Author Topic: Mr Sotloff, Journalist killed by ISIS, was a Jew  (Read 2542 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Mr Sotloff, Journalist killed by ISIS, was a Jew
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 07:23:36 PM »
What I am reading is that he cared for arabs and muslims, but was fighting against the Jihadis who were killing the innocent muslims and arabs...

He also covered the Benghazi story..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Sotloff

On May 29th 2010, Sotloff was in Qatar and wrote a letter of application to the Arabic for Non Native Speakers (ANNS) faculty at Qatar University, in it he specified that he will be leaving to Yemen for several months in order to better learn and understand Arabic, after initially learning the language at a course in an unspecified location, with several instruction hours each week, but without practicing its usage in real life.[19][20] He later traveled around the region with a Yemeni mobile number. His career began during the Arab Spring.[21] Sotloff had worked for the news magazine Time, as well as Christian Science Monitor,[22] The National Interest, Media Line,[5] World Affairs,[23] and Foreign Policy, and has appeared on CNN and Fox News.[9] His work has taken him to Syria a number of times, as well as taking him to Egypt, Turkey, Libya, and Bahrain.[24]

In 2012 he reported in Time magazine, about Al-Qaeda fighters and commanders from Libya flocking to Syria, and shipping Libyan captured arms and ammunition on its way to join the fight to topple Bashar al-Assad's regime.[25][26] He was also was in a reporter team that returned to the compound in Benghazi where the US ambassador and 3 other Americans had been killed on the night of 9/11 that year. He interviewed Libyan security guards who were at the site during the attack.[25][27][28] Fox News reported accordingly aided by an animation, that black Islamist flags were seen and foreign words heard, concluding that the claims by 'Nusrat Al-Sharia' - affiliated with Al-Qaeda, were in fact correct.[29] He named a Libyan militia operative, Ahmad Abu Khattallah, as the head of the Al Qaeda affiliated group (Nusrat al-Sharia) that attacked the US compound and as the man who himself masterminded and lead the attack.[30] He later reported on a tit for tat retaliation pattern following the US attacks on those that committed the attack on the ambassador's compound in Benghazi. A week before entering Libya, he had written from Turkey about the Alawites - believers of Assad's religion, and their support for Assad in Turkey, while another article written on the same day, told about Alawites inside Syria who were against Assad.[31]
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2014, 07:24:13 PM »
The issue I have is when it says he was 'critical of Israeli government'.... I am critical of Bibi and his lame government, I suppose that means I am a terrorist too...
You're deliberately twisting the words and using childish analogies. You are not the same as Sotloff and you smart to know why. Rabbi Kahane and Amos Oz are not the same because they were both critical of Begin and Shamir's governments. what kind of logic is this?!

Look, you want to lament Sotloff death, it's your right, but don't go around and look for sympathy for muslamic sympathizers on a Kahanist forum. 

How many posts did you make to lament Daniel Tregerman HY'D? Dmitry Levitas HY'D?  Shahar Shalev HY"D?
Why are you so concerned with an idiot at best, and a vicious traitor, at worst and most likely, who couldn't give a damn about Israel and Jews?!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2014, 07:28:25 PM »
You're deliberately twisting the words and using childish analogies. You are not the same as Sotloff and you smart to know why. Rabbi Kahane and Amos Oz are not the same because they were both critical of Begin and Shamir's government. Look, you want to lament Sotloff death, it's your right, but don't go around and look for sympathy for muslamic sympathizers on a Kahanist forum. 

How many posts did you make to lament Daniel Tregerman HY'D? Dmitry Levitas HY'D?  Shahar Shalev HY"D?
Why are you so concerned with an idiot at best, and a vicious traitor, at worst and most likely, who couldn't give a damn about Israel and Jews?!

Manch,

Apparently the month of Elul is not important to you. It is an important month as it leads into the High Holidays. Some of the important mitzvot (according to most sages) include Ahavat Yisrael (loving fellow Jews) and avoiding Lashon Hara (speaking evil of a fellow Jew). By launching into cursing a fellow Jew who appeared, according to every story (except Mrs Shlussels), to be a Jew who was concerned with doing good in this world you are not doing a lot of good for your coming year.

If you feel that by denigrating him and his family you are doing a good deed you need to check what mitzvah you are fulfulling. I don't know what it could be. Are you trying to warn others from falling into the same situation? I don't see the good being done.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2014, 07:30:09 PM »
If he indeed hated Israel I would change my opinion. But I have seen absolutely no evidence of this being the case. He traveled to Israel just a year before he was captured to attend a wedding. He had no connections to the BDS movement (that I can find).

I will reserve judgement on this one...

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 08:17:21 PM »
Manch,

Apparently the month of Elul is not important to you. It is an important month as it leads into the High Holidays. Some of the important mitzvot (according to most sages) include Ahavat Yisrael (loving fellow Jews) and avoiding Lashon Hara (speaking evil of a fellow Jew). By launching into cursing a fellow Jew who appeared, according to every story (except Mrs Shlussels), to be a Jew who was concerned with doing good in this world you are not doing a lot of good for your coming year.

If you feel that by denigrating him and his family you are doing a good deed you need to check what mitzvah you are fulfulling. I don't know what it could be. Are you trying to warn others from falling into the same situation? I don't see the good being done.
I am not obliged to love kapos on any months. It is nice that you are not addressing any of the points I've made and jumping from one argument to the next. Answer this, again,
Why would a Jew, a self-respecting Jew, a Jew with Ahavat Israel, a Normal Jew, a Decent Jew a Sane,Jew, whose ancestors were Bar Kochba, King David, Knig Solomon, Joshua, would want to do things like shmoozing with arabs, ISIS and AQ among them, learn arabic, convert to Islam, write terrorist-humanizing articles and do many other insance things that Sotloff did?!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 08:33:59 PM »
I am not obliged to love kapos on any months. It is nice that you are not addressing any of the points I've made and jumping from one argument to the next. Answer this, again,
Why would a Jew, a self-respecting Jew, a Jew with Ahavat Israel, a Normal Jew, a Decent Jew a Sane,Jew, whose ancestors were Bar Kochba, King David, Knig Solomon, Joshua, would want to do things like shmoozing with arabs, ISIS and AQ among them, learn arabic, convert to Islam, write terrorist-humanizing articles and do many other insance things that Sotloff did?!

I have not seen anything written which says he supported the terrorists. In my opinion he was misguided and as a result he was used as a tool by the terrorists. I don't believe that he converted to Islam, as all mentions of this include the mention that it was a 'fake conversion' in order to allow him to operate in the field where he needed to operate.

I think it is very premature to begin cursing this man. I don't curse anyone unless I know for sure the facts and I just don't see facts that indicate a Jew who is an enemy of his people.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 11:43:22 PM »
He was a a dual citizen of both Israel & the US.
He made aliyah.
He would not have made aliyah if he hated Israel.
So get your facts straight Manch.
Muman is a good a Jew so lay off.
I guess he is your latest victim troll!!!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2014, 11:59:38 PM »
My only question is "Why would a Jew want to go to an Arab country like Syria or Iraq that is officially at a state of war with Israel?". They don't even pretend to have peace like Egypt and Jordan. I think it's actually against Israeli Law for Israeli citizens to go to these places. Israel doesn't even let Jewish citizens of Israel go to areas occupied by the Fakestinian Authority.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2014, 12:46:52 AM »
He was a a dual citizen of both Israel & the US.
He made aliyah.
He would not have made aliyah if he hated Israel.
So get your facts straight Manch.
Muman is a good a Jew so lay off.
I guess he is your latest victim troll!!!

Where do you get the gall calling me a troll? You, due to preoccupation with Russian Goyim issue, probably never heard of  disillusioned oleh or oleh who become anti-Israel? What facts are you talking about?! Why wouldn't I believe my eyes, my judgement, Debbie Schlussel or Obama? Instead of spreading the snot on the wall, simply answer, what kind of Jew would do what he did:

Would a Jew, a self-respecting Jew, a Jew with Ahavat Israel, a Normal Jew, a Decent Jew a Sane,Jew, whose ancestors were Bar Kochba, King David, King Solomon, Joshua, be shmoozing with arabs, ISIS and AQ among them, learn arabic, convert to Islam, write terrorist-humanizing articles and do many other insane things that Sotloff did?!

Need more prove, besides Debbie Schlussel. Ok:
1)His islam apologetic articles are white washing muslamics.
http://time.com/3258253/steven-sotloff/

2) Obama, I am sure based on accurate sources, mentioned in his speech today that Sotloff was full of admiration for the Islamic world. That I believe.

Now, where are the evidences to the contrary?!

I wasn't offending Muman, I like him and surely he doesn't need your pathetic excuse at protection. Stick to what you do best - sniffing out smegm*zoids.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2014, 12:54:37 AM »
בס''ד

Manch and Tzelhar are 100% right on this issue.

How can anyone on this forum defend Judenrat scum like Steven Sotloff who worked for the most vicious Jew-hating magazines like Time and Foreign Affairs?

Here is what Sotloff's deformed "rabbi" Terry Bookman said about him:

And, Bookman added, he understood Sotloff’s passion. “He had a big humanist streak,” the rabbi recalled. “He was always curious about the Arab world; he became an Islamophile. He believed in the Arab spring. [And] his writing was exquisite.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/09/03/4326400/to-the-end-journalist-steven-sotloff.html

This filthy kapo was an "Islamophile", a lover of Islam for those who need a translation.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2014, 12:59:29 AM »
בס''ד

Manch and Tzelhar are 100% right on this issue.

How can anyone on this forum defend Judenrat scum like Steven Sotloff who worked for the most vicious Jew-hating magazines like Time and Foreign Affairs?

Here is what Sotloff's deformed "rabbi" Terry Bookman said about him:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/09/03/4326400/to-the-end-journalist-steven-sotloff.html

This filthy kapo was an "Islamophile", a lover of Islam for those who need a translation.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention Chaim I did not know this & Manch you are wrong on the Russian Goy issue everybody here is on my side with this & even Chaim said I was right.
They are as big of a danger as the Africans or the Arabs.
Yes Manch I have heard about such people & they are scum!!!
But when people are right on an issue such as the Russian Goyim admit it & shut up!!!!

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2014, 01:16:53 AM »
Muman,
in addition, please see this argument from the
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/74430/steven-sotloff-proud-jewish-supporter-of-hamas-isis-rebels-his-anti-us-friends-deeply-loved-islam/

".... But there is no hard proof for the baloney Yom Kippur story, which left-wing, anti-Israel Ynet/Yediot Ahronot claimed from an anonymous friend who claims he was captive in ISIS. But ISIS has released very few people, all of them Europeans for large ransoms. And Sotloff went to a Reform Temple, didn’t speak Hebrew, and didn’t pray. He also didn’t keep anything in Judaism. It is completely non-credible that he would suddenly know the Hebrew calendar, know the Yom Kippur prayers (most Orthodox people don’t even know these by heart), and not know (by the way) that Jews face East for prayers (the same as Muslims). The Yom Kippur story was concocted now to get sympathy for this HAMAS lover who cheered on ISIS because his family and friends want him to be remembered well, rather than as the Goebbels for jihad, which he was. Get a clue and use some critical thinking skills, assuming you have any, which I highly doubt. DS"

Does this make sense to you? I, for example, always learn about the date of Yom Kippur from a Jewish Calendar, I never know when it is on a given year, moreover, how would a Gentile know that the day of Sotloff's fasted was Yom Kippur? I am sure as hell, Sotloff would never confide to anyone that he was of Jewish descent.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2014, 01:28:35 AM »
Muman,
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/74430/steven-sotloff-proud-jewish-supporter-of-hamas-isis-rebels-his-anti-us-friends-deeply-loved-islam/

".... But there is no hard proof for the baloney Yom Kippur story, which left-wing, anti-Israel Ynet/Yediot Ahronot claimed from an anonymous friend who claims he was captive in ISIS. But ISIS has released very few people, all of them Europeans for large ransoms. And Sotloff went to a Reform Temple, didn’t speak Hebrew, and didn’t pray. He also didn’t keep anything in Judaism. It is completely non-credible that he would suddenly know the Hebrew calendar, know the Yom Kippur prayers (most Orthodox people don’t even know these by heart), and not know (by the way) that Jews face East for prayers (the same as Muslims). The Yom Kippur story was concocted now to get sympathy for this HAMAS lover who cheered on ISIS because his family and friends want him to be remembered well, rather than as the Goebbels for jihad, which he was. Get a clue and use some critical thinking skills, assuming you have any, which I highly doubt. DS"

Does this make sense to you? I, for example, always learn about the date of Yom Kippur from a Jewish Calendar, I never know when it is on a given year, moreover, how would a Gentile know that the day of Sotloff's fasted was Yom Kippur? I am sure as hell, Sotloff would never confide to anyone that he was of Jewish descent.
You are right on this one .
At least  admit when I was wrong & did not have all the facts are you man enough to do the same?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2014, 02:15:13 AM »
Hey everyone, no need to get all out of shape about this.

It seems I may have erred on the side of 'benefit of the doubt' on this. I will say that it looks bad that this guy was so into Islam that he wanted to make it look attractive. I know that some Jews do get involved in these kinds of things and end up making teshuva but it is no excuse.

I have no intention other than avoiding making an error in judgment. As I stated initially we are all going to be judged in about three weeks. When a Jew prematurely passes judgment Hashem will judge us with prejudice. So I apologize if I appeared to defend this man. He was a Jew and as such I will simply say that he will be judged for what he did against the Jewish people.

His story should be a warning to all who follow in his footsteps.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:50 AM »
You know that some Jews in Nazi Germany didn't know exactly when the holidays were, and they didn't always know the prayers (they didn't have any siddurs). I think it makes JTF look odd in the eyes of the Jewish community to curse him. I have seen many articles praising his Jewish observance. Whether or not it is true I don't know.

I also heard an accusation that the 'Zionists' killed him for being anti-zionist. It is these kinds of conspiracies that make me sick.

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2014, 03:01:16 AM »
You know, sometimes I understand these muslims with the whole beheading thing.

Everyone says it is so barbarian and un-gentleman like...but didn't David decapitate Goliath in public?

Obviously it is different in this case...much different...and I support the Jewish cause not the muslim one...but

I frequently long to decapitate a German or 2. Not ones who are reasonably nice and friendly, but ones who think the holocaust is something they have a right to joke about and who have made physical and verbal attacks with no retribution.

What if I could just get them away from the safety of the world that shields their bs mockery of our tragic history and cut their heads off. Or what if I had the opportunity to pull a knife on them in a fight where I was attacked and get off on a self defense charge? I mean, really take it all the way with the blood gargling in their German throat.

That sounds kind of nice. I wish I had the moxie to do it. Choking them, holding them and ramming the blade into their throat with full force and then finishing the job for all others to see...and forget even respecting their dead body after the holocaust. They think the holocaust is nothing? Leave their head on a spike or something.

I actually sometimes admire decapitators. Maybe the Israelis can learn something? Yeah yeah yeah it's bad press I know...it would hurt the Israeli image... I dunno...maybe I'm wrong and vile and nasty...but the feeling of getting a hold of one of these trash talking sauerkrauts and gutting them like a fish, man sometimes you just feel like it needs to be, for the sake of justice.

How come we never get to kill Germans? I don't even care about arabs that much, my family is from Europe. The concept of killing Arabs doesn't even excite me that much when compared to getting a hold of a German.

Also, probably one of the reasons this guy liked arabs is because he liked the cultural style when compared to the style of modern judaism. If you look at the picture with him with a blade on a necklace, that is sort of a Judaic thing in a way which I understand...One of the issues in Israel is a cultural one...Israelis and Arabs in some ways have more in common culturally than Israelis and Americans.

In this case it seems like it was just too damn easy for them...these guys go right to them and get killed which I guess is justice for trying to help them...not like it is open combat, 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 in the field of war.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2014, 03:20:33 AM »
shai77,

While I share some of your feelings I think it is best to avoid speaking of such things openly on a forum. You realize this forum is monitored as it is public. I hope you understand I am not disagreeing with you as I have had these kind of dreams myself.

Imagine blowing up the Mecca or bringing down the Al Aksa mosque. It is something which I have thought about but seldom share. But it is not something we should be discussing, IMO.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2014, 03:24:26 AM »
shai77,

I suspect you have seen this movie. It is one of the only recently made movies I have seen (I havent seen movies in 10 years).

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2014, 04:12:38 AM »
I also tend to believe it's BS but it is nevertheless very likely he begged for mercy and salvation from god since as the saying goes, there are no atheists in foxholes.
Muman,

Offline shai77

• Full JTFer
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2014, 04:24:45 AM »
What Jews killing Germans? Defiling their women?  Oh wait, we are Jews, we have to evaluate them 30 days and treat em nicely and convert them properly.

Oh well what can you do?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:57:48 AM by shai77 »

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »
Jews and Muslims don't pray in the same direction. From the US they do. But in Syria, they don't. Jews in Syria would pray Southwest while Muslims would pray South. That's what it meant when they said he just turned a little bit. Jerusalem is East of North America. So is Mecca. But in Israel, Jerusalem can be in different directions. In Iraq, Jerusalem is West. JTFers shouldn't have an affirmative action level of geography. Also, it's not hard to know when Yom Kippur will fall. It can only fall on a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Shabbat. It falls on Shabbat 4 out of 5 years (2010-2014). Even if you don't know the exact date, it can be estimated since the Muslims also use a lunar calendar. If the Muslims are a day ahead or behind, then it estimate to Shabbat. Also, if you live according to the Jewish Calendar, you know Yom Kippur is always 10 Tishrei. Yom Kippur is exactly 4 weeks from last night (Friday Night). I don't need the Secular date to know. The Jewish Calendar and knowing the weeks (without even having know the date) is sufficient as long as you know what day of the week a holiday will fall on. Jews live according to the Jewish Calendar. We know the Shabbats according to the parasha read on it. We count weeks by Shabbat. As long as you know what day of the week Rosh Chodesh was, you can count what the date of any day of that month will be. It's not like we don't have a fixed calendar.

I'm not arguing in favor of Left Wing Jews that go to Arab countries. I'm just correcting inaccuracies.