Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS FROM ISRAEL: IDF Launches Ground Operation against Gaza  (Read 928 times)

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/183029#.U8gp4ZTtiuY

Prime Minister's Office issues statement that says IDF has embarked on an operation against Hamas's tunnels.

The Prime Minister's Office has issued a statement that says the IDF has embarked on a ground assault into Gaza against Hamas's tunnels.

The operation is deemed as "limited" and will probably not go further than two or three kilometers into Gaza's territory. This is deemed to be deep enough in enemy land to find the openings into Hamas's attack tunnels, like the one that was used in Thursday morning's infiltration into Israel by 13 terrorists.

Egypt, meanwhile, has issued a statement saying that Hamas is to blame for the possible deaths of hundreds of Gazan civilians. The statement appears to have purposely been issued simultaneously with the statement from the Israeli Prime Minister's Office.

Channel 2's reporters said earlier that the IDF has unleashed a blistering artillery barrage against northern Gaza. They hinted that this type of barrage often precedes a ground invasion.

Also taking part in the shelling were tanks and naval gunboats.

More than 60 Hamas missiles rained down on Israel throughout Thursday, in one of the more intense days of missile fire since Operation Protective Edge was launched.

Hamas appeared more defiant than ever despite attempts to coax it into a ceasefire. As Israel declared a unilateral "humanitarian ceasefire," 13 Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel by tunnel but were discovered and may have escaped back to Gaza through the tunnel.

A man was critically wounded in Ashkelon when got out of his car to run for shelter during a Hamas missile attack and was hit by another car, a television news report said.

According to Channel 2, he was taken to hospital in critical condition Thursday night.

Dror Hanin, 38, a married father of three from Beit Aryeh in the Shomron, was killed Tuesday by a Hamas mortar shell as he gave out gift bags to soldiers at the Erez Crossing near Gaza. He was the first Israeli fatality in the course of Operation Protective Edge, which has been going on for ten days.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
May Hashem permit the IDF to utterly destroy the infra-structure of the enemy, root out the evil, and strike fear into the enemy.

Amen
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Good news. Hamas is an extension of the terrorist muslamic caliphate. So they should be beaten to a pulp for the pigs.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
This was inevitable...what other choice did Israel have?   I had just heard on a conference call that 13 heavily armed terrorists entered through the tunnels in Gaza and near a neighborhood kabutz, sorry If I spelled that wrong.  The Terrorists would have committed another massacre or kidnapped more people if they hadn't been stopped.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
BTW the IDF have improved their Merkava Tanks after the war in Lebanon.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
I won't be suprised if the ground operation doesn't last too long.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
I support Israel in this war against terrorists. I have some objection to the strategy, though. Now, they may have no other alternative than pointing to Gazah, the attacks comes from there. But I still stick to my stance that IDF should have pointed to al-Aqsa first. No need top even destroy it, just closing it to all Arabs would be enough. Israel cannot be credible if they respect the enemy's icons as holy. At least, I hope they complete the operation in Gaza, now that they have started it. And take all Hamas leaders to be executed.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
I support Israel in this war against terrorists. I have some objection to the strategy, though. Now, they may have no other alternative than pointing to Gazah, the attacks comes from there. But I still stick to my stance that IDF should have pointed to al-Aqsa first. No need top even destroy it, just closing it to all Arabs would be enough. Israel cannot be credible if they respect the enemy's icons as holy. At least, I hope they complete the operation in Gaza, now that they have started it. And take all Hamas leaders to be executed.
I think the IDF is looking to slow down or possibly stop some of the rocket attacks coming out of Gazah... Closing the Temple Mount is not a bad idea but it would only be a step in the larger process of gaining some control.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
This was inevitable...what other choice did Israel have?   I had just heard on a conference call that 13 heavily armed terrorists entered through the tunnels in Gaza and near a neighborhood kabutz, sorry If I spelled that wrong.  The Terrorists would have committed another massacre or kidnapped more people if they hadn't been stopped.

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Hamas-planned-wholesale-slaughter-of-Kibbutz-Sufa-members-says-Peres-363222

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
I just heard on the radio that the Iseralis have destoryed some of the tunnels that the muslims use to sneak into Israel to destory and kill Jews.