds, so that from it distance it looks like you have a nice lawn.

The Israel Defense Forces announced after midnight Monday that it has launched a major operation against Hamas in the Gaza Strip. The operation has been given the code name "Operation Protective Edge." Jerusalem Post

We need a clear "war aim."

In the meantime, the reports about Arab missile barrages claiming "no damage" are outright lies. Look at this field, burning up from the Gazan Arab terrorist attack. A family has now lost its income, investment.

This photo was sent to me by a resident of that moshav, which for security reasons will remain nameless.

We must remember that Israeli's in south are in terrible danger with only a maximum of 15 seconds to run to safety. And the Arab terrorists are developing and buying even more dangerous and longer ranging weapon launchers which will expand the number Israelis in their sites, meaning which they can easily target.

We don't need a "protective edge;" we need to destroy our enemies and make them realize that they must stop. They must surrender. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be happening.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: 'Protective Edge' : What is this? A condom or something?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 04:50:40 PM »
It's a complete joke like all of the IDF's "offensives".

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:14:15 PM »
Here, to answer your question, one of the most pathetic "offensive" footages I've seen. Only the clowns in Israel fight this way against the nazi beast! Clearly, the quaranimals were warned off to that this house is going to be blown up. Is this supposed to deter them?!  >:(
But some of the Jews would be actually proud of this farce.   :o

Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 07:22:58 PM »
It sounds better in hebrew: צוק איתן I think the translation should be "Strong Cliff" or "Firm Cliff".