Author Topic: Zahal dancing like Blacks  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Zahal dancing like Blacks
« on: July 27, 2014, 07:39:50 AM »
Falashas and Falash Mura were plain Pagan-Xtian Ethiopian Blacks who became somewhat Judaized centuries ago from their contact with Jewish traders, who 150,000 were imported en masse in to Israel in 1985 and 2002, and who after proper geirus have generally been accepted as having been incorporated in to the Am Yisrael.

They still retain some of their Black African traditions, and just like the American White gentile youth have become heavily n-fied, so too have Israeli youth become somewhat 'falashified'!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:50:40 AM by Yerusha »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Zahal dancing like Blacks
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 08:44:33 AM »
But Rav Ovadia says that them and the karaites are Jews.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:16:56 AM »
Only regarding the falashim, no serious rabbi says the falash mura can be considered as Jewss without giyur lechumra. Even Ethiopians Jews [falashim] were among the most vocal opposers to bring the muras into Israe. Not only are they not JEWS, but back in Ethiopia they were among the worst pursuers against Jews.
But Rav Ovadia says that them and the karaites are Jews.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »
Only regarding the falashim, no serious rabbi says the falash mura can be considered as Jewss without giyur lechumra. Even Ethiopians Jews [falashim] were among the most vocal opposers to bring the muras into Israe. Not only are they not JEWS, but back in Ethiopia they were among the worst pursuers against Jews.
Zelhar is 100% correct the Ethiopian Jews opposed bringing non Jews to Israel.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »
What are you talking about? They are not daggering, shucking,jiving or singing about sex  and drugs. And you think white gentiles have a problem with wiggers? Jews do to! In my University, there is a disgusting "Jew" who has tattoos on his face and makes rap "music" which is a big chillul Hashem and a disgrace to the Jewish people.. Other Rich Ashkenazim I have met loved rap noise and materialism and non-jewish black woman!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 01:40:02 PM »
Not seeing any issues here and if a Ethiopian Jew is halachic Jewish what is the issue?

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 06:23:07 PM »
I am not sure what lost tribe it was that I was reading about, that demanded Israeli recognition but whose maternal DNA showed they had more in common with the natives in their land than with Jews today. The paternal DNA was more Jewish... which means that a long time ago, Jewish men intermarried with the local native women and had children that retained some Jewish traditions but were not Jews themselves. Hundreds of years later, they want to have automatic Israeli citizenship and many shun having to do giyur lechumra, as if it's an insult to them and their Jewishness.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 06:42:15 PM »

Do you have any source about this stuff? I never heard that there were two categories...

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 07:00:49 PM »
Not seeing any issues here and if a Ethiopian Jew is halachic Jewish what is the issue?
Me too! G-d bless all these boys! :fist:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
Me too! G-d bless all these boys! :fist:

They're risking their lives to defend Israel, they're bonding with their brothers in arms, and certainly I agree, G-d bless them.

The issues that religious would have are 1. The song might not be kosher, and 2. We're not supposed to be influenced by the culture of other nations.

For number one, it would be a surprise if two people in that video kept shabbat, so I don't think that makes any difference compared to whatever other music they hear from the filth of Western society, and for two, the ratio of Hebrew to Ethiopian songs sung are probably 1000-1, so it could even be a way for a transition of his old culture being absorbed into am Yisrael, which also happened with Russian Jewish and Middle Eastern Jewish songs, so it might even actually be very good.

That being said, there can be many good reasons why religious Jews are not OK with this.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:17:24 AM by LKZ »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 10:15:12 PM »
What are you talking about? They are not daggering, shucking,jiving or singing about sex  and drugs. And you think white gentiles have a problem with wiggers? Jews do to! In my University, there is a disgusting "Jew" who has tattoos on his face and makes rap "music" which is a big chillul Hashem and a disgrace to the Jewish people.. Other Rich Ashkenazim I have met loved rap noise and materialism and non-jewish black woman!

A lot of these so-called black Jews also have tattoos on their foreheads and necks. I especially remember seeing many black women in Israel with it. It seems like primitive native African savagery and doesn't having anything to do with the rap culture that many American blacks belong to. It seems like some tribal African custom.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:44:34 AM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 05:45:11 AM »
Do you have any source about this stuff? I never heard that there were two categories...
Just google 'falash mura'.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »
Ethiopian Jews always get lumped in the same group, some people claim Ethiopian Jews aren't really Jews or that it was a political move but how I see it is it appears many Ethiopian Jews are loyal to Israel and view themselves Jewish, the rabbinite worked to convert many of them and if that is the case and they are halachic Jews, they should be treated as such. They aren't flooding Israel like the Africans from Sudan , there are some fraudulent conversions so Africans can come to Israel but most of the Ethiopians were airlifted and not smuggled into Israel, I think we should differentiate between them and other Africans coming in illegally.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »
Every 5 years or so Israel brings "the last" batch of fake Jews from Ethipia and as soon as their camp is emptied out, it is filled up with a new batch of fake Jews waiting to be sent to Israel. There are Jewish organisations and beurucrat that are happy to keep that process going because it is their parnasa. The last Jews from Ethipia came in 1991 operation Shlomo. Since then appart from possibly indivdual cases it's all falash mura or complete frauds.

Ethiopian Jews always get lumped in the same group, some people claim Ethiopian Jews aren't really Jews or that it was a political move but how I see it is it appears many Ethiopian Jews are loyal to Israel and view themselves Jewish, the rabbinite worked to convert many of them and if that is the case and they are halachic Jews, they should be treated as such. They aren't flooding Israel like the Africans from Sudan , there are some fraudulent conversions so Africans can come to Israel but most of the Ethiopians were airlifted and not smuggled into Israel, I think we should differentiate between them and other Africans coming in illegally.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 02:27:06 PM »
There are Jewish organisations and beurucrat that are happy to keep that process going because it is their parnasa.

As Chaim often says: "The Jew is ALWAYS ready to bend his knee and kiss Black tochuss!"

NACOEJ (North American Conference on Ethiopian Jewry http://www.nacoej.org/ ) is an organisation of Black-worshipping liberal and psedo-modern Orthodox US Jewish activists who are constantly attempting to embarass Israel and make it feel guilty on grounds of "racism" for not allowing the total Negrification of the Medina, and they are the one's always urging for more and more Ethiopian Blacks to be imported.

And after that they will be demanding that the "Lost Tribe" Nigerian Blacks, Zimbabwean Blacks, Kenyan Blacks, Caribbean Blacks, & even US Blacks etc etc. be flewn in by the plane-load.

One reason for this is that 1/3 of those who left Egypt during the Exodus were Hamites who were incorporated in to the Am Yisrael. Many Jews actually have more true Hamite in him than any so-called Afro-American, hence the phenomenon of the Jew's  schvartzer-revering affinity and feelings of schmaltzy unreciprocated kinship!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:43:08 PM by Yerusha »

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 03:58:41 PM »

As Chaim often says: "The Jew is ALWAYS ready to bend his knee and kiss Black tochuss!"

NACOEJ (North American Conference on Ethiopian Jewry http://www.nacoej.org/ ) is an organisation of Black-worshipping liberal and psedo-modern Orthodox US Jewish activists who are constantly attempting to embarrass Israel and make it feel guilty on grounds of "racism" for not allowing the total Negrification of the Medina, and they are the one's always urging for more and more Ethiopian Blacks to be imported.

And after that they will be demanding that the "Lost Tribe" Nigerian Blacks, Zimbabwean Blacks, Kenyan Blacks, Caribbean Blacks, & even US Blacks etc etc. be flown in by the plane-load.

One reason for this is that 1/3 of those who left Egypt during the Exodus were Hamites who were incorporated in to the Am Yisrael. Many Jews actually have more true Hamite in him than any so-called Afro-American, hence the phenomenon of the Jews'  schvartzer-revering affinity and feelings of schmaltzy unreciprocated kinship!

Source that 1/3 of Jews that left Egypt were black?

I did find out about these fake Ethopian Jews btw, which Ethopian Jews have their own Jews for Judaism thing forming against. I hope the actual Jews for Judaism fights with them.
http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Ethiopians-fight-Christian-proselytizers

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 03:59:33 PM »
Dancing like blacks??  Have you ever seen the Yemenite Jews dance?? Have any of you guys heard Yemenite, Moroccan or Turkish Jewish music?    So much for not being influenced by outside influences or cultures.  Oh yeah, anybody here listened to Ashkenazi European/Klezmer or Chassidic music??  Does the fact that many Mizrachi singers sing in Arabic and refer to Hashem as Allah (which was the Arabic name for what we say G-d) mean they are not Jews either now or should undergo a halachic conversion?    I have a hard time distinguishing most of it from Ukrainian and Russian folk music.  So, there goes your theories of us not being allowed to be influenced by outside cultures.   If you read the history of Jews in Ethiopia, many of them were very brave and suffered horrible persecution and suffering for refusing to be converted to Orthodox Christianity by their hosts, much the same way Jews in Spain and Eastern Europe suffered for refusing to convert to the religion of the people around them. 

Many Ethiopian Jews are on the front line risking their lives right now and some have died while you are safely in your homes typing away on your computers about what type of evil back fake-Jewish savages they are.

Funny enough, the pictures of the Tel Aviv gay pride parade, I don't see too many Ethiopian Jews there, rather I see a lot of Ashkenazi and some Mizrachi.  Now tell me who are the ones perverting and polluting Judaism and the Nation of Israel?  Tattoos, rap music??    It was there white Ashkenazi Jewish boys from Brooklyn who started one of the first modern hip-hop bands called The Beastie Boys.   Many black hip hop bands afterwards copied their style of music, but nobody will admit that modern rap was revolutionized by three Ashkenazi Jews.

Anyhow, I said I wasn't posting going to be posting on JTF anymore.. I decided I should, but its threads like these why I am not going to bother getting to involved with JTF..   Seriously, you are speaking lashon hara to your fellow Jews.

Ethiopian Jews have nothing in common with the Africans around them, just as Ashkenazi Jews cannot be associated with Cossaks or Mizrachi Jews cannot be associated with Sunni MUslim Arabs, just because they lived in the same place, sang a similar style of music and ate similar style of food.

Anyway, I am not even getting involved in this debate, but just wanted to comment.   The Ethiopian Jews are a wonderful addition to Israel and part of AM Yisrael, just as Yemenites, Moroccans, Eastern Europeans.

ANd, what if some of them were forced to convert to CHristianity, but wish to make teshuva?? Would you turn away a Moreno Jew who was forced into Catholicism and whose family were practicing Catholics for 500+ years?

I agree though that any Christians posing as Jews should be returned to their nation of origin if they are immigrants.  Any native born Israeli who is Jewish and converts to Christianity should be put in prison and be beaten.    Although, I think the same should be said for homosexuals and all Jews who live a hedonistic and sinful lifestyle.  We cannot let pestilence spread across Israel.. Evangelists and the sorts should also be tossed out of the country.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 04:03:03 PM »
Dancing like blacks??  Have you ever seen the Yemenite Jews dance?? Have any of you guys heard Yemenite, Moroccan or Turkish Jewish music?    So much for not being influenced by outside influences or cultures.  Oh yeah, anybody here listened to Ashkenazi European/Klezmer or Chassidic music??  Does the fact that many Mizrachi singers sing in Arabic and refer to Hashem as Allah (which was the Arabic name for what we say G-d) mean they are not Jews either now or should undergo a halachic conversion?    I have a hard time distinguishing most of it from Ukrainian and Russian folk music.  So, there goes your theories of us not being allowed to be influenced by outside cultures.   If you read the history of Jews in Ethiopia, many of them were very brave and suffered horrible persecution and suffering for refusing to be converted to Orthodox Christianity by their hosts, much the same way Jews in Spain and Eastern Europe suffered for refusing to convert to the religion of the people around them. 

Many Ethiopian Jews are on the front line risking their lives right now and some have died while you are safely in your homes typing away on your computers about what type of evil back fake-Jewish savages they are.

Funny enough, the pictures of the Tel Aviv gay pride parade, I don't see too many Ethiopian Jews there, rather I see a lot of Ashkenazi and some Mizrachi.  Now tell me who are the ones perverting and polluting Judaism and the Nation of Israel?  Tattoos, rap music??    It was there white Ashkenazi Jewish boys from Brooklyn who started one of the first modern hip-hop bands called The Beastie Boys.   Many black hip hop bands afterwards copied their style of music, but nobody will admit that modern rap was revolutionized by three Ashkenazi Jews.

Anyhow, I said I wasn't posting going to be posting on JTF anymore.. I decided I should, but its threads like these why I am not going to bother getting to involved with JTF..   Seriously, you are speaking lashon hara to your fellow Jews.

Ethiopian Jews have nothing in common with the Africans around them, just as Ashkenazi Jews cannot be associated with Cossaks or Mizrachi Jews cannot be associated with Sunni MUslim Arabs, just because they lived in the same place, sang a similar style of music and ate similar style of food.

Anyway, I am not even getting involved in this debate, but just wanted to comment.   The Ethiopian Jews are a wonderful addition to Israel and part of AM Yisrael, just as Yemenites, Moroccans, Eastern Europeans.

ANd, what if some of them were forced to convert to CHristianity, but wish to make teshuva?? Would you turn away a Moreno Jew who was forced into Catholicism and whose family were practicing Catholics for 500+ years?

K bro, we're all holding off on the lashon hara here, because it's getting old. It's Yershua. He's special. He sparks debate though, don't get mad, just respond respectfully.

Btw is this like the 7th time you say you're leaving? Frustration is a plague that will kill you, I know, and have to work hard to control it myself, but don't let it get to you.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 05:13:59 PM »
K bro, we're all holding off on the lashon hara here, because it's getting old. It's Yershua. He's special. He sparks debate though, don't get mad, just respond respectfully.

Btw is this like the 7th time you say you're leaving? Frustration is a plague that will kill you, I know, and have to work hard to control it myself, but don't let it get to you.

LKZ, I have decided not to leave.. No, I feel I shouldn't abandon JTF altogether, as I do think overall JTF is a great movement and a majority of the threads on the forum are very helpful and insightful.  However, there is more drama here than I wish for and I have decided I will just cut back on posting and not get deeply involved in debates anymore.  I don't have time for it.

IF anyone visited my facebook page, I paid my respects to the Ethiopian Jewish man named Moshe Melako who died in combat fighting Hamas, defending the nation of Israel.. For Yerusha and all those who dislike Ethiopian Jews, please write a letter to Moshe Melako's parents telling them how Moshe died in vain, because he is black and is not a real Jew.  If this is not Lashon Hara, what is?

Anyhow, I, myself give honor and respect to this brave soul, who unlike many others here, risked his life and in return died defending the nation of Israel and Jewish people he loved so dearly.  This Ethiopian Jewish man made the ultimate sacrifice for the nation of Israel, His Life...   

SO before you go and bad mouth your Ethiopian Jewish brothers anymore, take a few steps back and realize a lot of the criticism you may have against them can be said about almost any Jew.  Is Karl Marx any better of a representation of Ashkenazi Judaism than some of the Christian converts are to Ethiopian Jews?  Please.. Stop the hate and respect your brothers.. We need to be united.

Ethiopians are a completely differnet people than Bantus or sub-saharan Africans.  Most Ethiopian people are Semitic and share genealogy with Jews.  There are Yemenite Jews with Ethiopian origin as well, as Yemenite and Ethiopian people have intermixed for centuries.  Ethiopians have had a connection with Israel long before Russia or any European nation had.  Ethiopians also have an ancient history of practicing Jewish traditions and many Jewish converts and Jews settled in the land and practiced Judaism even at risk of death for 1000s of years.  If anyone has studied the Amharic or Tigrinya languages, you will be amazed at how many similarities there are to Hebrew in these two Semitic languages, especially Tigrinya.

My heart goes out to the brave Israeli named Moshe Melako and his family!!  What a blessed Jewish soul for defending his Nation with his own life!
http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/07/21/fallen-soldier-moshe-melako-was-a-happy-person-who-dreamed-of-being-in-a-combat-unit/

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »
I think the Beastie boys were among the first to adopt hip hop style to mainstream taste. I can't say they weren't talented. But it wouldn't be fair to say black hip hop bands copied them since hip hop was created by blacks and originally- for blacks.

I hope you don't accuse me too in leshon harah. I am trying to avoid that while steel saying things I see them. Sometimes the truth hearts, but a grown up person should deal with it rather then deny it.

How about language, food, look, history, and genes? Do Russian Jews have nothing in common with Russia? come on it's simply not true.

Yes they are, Jews belong in Israel. I think we all (except for the original poster) agree on this point.

The anusim were indeed forced into Catholicism. If they can prove that they are zera yisrael then they can rejoin am Yisrael. Sometimes they need some sort of conversion. If there is doubt they might need giyur lechumra because not everyone can trace his lineage hundreds of years. Anyway, it's a case by case process and the motivation is purely that of an Individual desire to rejoin his lost people. However with the Ethiopians non-Jews- it is completely different. In their case it is a batch process were entire clans of Christians are supposedly converted. Their motivation is purely materialistic since in return they literally win the lottery- receiving free housing, healthcare, welfare, education etc. in Israel.

Some of them might be descended from Jews who had chosen to convert under duress (they could chose to remain Jews like the Ethiopian Jews had done. Then they join in with the Christian and Muslims in persecuting the Jews. They tattoo crosses on the face of their women. We can't be sure any or all of them are zera Israel or not as they converted many generations ago (about 200 years ago if I recall correctly). Clearly these are the chaff we want to keep separated from am Yisrael and bless good riddance that they left. At least if you want to convert them then do it properly on individual basis, but to bring entire clans of them and then house them as clans in Israel is a guaranteed way to import African problems into Israel as if we need more trouble makers.

I agree though that any Christians posing as Jews should be returned to their nation of origin if they are immigrants.  Any native born Israeli who is Jewish and converts to Christianity should be put in prison and be beaten.    Although, I think the same should be said for homosexuals and all Jews who live a hedonistic and sinful lifestyle.  We cannot let pestilence spread across Israel.. Evangelists and the sorts should also be tossed out of the country.
Have you lived entirely righteous life? That's a very bad way of promoting Judaism to Jews. Would you become a believer because someone beats you and lock you up? It seems awfully like Islamic tactics to me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2014, 05:24:38 PM »
There is NO SUCH THING as Jewish Music... Jewish music has absorbed elements of every culture that Jews have lived in.

I also find no problem with Hip-hop as a form of musical expression. I always point out I am against immoral lyrics which make the entire music bad, but with inspiring Jewish lyrics hip-hop is another valid musical form. Hip-hop is not music, it is a vocal beat which can be very expressive of certain emotions.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »
There is NO SUCH THING as Jewish Music... Jewish music has absorbed elements of every culture that Jews have lived in.

I also find no problem with Hip-hop as a form of musical expression. I always point out I am against immoral lyrics which make the entire music bad, but with inspiring Jewish lyrics hip-hop is another valid musical form. Hip-hop is not music, it is a vocal beat which can be very expressive of certain emotions.

We're not talking about whether it goes ding or dong or the accent of the singer. If it's talking about Hashem, it's good, if there are lyrics that are from other cultures, it isn't. It's about halacha here.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »
I think the Beastie boys were among the first to adopt hip hop style to mainstream taste. I can't say they weren't talented. But it wouldn't be fair to say black hip hop bands copied them since hip hop was created by blacks and originally- for blacks.
It's amazing how popular hip hop is among non blacks though and the fact that Beastie Boys influenced a lot of black hip hop musicians..    IT's well documented.  I don't listen to hip hop so don't really care, but making a point.

I hope you don't accuse me too in leshon harah. I am trying to avoid that while steel saying things I see them. Sometimes the truth hearts, but a grown up person should deal with it rather then deny it.
I'm not naming names, but Yerusha I think gets the brunt of my criticism.

How about language, food, look, history, and genes? Do Russian Jews have nothing in common with Russia? come on it's simply not true.
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me.. I mean Ethiopians, in particular, have nothing in common with the rest of Africans around them.  Of course, Ethiopian Jews have a lot in common with Ethiopian people in general.  Just as Russian Jews have many things in common with Russsians and Moroccan Jews have many things in common with Moroccan people.   Most Ethiopians I meet think the Africans around them are inferior to them.  Ethiopian culture, itself, has many things in common with Japanese culture.  Ethiopia, like Japan, is an ancient feudalistic society and the nation has sworn loyalty to a single monarch for centuries.  There is actually no other African nation that has entirely sworn loyalty to a single monarch, who, himself, was a Christian monarch.  If anything the structure of Ethiopian society had more in common with Ancient Egypt and Yemen.  I would say the Ethiopian Orthodox Christian theocracy also shared some traits to that of the Russian Tzarist Orthodox Christian theocracy.   The natives of Egypt (Coptic Christians) have many similar features to the Ethiopian Amhara/Tigray people.  The Arabians in Egypt are actually invaders and have different genealogy then the native Coptic Christians who share a similar culture and even physical features to the Ethiopians.

Yes they are, Jews belong in Israel. I think we all (except for the original poster) agree on this point.
Good, I am glad we agree.. Then I have no issue with you.  Obviously, I do not support any Jew, whether Ashkenazi, Mizrachi or Ethiopian promoting a pagan, non -Jewish lifestyle, religion or theology.     However, I just wonder why people overlook how so many Ashkenazi and other Jews have promoted homosexuality in Israel with gay pride parades, but then bash on Ethiopian Jews for not being Jewish because some of them may be practicing Christianity.  Why do they get the brunt of the scrutiny and always have their Jewishness challenged?  I've also met many fellow Ashkenazi Jews who still seem to admire Communism and promote its ideologies after generations of brainwashing living behind the Iron Curtain.

The anusim were indeed forced into Catholicism. If they can prove that they are zera yisrael then they can rejoin am Yisrael. Sometimes they need some sort of conversion. If there is doubt they might need giyur lechumra because not everyone can trace his lineage hundreds of years. Anyway, it's a case by case process and the motivation is purely that of an Individual desire to rejoin his lost people. However with the Ethiopians non-Jews- it is completely different. In their case it is a batch process were entire clans of Christians are supposedly converted. Their motivation is purely materialistic since in return they literally win the lottery- receiving free housing, healthcare, welfare, education etc. in Israel.
Any Ethiopian Christian pretending to be a Jew should not be allowed into Israel unless he performs a real conversion just as with any other Jewish convert, the same can be said for a Norwegian Lutheran who converts to Judaism.  However, there are Ethiopian Jewish people who have practiced Judaism for 1000+ years and who have Jewish lineage just as any other Jew in diaspora.  Of course, there will be many frauds, especially coming from poorer countries.   

Some of them might be descended from Jews who had chosen to convert under duress (they could chose to remain Jews like the Ethiopian Jews had done. Then they join in with the Christian and Muslims in persecuting the Jews. They tattoo crosses on the face of their women. We can't be sure any or all of them are zera Israel or not as they converted many generations ago (about 200 years ago if I recall correctly). Clearly these are the chaff we want to keep separated from am Yisrael and bless good riddance that they left. At least if you want to convert them then do it properly on individual basis, but to bring entire clans of them and then house them as clans in Israel is a guaranteed way to import African problems into Israel as if we need more trouble makers.
Have you lived entirely righteous life? That's a very bad way of promoting Judaism to Jews. Would you become a believer because someone beats you and lock you up? It seems awfully like Islamic tactics to me.
Many Jews over the generations were forced into converting to Christianity and Islam. That is a sad reality and I am sure there are Jewish people somewhere in the world who do not realize they have Jewish ancestry but since they have practiced a foreign religion for centuries they are pretty well cut off from their Jewish roots.  However, there are Ethiopian Jews who have preserved their heritage and resisted conversion in a land that was very hostile to Jewish people and I think they should be respected for that, even if they are lacking some of the Oral teachings, which can be incorporated once they make aliyah and rejoin their homeland.     The Ethiopian Jews were horribly persecuted.  For example, the Ethioipan Jews would not eat with the CHristians in Ethiopia who ate raw meat.  The Chrsitians would buy their meat from the EThiopian Jews as the Ethiopian Jews slaughtered their meat much closer to Kosher standards of the Torah, cutting the throat and draining the animal's blood.   Ethioipan Jews would suffer pogroms, rape and murder in a very similar manner to how Jews did in Poland, Russia and Ukraine.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2014, 12:21:34 AM »
Just to comment briefly on the "Anusim movement" I encountered someone who claims that anyone who claims to be Anusim should be 100% accepted as Jewish, no need for giyur. And the moment that they arrive to a shul and expect to be counted in a minyan and get aliyot etc... and are shocked that they are not, they start accusing Orthodox Jews of racism and start crying that they should have special treatment because of their "500 years of suffering". I cut off a few "Anusim" facebook people from my life for this reason, the moment they started to claim amongst themselves that "Garcia" is somehow a Levite name, I had to politely disagree with them and leave them alone to their delusions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garc%C3%ADa_%28surname%29
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:17:24 AM by IsraeliHeart »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:18 AM »
Sorry, but when I 1st saw this thread I thought of 'Dances with Wolves'...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14