Author Topic: Brazilian Story  (Read 495 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Brazilian Story
« on: September 02, 2014, 01:26:20 AM »
I was on the train from New York to Trenton yesterday and the next car had a bunch of loud Brazlians. I thought they were soccer fans because they wore shirts that looked like Brazil's soccer team. On the way to New York, someone had to scream at a black woman making noise in another car and she stopped. The Brazilians just sounded like loud teenagers to me. I looked up online for Brazil and New York and it said they had the Brazilian Independence Day celebration. I guess it's their version of the Israel Day Parade. I don't think it qualifies as an affirmative action story. They looked etiher white or mixed with natives. I don't even know if it would be considered affirmative action like some Spanish speakers receive affirmative action. Brazil speaks Portuguese. Of course many Brazilians are white and there was a white woman sitting next to a Mestizo looking man. Also many immigrants went there like to Argentina and Uruguay.

But I guess Brazil and public transportation reminded me of "Brazillia, you want some French Fries with mayonnaise, UMM HMM?".

The loudest train car I was on during the whole trip was a bunch of white suburban teenagers/young adults, including half naked women (They looked like they were wearing bikinis as shirts.). I think they were coming from some concert with white noise and rap noise.).

The Brazilians actually reminded me of a time I was on a bus in Israel and all the teenagers were loud chanting like soccer fans. I thought the Brazilians were coming from a soccer game.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Brazilian Story
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:00:32 AM »
say aeyo fallo oom poco do portugaise
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:21:35 PM »
I believe I read somewhere that yesterday was 'West Indian Day parade' in NY...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/west-indian-day-parade-2014-gallery-1.1924051

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Havok

• Full JTFer
  • You'll never get rid of me
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:14:26 PM »
I believe I read somewhere that yesterday was 'West Indian Day parade' in NY...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/west-indian-day-parade-2014-gallery-1.1924051

It was but they also had the Brasilian day parade as well
The moral of this story is that no matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it … some stories just don't have a happy ending.