Author Topic: Tardive dyskinesia  (Read 3151 times)

Offline Shechinah

• Junior JTFer
Tardive dyskinesia
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:06:34 AM »
a neurological disorder characterized by involuntary uncontrollable movements especially of the mouth, tongue, trunk, and limbs and occurring especially as a side effect of prolonged use of antipsychotic drugs

If the doctors ever force upon you neuroleptic drugs as 'treatment' for a psychotic illness ... you could end up like this:

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
Re: Tardive dyskinesia
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 01:26:14 PM »
This is possibly the strangest new topic that I have ever seen.

Thank you, Shechinah.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:43:44 PM by judeanoncapta »
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 01:34:55 PM »
This is possible the strangest new topic that I have ever seen.

Thank you, Shechinah.

That's because Shechinah is one of the strangest posters.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »
Yup, I'd have to agree posts like this certainly display a mental illness on behalf of the OP.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 02:04:15 PM »
If you stick your tongue out and look at it in the mirror, you'll see that you won't be able to hold it 100% still. The muscle is too strong and these medicines just increase the slight spasms.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »
in our days you don't see tardive dyskinesia because of the new medications available.
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 02:38:05 PM »
in our days you don't see tardive dyskinesia because of the new medications available.
Wow, you actually knew what it was. :)

Offline Shechinah

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 04:08:49 PM »
I'm glad that my superego is still sufficiently robust to stop me offloading all the things that I'm thinking right now.

And no, there are no known medicines that completely cure all of the side-effects of these hideous antipsychotic drugs.

Offline Shechinah

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »
This is possibly the strangest new topic that I have ever seen.

Thank you, Shechinah.

That's why they have 'mental health institutions' and care homes, so that average Joes like you don't have to see how badly society abuses its most helpless victims.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 04:34:50 PM »
I didn't say that the new antipsychotics doesn't have ANY side effects, but you don`t see Tardive dyskinesia as much as in the past...

Joe Schmo

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 04:48:34 PM »
My uncle worked for 40 years as a psychiatric technician and he has an attitude like you wouldn't believe.  There's nothing that he doesn't know (as far as he's concerned).

Are psychiatric technicians a big deal, or is my uncle just full of hot air?

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »
My uncle worked for 40 years as a psychiatric technician and he has an attitude like you wouldn't believe.  There's nothing that he doesn't know (as far as he's concerned).

The only one who can answer to that question I think is you..being psychiatric technician is a very serious job, like all the others, and I think that being physician or being Taylor is the same for G-d, being man or being bastard is not the same!!! :)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 06:47:47 PM »

I think that being physician or being Taylor is the same for G-d, being man or being bastard is not the same!!! :)
???

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 06:49:49 PM »
what? it was my opinion!

Joe Schmo

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
what? it was my opinion!
I simply don't understand what you mean.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 07:00:46 PM »
what? it was my opinion!
OK, you said that your uncle had an attitude and there was nothing that he wouldn't know...and he was with this attitude like he knows everything because he was working like psychiatric technician...and I was trying to say that in front of G-d we are all the same, no matter of what job we have....He doesn"t like braggers...that is my opinion...maybe because I used the name of bastards (my English is not so good, and i translate from Romanian)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 07:04:31 PM »
what? it was my opinion!
OK, you said that your uncle had an attitude and there was nothing that he wouldn't know...and he was with this attitude like he knows everything because he was working like psychiatric technician...and I was trying to say that in front of G-d we are all the same, no matter of what job we have....He doesn"t like braggers...that is my opinion...maybe because I used the name of bastards (my English is not so good, and i translate from Romanian)

No problem.  I understand what you mean.

Offline Bodhi

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »
I've actually had this happen to me......it started slowly with my tongue sticking out a little bit and progressd to the point where my head was trying to spin COMPLETELY around, I couldn't talk, and I couldn;t get my tongue back into my mouth.  Needless to say it was a VERY scary thing to have happen, I was thinking #1 I hope I don't die, and #2 I was praying to G-d that it would not be permanent.  They gave me an injection of something at the hospiital, and in 6 or 7 minutes I was fine.  To this day I have no clue what might have caused it to happen, but it kind of scares me because my uncle has dystonia, which is kind of similar but not as severe.......and he didn't develop it until he was about 40...so I hope it was just a one time thing.....maybe an allergic reaction to something ??  I don't know but thank G-d it wasn't more serious!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 11:03:11 AM »
I've heard that Reglan, an anti-nausea drug, can cause Tardive dyskinesia in some rare cases which involve involuntary lip smacking and other facial movements. Lots of lawyers seem to be getting on the lawsuit bandwagon on this one now. I think Thorazine is another one that is well known for causing this condition and effect as well.