Author Topic: Britain reviewing arms sales to Israel  (Read 2457 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Britain reviewing arms sales to Israel
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »
this is way too simplistic. USA can spread the cost of technology, say for F16, across many countries, thousands of orders. Israel can't. Are you sure that shipyards in Israel are capable of building submarines. Where are the engineers and constructors are going to come from to build something comparable to Dolphin? This is way more complicated than what you've described. Israel, after 1967, decided to independently produce at least 1 main type of weapons, hence Merkava, Kfir and Saar. With the cost of new weapons skyrocketing, even competitors join forces - examples: Eurofighter, F22(LM and Boeing)

If you really want to know why Israel doesn't build subs you may want to check this out.
http://israelmilitary.net/showthread.php?t=22903

Israel as a small country produces more than most small countries, we are talking high amounts of tracts of land for industrial manufacturing which Israel was able to justify mass production of merkavas due to demand but its economically very expensive. Few countries produce their own tanks let alone launch their own satellites into space which Israel has that capability.

Sub's are very difficult to develop, and manufacture, even many of the first world nations have difficulty and while Israel may not have the capability to develop sub's, they do have the capability of developing ships. What I was pointing out is that Israel has in the past and currently has the capability to manufacture many weapons and weapons systems, we can day that Israel shouldn't depend on the us or other nations and I agree I want Israel to be self reliant but realistically we need to look at this from the perspective of Israel, without foreign sub's, who in israel will develop it, where will finances come from and will it compare to the dolphin sub's or surpass it in terms of cost, efficiency and safety? These are realistic aspects you must look at, Israel is already operating and functioning in terms of.manufacture much better than larger nations. The best Israel could hope for is to start to purchase more domestically and ween off foreign components but that is difficult considering even the US uses some foreign components as well for military equipment .

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
Sounds like a nice place to live. What bothers me is why the hell would an Israeli sell weapons to communists? Only a traitor would do such a thing- he should have his citizenship removed and be made an honorary "Palestinian". We as Jews should make it a priority to be sworn enemies of all communist movements worldwide. If the leftist Jews (filth themselves) want to ally with them then we should make it clear they are pro-"Palestinian", as Zionists have always been allied with patriotic right-wing movements around the world. As Jews it is our duty to stand against mass-murderers, like Nazis, and Muslims, and Communists are no different. I guess anti-communism is especially important for me since I'm Ukrainian.

I honestly don't know, maybe for profit, he went to prison in Africa as well. In Colombia he was training paramilitaries but also sold weapons to farc which is a communist group so it doesn't sound like he had much loyalty to anyone . he was punished in Israel too.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yair_Klein

Offline Ukrainian Jew

• Senior JTFer
  • «Львівські Євреї – 700 років наполегливої.»
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 07:30:26 PM »
I honestly don't know, maybe for profit, he went to prison in Africa as well. In Colombia he was training paramilitaries but also sold weapons to farc which is a communist group so it doesn't sound like he had much loyalty to anyone . he was punished in Israel too.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yair_Klein
And he should also be punished by the Lord for supporting communist terrorists who murder innocent civilians and occupy indigenous peoples' land!

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 07:54:15 AM »
Nobody is going to give you anything unless you specifically advocate and stipulate how and what you are going to be doing. Even with the submarines - do you realize the cost, the economy of scale needed to build the suitable shipyards, the skill and expertise and the export projections needed to make production of these incredible submarines feasible? How about F16/F15 and F22s - you are also going to supply the spare parts, training, and new aircrafts?

I don't know if example of North Korea is suitable, but there may be some parallels as what Israel may face in terms of arms embargo. North Korea, which typically relies on its own manufacturing, buys some stuff from China and doesn't manufacture everything, and it is purely militarized economy. And most of their equipment is junk due to reliance on its own manufacturing base and on old Chinese surplus.

It's wonderful that you brought up submarines as an argument against what I said. Not only can I make them much quicker and less expensively than any other country, I can repair them and ships without having to cut open the hull like they do, so both the shipyard and the drydock where submarines are held would benefit.

Skill and expertise, I only need available once, and then I can replace a swarm (or up to 4) engineers with 1 robot, and there can be many robots.

Also, I have lots of confidence in Israeli ingenuity, and if other countries want to get in on this (unless some other country besides Israel decides to give me a contract bigger than a few hundred thousand first, sorry) then they will trade expertise for technology.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 01:45:07 PM »
Israel will be designing the Saar 72 and building it in israel.

http://defense-update.com/20130516_saar-72.html#.U-Jlwdq9KSM

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2014, 08:31:24 PM »
It's wonderful that you brought up submarines as an argument against what I said. Not only can I make them much quicker and less expensively than any other country, I can repair them and ships without having to cut open the hull like they do, so both the shipyard and the drydock where submarines are held would benefit.

Skill and expertise, I only need available once, and then I can replace a swarm (or up to 4) engineers with 1 robot, and there can be many robots.

Also, I have lots of confidence in Israeli ingenuity, and if other countries want to get in on this (unless some other country besides Israel decides to give me a contract bigger than a few hundred thousand first, sorry) then they will trade expertise for technology.
What exactly do you do? Are you an industrialist billionaire, weapon designer, technologist?
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 09:11:37 AM »
What exactly do you do? Are you an industrialist billionaire, weapon designer, technologist?

No. You need money to be called one of those.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge