Author Topic: I got a rare find ...  (Read 2045 times)

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
I got a rare find ...
« on: August 11, 2007, 11:52:25 PM »
I got the 1971 hardcover first printing of R' Kahane's first book "Never Again" in pristine condition. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 11:58:20 PM by jdl4ever »
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

newman

Re: I got a rare find ...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 12:07:54 AM »
I got the 1971 hardcover first printing of R' Kahane's first book "Never Again" in pristine condition. 

That IS a good find! Well done.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 05:23:47 AM »
Should Chaim also write a book?  How difficult was it for Kahane to find a publisher?

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 02:52:08 PM »
I own that also. Do you still have the black, and orange book jacket? I also bought the uncomfortable questions first edition.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 04:23:52 PM »
Cool.  I also have the rare black and orange jacket. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 08:40:15 PM »
Sometimes you can find them on Ebay. They are pretty rare to find with the jacket. I have a small tear in the jacket.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 09:52:46 PM »
I got this one on ebay for dirt cheap.  There are some treasures on ebay. 

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 04:02:51 AM »
Cool jdl4ever.  I have a vintage first printing hard-back copy of The Story of the Jewish Defense League and it's a fantastic read.  It's what got me into Kahnism to begin with.

It was property of the United States Air Force, I don't know how my mom (or dad) got a copy of it but it was in her personal library and I just happened to find it while perusing through my mom's library.  It was a gem of a find.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

raiseyourfist

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 02:22:31 AM »
that must be worth a fortune... 8)

very valuable indeed