Author Topic: Israeli troops mutiny over their "Zeldas"  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Israeli troops mutiny over their "Zeldas"
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:50:08 PM »

Despite improvements, Israeli troops are refusing to serve in their aluminium hulled 60 year old M113 "Zeldas", calling them 'chipsers' for their inability to withstand RPGs and near-thermite level incineration of the whole crew

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Report-Dozens-of-IDF-reservists-refuse-to-enter-Gaza-368638

desiring instead to be transported in the much better armoured "Namer" APC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namer_APC

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Israeli troops mutiny over their "Zeldas"
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »
Mutiny is kind of strong don't you think? Are you calling them cowards for not wanting to get blown up?

I sure as hell would not want to use equipment that is known not to hold up against the enemies weapons. ..
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 06:35:55 PM »
If there was more 'mutiny' in Zahal, the Moshiach would have come already!

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:42:05 AM »
Under demands from their soldiers, the Israelis are today only sending their Merkava-hulled Namer APCs in to combat.

Looks like there will soon be about 1000 usefully-upgraded M113 Zeldas on the market, probably to go to S.America.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 11:35:13 AM »
I haven't heard of any mutiny I think Yerusha is being nasty and fu.l of himself as usual.
There are also other heavy APCs such as the achzarit which is based on a modified T-55 chassis.

The M113 is indeec unsuitable for modern battlefield. On the other hand the Merkava Tanks with active protection system (trophy or wind jacket) are awesome.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 04:02:14 PM »
IDF shall use more and more of Namer APC, because it is the safest and the best.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.