Author Topic: A comment about Duncan Hunter  (Read 2676 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
Re: A comment about Duncan Hunter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 10:13:33 PM »
I don't understand why some are so supportive of Duncan Hunter. He barely made his presence known during the debates. He would be a very weak leader. Plus, his views on immigration reform and terrorism aren't that strong.

At least, Tom Tancrado has devoted a great deal of his political career to fighting against amnesty. But even barely made his presence felt in the debate.

All the candidates are horrible. People like Tancredo have great principles, but they need to express them to the American people during the debates. Just posting your policies on your website isn't going to do a whole lot to secure votes.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 05:15:31 AM »
I don't understand why some are so supportive of Duncan Hunter. He barely made his presence known during the debates. He would be a very weak leader. Plus, his views on immigration reform and terrorism aren't that strong.

At least, Tom Tancrado has devoted a great deal of his political career to fighting against amnesty. But even barely made his presence felt in the debate.

All the candidates are horrible. People like Tancredo have great principles, but they need to express them to the American people during the debates. Just posting your policies on your website isn't going to do a whole lot to secure votes.

You're wrong. 

Hunter is the one who is responsible for having a border fence built at the San Diego border. 

He's actually done more than Tancredo, in that regard, to fight against amnesty.  In Hunter's district, he has the respect of many of the Hispanics who also oppose amnesty. 

He also recognizes how the unfair trade practices with China are bad for national security as well as for the economy. 

Hunter served in the army and currently has a son who is serving his 3rd tour in the marines. 

So  please, don't make claims about what you don't know. 

I'm not sure about Tancredo's stance towards Israel, but Hunter's is very good.  World Net Daily is supportive of Hunter. 

Hunter might be the best candidate that there has been in more than the last 100 years.  I think he'd be better than Reagan.  There are many voters who feel nostalgic for Reagan.  Well, they'd like Hunter. 

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 01:19:53 PM »

You're wrong. 

Hunter is the one who is responsible for having a border fence built at the San Diego border. 

He's actually done more than Tancredo, in that regard, to fight against amnesty.  In Hunter's district, he has the respect of many of the Hispanics who also oppose amnesty. 

He also recognizes how the unfair trade practices with China are bad for national security as well as for the economy. 

Hunter served in the army and currently has a son who is serving his 3rd tour in the marines. 

So  please, don't make claims about what you don't know. 

I'm not sure about Tancredo's stance towards Israel, but Hunter's is very good.  World Net Daily is supportive of Hunter. 

Hunter might be the best candidate that there has been in more than the last 100 years.  I think he'd be better than Reagan.  There are many voters who feel nostalgic for Reagan.  Well, they'd like Hunter. 

That fence isn't working much is it? I know about the fence. They have one in Texas, too. Tancredo wants to do away with illegal immigration AND amnesty. Tancredo will make a better fence.

Tancredo has given tons of speeches on amnesty and his hate for this anti-American policy, trying to wake the American people up.

I didn't say Hunter had bad policies, but he wouldn't make a strong leader. At least Trancredo was a bit more forceful during the debates. But overall they both didn't take charge in the debates like they should've. They have strong policies, but are unwilling to make themselves really stand out in the debates. They let themselves be dominated by the stronger personalities like Guliana and Romney. That's why they don't stand a chance.

Hunter is my second favorite, but let's be honest, all the candidates are horrid.

And you claim he's the best candidate in a hundred years, which is a totally outrageous statement! All he did was put a ineffectual fence, at least congressman Tandcredo fights daily in congress to destroy the amnesty policy once and for all.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:26:46 PM by Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2007, 02:23:29 PM »
The fence that was built in San Diego is working.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 12:39:18 AM »
The fence that was built in San Diego is working.
Really? So is that why the majority of California's population is non-white?

Duncan Hunter can't even take charge during the debates. A carefree approach to the debates means a carefree attitude in the oval office. At least Tom Tancredo has made some very passionate speeches during his time in congress, but he's in the same boat as Hunter. He can't compete with the stronger personalities such as Juliani.

I admire Hunter's work, but it's not much. Do you really have any idea how he's going to be as president?

Overall, we can forget about Tancredo and Hunter getting elected president, much less getting nominated in the primaries.

Ask any common man and chances are they don't know of either man.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 01:37:19 AM »
The process of the general election is long enough that people should hear of the nominated candidates regardless of their name recognition previously. 

Hunter has a tougher time in the primaries that he would have in a general election. 

Tancredo has said stuff that have insulted people and the media would probably keep playing his comments, if he were to be a nominee.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 09:11:54 PM »
The process of the general election is long enough that people should hear of the nominated candidates regardless of their name recognition previously. 

Hunter has a tougher time in the primaries that he would have in a general election. 

Tancredo has said stuff that have insulted people and the media would probably keep playing his comments, if he were to be a nominee.
That's because Tancredo is willing to say unpopular things to rights the wrong of the US, just like JTF. Most republicans are caving into the concept of amnesty, because it is a sure way of remaining popular. Is it so outrageous that we accept the US to abide by the Constitution and common sense? Apparently many think so.

However, Tancredo's opposition to the death penalty is troubling.