Author Topic: We should work with Rabbi Mizrachi HOWEVER possible  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: We should work with Rabbi Mizrachi HOWEVER possible
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2014, 08:51:02 AM »
Oh I did? It's amazing how much I can say and do here without doing anything. Must be the ruah hakodesh I just acquired. Or maybe it takes one to know one, and you can see what I'm thinking or will say.

Anyways, I said Rav Ovadia wouldn't have given land to terrorists. Whether he would keep them in Israel is unknown.

Equally absurd comment.    He DID enable Oslo in his role which he actually served.  It could not have happened without Shas blessing it and voting for it.  And he paskened that for peace you give away land.  That was his psak. It is magical thinking to say that if he was prime minister instead, he would have reversed his worldview and done the opposite.

The point of view is infantile and deserves to be lambasted.  It's nothing personal against you.  It's the unrealistic idealizing of a person, and probably you are doing it because this was a great Torah scholar.  I think this problematic approach ties in directly with your refusal to take the living Rabbi Mizrahi's statements at face value.   

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
The late Rabbi Ovadia Yosef did unspeakable damage to Israel and for that reason JTF will never support him. You should listen to Chaim on the matter. I do not think being a great biblical scholar can negate his political views or how he made rulings on the basis of government funding for Shas institutions.

Martin Luther (ysv) was a phenomenal Christian theologian, too, but his head-knowledge did not undo the fact that he was a Nazi monster.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2014, 02:46:04 PM »
Equally absurd comment.    He DID enable Oslo in his role which he actually served.  It could not have happened without Shas blessing it and voting for it.  And he paskened that for peace you give away land.  That was his psak. It is magical thinking to say that if he was prime minister instead, he would have reversed his worldview and done the opposite.

The point of view is infantile and deserves to be lambasted.  It's nothing personal against you.  It's the unrealistic idealizing of a person, and probably you are doing it because this was a great Torah scholar.  I think this problematic approach ties in directly with your refusal to take the living Rabbi Mizrahi's statements at face value.

I never argued with the facts of his actions and that of Shas enabling the horrible tragedy of giving land. What did Rav Ovadia do after? He cursed Sharon, and clearly G-d took the Rav seriously, because he made his curse into reality. What that shows, is despite him doing what he did for whatever reason in that environment, were he the prime minister at the time, it is wholly unimaginable that he would have done what Sharon (YS"V) did.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »
I never argued with the facts of his actions and that of Shas enabling the horrible tragedy of giving land. What did Rav Ovadia do after? He cursed Sharon, and clearly G-d took the Rav seriously, because he made his curse into reality. What that shows, is despite him doing what he did for whatever reason in that environment, were he the prime minister at the time, it is wholly unimaginable that he would have done what Sharon (YS"V) did.

Pure wishful thinking.   If he was prime minister, the only realistic assumption is that he would have done what rabin did, which is exactly what he helped rabin to do in his lifetime.
If you think that a big scholar can tell God what to do,I think you are being taught incorrectly..

Until just now, no one had even raised the subject of expulsion of Jews in the context of our discussion of Rabbi Yosef or Rabbi Mizrahi. It sounds like you are just changing your story as we go along.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2014, 03:01:25 PM »
The late Rabbi Ovadia Yosef did unspeakable damage to Israel and for that reason JTF will never support him. You should listen to Chaim on the matter. I do not think being a great biblical scholar can negate his political views or how he made rulings on the basis of government funding for Shas institutions.

Martin Luther (ysv) was a phenomenal Christian theologian, too, but his head-knowledge did not undo the fact that he was a Nazi monster.

It didn't have to do with funding. He came with that Psak (that we don't agree with) before their was even a Shas party.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2014, 03:05:47 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/184194

MK (Eli Yishai- Shas) Pushes to Make Oslo Accords 'National Tragedy'
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2014, 03:21:41 PM »
  Going back to the original concern about R Mizrachi and Abbas- I wouldn't take it too seriously. I don't think that is what he really believes it was just in the context of that saying and talking about Hamas that that is why he said it that way (and often times when people speak a lot they even make mistakes and contradictions). For this we don't need to sweat it, BUT perhaps someone can get a clear confirmation and I would and do believe that he was say against Fatah as well when asked directly.
 That being said I wouldn't call him a Rabbi Kahane ZTL HYD because their is that possibility of falling back into the "Haredi" mindset and even after the murder of the 3 Datei Leumi boys, after one of the good lectures where he speaks about killing the murderers and killing them quickly and anyone involved in terror in any way (even funding) he then also blames the murder of the 3 boys because they were Settlers which means part of the Bayit Yehudi. And he blames their murder on the fact that Bayit Yehudi is part of the coalition and the coalition is against (and/or not including) the Haredim. I would say that THIS aspect is more dangerous and serious about him then about the Abbas words which I don't even believe that he believes and meant.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2014, 02:11:52 AM »
Pure wishful thinking.   If he was prime minister, the only realistic assumption is that he would have done what rabin did, which is exactly what he helped rabin to do in his lifetime.
If you think that a big scholar can tell God what to do,I think you are being taught incorrectly..

Until just now, no one had even raised the subject of expulsion of Jews in the context of our discussion of Rabbi Yosef or Rabbi Mizrahi. It sounds like you are just changing your story as we go along.

Considering that he called him a rasha for doing it, that's highly unlikely, and really, this is the fifth time you twist my words to make me look stupid, so to give the benefit of the doubt and assume it was an accident, no retard, he can't tell Hashem what to do, but (I forget the source, but ironically did hear it from Rabbi Mizrachi) Hashem takes the blessings of Torah scholars more seriously than with others, and the same would logically go for curses.

Anyways, stop trying to win an argument and read into the discussion for a change. Unless you're incapable, in which case you're also hostile for a reason I could figure out if I cared. What story? That we should work with Rabbi Mizrachi in one or both of the proposed ways? What the heck are you talking about? It's baffling to me how either you would think I care about your intellectual approval or winning a conversation on a forum.

The point of raising the expulsion was to say that in an environment of evil people, even decent people act incorrectly. Shas today, despite Tag's post there showing what seems to be more of an exception, is overall a monstosity that has members which support many evil causes. I'm saying that even Rav Ovadia with his liberal position on the chilul Hashem of land surrender, if Chaim had the governing party would be a great help and do many more good things, and the same would logically go for Rabbi Mizrachi, even with this position.

By the way, Wonga brought up land surrender. Scroll ^

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2014, 04:59:57 AM »
In the last year of R. Ovadia Yosef's life, when the latest elections were held in Israel, shortly before the election, both heads of Shas, Deri and Yishai went to an Arab village and promised for true peace they would support painful concessions.
That is to say there were no real regrets for Oslo. They only regretted that this or that "guarantee" wasn't added to the process, so we got the results that we are seeing today.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2014, 05:08:46 AM »
In the last year of R. Ovadia Yosef's life, when the latest elections were held in Israel, shortly before the election, both heads of Shas, Deri and Yishai went to an Arab village and promised for true peace they would support painful concessions.
That is to say there were no real regrets for Oslo. They only regretted that this or that "guarantee" wasn't added to the process, so we got the results that we are seeing today.

That's why I would like to see Rabbi Mizrachi as the head of Shas.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2014, 10:33:30 PM »
We need more cross-pollination with the Hebrew forum. What do they say about the Rabbi, and are his lectures the same in Hebrew?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2014, 05:40:09 AM »
Considering that he called him a rasha for doing it, that's highly unlikely, and really, this is the fifth time you twist my words to make me look stupid, so to give the benefit of the doubt and assume it was an accident, no retard, he can't tell Hashem what to do, but (I forget the source, but ironically did hear it from Rabbi Mizrachi) Hashem takes the blessings of Torah scholars more seriously than with others, and the same would logically go for curses.

Anyways, stop trying to win an argument and read into the discussion for a change. Unless you're incapable, in which case you're also hostile for a reason I could figure out if I cared. What story? That we should work with Rabbi Mizrachi in one or both of the proposed ways? What the heck are you talking about? It's baffling to me how either you would think I care about your intellectual approval or winning a conversation on a forum.

The point of raising the expulsion was to say that in an environment of evil people, even decent people act incorrectly. Shas today, despite Tag's post there showing what seems to be more of an exception, is overall a monstosity that has members which support many evil causes. I'm saying that even Rav Ovadia with his liberal position on the chilul Hashem of land surrender, if Chaim had the governing party would be a great help and do many more good things, and the same would logically go for Rabbi Mizrachi, even with this position.

By the way, Wonga brought up land surrender. Scroll ^

Jeez, can you stop taking it personally and just debate the issues?   You waste your breath and waste the time of JTFers with the ad hominem nonsense.

Do you know who Rabin is?  Read my comments carefully, please, before throwing a tantrum.   It was YOU who brought expulsion of Jews into this discussion.   Rabin didn't have a chance to expel Jews but started the Oslo process.  The logical conclusion of that process is to expel Jews so it would not surprise me if any of the shas people did it as "painful concessions" and the only means of truly implementing oslo. 
But by "oslo" and referring to rabin and what R Yosef helped him to do, it refers to importing arafat and his fatach thugs into Israel, giving them land, money, and sovereignty for future statehood.   Yes that happened, yes R Yosef enabled it.  Stop denying this basic fact and stop conflating "oslo" with "gaza expulsion."

Oh yes and these are the same thugs Rabbi Mizrahi says we could make peace with.   Let's stay on topic.I haven't twisted any words here. Quit acting like a victim.   

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2014, 06:31:16 AM »
Jeez, can you stop taking it personally and just debate the issues?   You waste your breath and waste the time of JTFers with the ad hominem nonsense.

Do you know who Rabin is?  Read my comments carefully, please, before throwing a tantrum.   It was YOU who brought expulsion of Jews into this discussion.   Rabin didn't have a chance to expel Jews but started the Oslo process.  The logical conclusion of that process is to expel Jews so it would not surprise me if any of the shas people did it as "painful concessions" and the only means of truly implementing oslo. 
But by "oslo" and referring to rabin and what R Yosef helped him to do, it refers to importing arafat and his fatach thugs into Israel, giving them land, money, and sovereignty for future statehood.   Yes that happened, yes R Yosef enabled it.  Stop denying this basic fact and stop conflating "oslo" with "gaza expulsion."

Oh yes and these are the same thugs Rabbi Mizrahi says we could make peace with.   Let's stay on topic.I haven't twisted any words here. Quit acting like a victim.

"Jeez, can you stop taking it personally and just debate the issues?   You waste your breath and waste the time of JTFers with the ad hominem nonsense."

Happily, pot.

I know who Rabin (YS"V) was, and Wonga brought up the expulsion of Jews, for the second time. The purpose of Oslo was expelling Jews, and while Rav Ovadia not fighting it made him have a hand in it (bad things come to the world because of the sins of the tzadikim, the Rabbis teach), he wasn't fighting for it, and Shas would not be protesters against Torah if there was a Jewish state lead by one doing what Torah says. Also, stop accusing me of things like a whiner. I never "denied" that Rav Ovadia had a hand in the surrender of land. To respond to my point with this baseless accusation is another example of why this entire "conversation" of me repeating myself after you make baseless attacks against me and Rabbi Mizrachi is a complete and utter waste of time, and as such, comment away, I'm done talking to you here. It's wasting my personal time.

To conclude, Rabbi Mizrachi never said that we can currently make peace with the Fatah murderers, and to take that article and say it's promoting such a thing after you twist the Rabbi's words to make your lashon hara palatable is indicative that you wanted to attack the Rabbi in the first place.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »
 That Rabin was mentioned I remember another thing as well. Rabbi Mizrachi called and referred to Yigal Amir as "the murderer", multiple times. Rav Kahane would never have done that against Yigal Amir. I personally and specifically told him about this but he then again continued to do so as well.
 LKZ maybe you can ask him again and now about this and what he refers to Yigal Amir as but it is wrong to disparage Yigal Amir with such words especially in public.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »
I did not know that but am not surprised. Those two thugs took every single one of their orders from ROY.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 02:04:22 PM »
That Rabin was mentioned I remember another thing as well. Rabbi Mizrachi called and referred to Yigal Amir as "the murderer", multiple times. Rav Kahane would never have done that against Yigal Amir. I personally and specifically told him about this but he then again continued to do so as well.
 LKZ maybe you can ask him again and now about this and what he refers to Yigal Amir as but it is wrong to disparage Yigal Amir with such words especially in public.

I don't really understand his answer to that. He said they're all terrorists and they all want to kill Jews, so you can't just go out and kill them all.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2014, 10:14:42 PM »
I don't really understand his answer to that. He said they're all terrorists and they all want to kill Jews, so you can't just go out and kill them all.

What are you talking about? I am talking about Yigal Amir and not the Jews who burned that Arab ; supposedly.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »
What are you talking about? I am talking about Yigal Amir and not the Jews who burned that Arab ; supposedly.

He said it in that context, but it's an answer to the same question, and I don't really understand the statement as applied to either case. If they are all murderers, then yes we should kill them imo.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2014, 10:59:06 PM »
No when he mentioned yigal amir it had no connection to the burned Arab. It was way before that.  What you brought is another example of not being like Rav Kahane.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2014, 01:59:02 AM »
No when he mentioned yigal amir it had no connection to the burned Arab. It was way before that.  What you brought is another example of not being like Rav Kahane.

Don't have to be the good Rav to have value. You're not being like Rav Kahane. None of us are. But some elements of his mission are fought on by others. Rabbi Mizrachi embodies his love for secular Jews, and his desire to return Hashem's sons to him. We don't have Rabbi Kahane, and we don't have any choice but to work together with any Jew carrying out a part of what he did, and maybe as one we can start to accomplish what he did, and G-d willing even a fraction of what he hoped for.