Author Topic: Liberal family  (Read 445 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Liberal family
« on: July 17, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »
Apparently this person's parenting style is that if your toddler throws a tantrum, you give into it and be "supportive" no matter how ridiculous the demands of the child are.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-menachem/my-son-wears-dresses-and-thats-ok-with-me_b_5578709.html

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Liberal family
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Completely sickening... I have not read the article but just the title makes my stomach churn. It is Jewish halacha to the effect 'spare the rod, spoil the child'.. My parents were not strict disciplinarians, but they did not let us run wild (there were limits which were enforced).

Not surprising that huffpo (which I refuse to ever read) pushed this antisocial article.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 04:47:31 PM »
I suppose if the kid wants to play kick-ball on the freeway the dad would be OK with dat. Or maybe when the kid strikes a match next to a can of gasoline, he will be happy...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »
Why does the dad wear a dress too, is it solidarity or has he gone completely nuts?

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 05:10:35 PM »
I can't believe they're Jewish....

They were dressing up in different outfits -- my daughter treating Asher like her doll, as she tried various dresses, shoes, and headbands on him. And then Sydney told me she wanted me to wear a dress, too -- "Oh my god, it will be so funny."

I said, "No." But she kept begging. I said, "People will laugh at me." She said, "If they do, I'll tell them to go away." And I couldn't argue with that, as I squeezed myself into Carrie's most flexible dress.

These kids are going to be severely messed up when they get into their teenage and adult lives if they expect people to bend to their every whim.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 05:13:46 PM »
Are they Jewish? Mother might be a shikse for all that we know.
I can't believe they're Jewish....