Author Topic: Imus is coming back  (Read 5505 times)

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Imus is coming back
« on: August 14, 2007, 05:44:25 PM »
According to the AP, Imus has settled his suit against CBS radio and might be hired by WABC radio here in New York.  Former New Jersey QB Boomer Eiasion will be taking over his old show on WFAN.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Imus is coming back
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 05:54:07 PM »
on wabc huh no kuby :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:47:32 AM »
Did you hear that he's been sued by one of the Rutgers Women's basketball players? 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2974970

I think the lawsuit is a bunch of crap.  The incident didn't damage the players reputation.  IN fact, people probably felt sorry the players.  They were getting more praise than the University of Tennessee, which won the national championship. 

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 04:55:56 PM »
Yes I heard that.  I wonder what Chaim thinks about it. I can't ask another question for this week's ask JTF show.  I already used it up.  Can someone else ask Chaim for me?

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »
These nappy-headed ho's are going to have their way no matter what Imus does.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 05:51:14 PM »
How can it damage their reputation i never hears the names
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 07:21:41 PM »
According to the AP, Imus has settled his suit against CBS radio and might be hired by WABC radio here in New York.  Former New Jersey QB Boomer Eiasion will be taking over his old show on WFAN.
WABC has a strong lineup right now for most of the prime slots. I can't see them disrupting that for an old has been like Imus. WABC is also owned by Disney and I think that Disney would not want anyone around that would be dumb enough to come out statements like Imus did. Racism is one thing stupidity is quite another. If they were to put him on I think it would be a off time slot.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »
That's what I think too about the lawsuit.  I also don't know the names of the players either.  Even after the comment by Imus, I still don't know their names.  I won't be surprised if the whole team sues Imus for what he said.  Everybody kept asking them questions about what he said, so, the team kept getting annoyed by the whole stink about it.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 02:17:09 AM »
Yes I heard that.  I wonder what Chaim thinks about it. I can't ask another question for this week's ask JTF show.  I already used it up.  Can someone else ask Chaim for me?

Imus didn't say anything about any individual player on the team.  Also, football and basketball players at the NCAA level are considered public figures.  The sports media talks about them.

The attorney of the player suing says his client wants to be a journalist.  So in doing so, she'll probably be saying negative things about individual people and would be defaming the characters of them.  So isn't that hypocrisy? 

Her basketball team received more positive media attention than the team that defeated them, the University of Tennessee.  The Imus controversy didn't hurt the characters of any of the players on that team; actually, it had the opposite impact. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 02:18:38 AM »

WABC has a strong lineup right now for most of the prime slots. I can't see them disrupting that for an old has been like Imus. WABC is also owned by Disney and I think that Disney would not want anyone around that would be dumb enough to come out statements like Imus did. Racism is one thing stupidity is quite another. If they were to put him on I think it would be a off time slot.

WABC allowed Rosie O'Donnell to talk crap for months before she resigned from the show she was on.  They still employ Joy Behar. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 02:21:42 AM »
That's what I think too about the lawsuit.  I also don't know the names of the players either.  Even after the comment by Imus, I still don't know their names.  I won't be surprised if the whole team sues Imus for what he said.  Everybody kept asking them questions about what he said, so, the team kept getting annoyed by the whole stink about it.

The players all forgave him though at a meeting between the players, their coach, Imus and his wife.  That was the night that the governor of NJ got in a car accident on his way to the meeting. 

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 02:40:23 AM »
Imus is drek but I believe he was correct in his statement about the shvartza women basketball players. Saying that they were nappy headed hoes was nothing too extreme. He should of simply said that it was people like them who are destroying this country.
I am urinating on a Koran.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 03:00:30 AM »
Imus is drek but I believe he was correct in his statement about the shvartza women basketball players. Saying that they were nappy headed hoes was nothing too extreme. He should of simply said that it was people like them who are destroying this country.

I think Imus basically was repeating a line that he heard a rapper say.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 05:55:14 AM »

WABC allowed Rosie O'Donnell to talk crap for months before she resigned from the show she was on.  They still employ Joy Behar. 
Rosie O'Donnell was never on 77 WABC in New York. I have been listening to it since they went to a talk format. Behar was on in the early 90's however she didn't last very long at all. They blew her out the door well over 10 years ago. I found a story about Imus and it is true that he is involved in talks with WABC however I can't see him fitting in with the WABC listeners.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/ny-etimus0815,0,3413657.story?coll=ny_home_rail_headlines
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »
Nothing is official yet about Imus coming to WABC or any other station yet.  I used to watch Rosie's show on TV till she bashed Tom Selleck on her show for supporting the NRA around the same time the Columbine shooting happened.  After that, I stopped watching her.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »
Rossie is a tough act to shallow... Imus might make a come back attempt but I don't know if it will be successful after all the negative press he got.
As far as the law suit against him, it's just another way to make a buck! She figures that if the WNBA isn't calling then this might be a good alternative. Baloney!

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 03:02:14 PM »
I heard that if Imus does get another show on another station, Al Sharpton and his cronies will be listening very closely to what Imus says in case he calls blacks nappy headed ho's again.

newman

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »
I heard that if Imus does get another show on another station, Al Sharpton and his cronies will be listening very closely to what Imus says in case he calls blacks nappy headed ho's again.

Sharpton and his cronies would vapourlock if Chaim had a show. ;D

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 07:13:46 PM »
I could imagine what those 2 sub-humans will do if Chaim had a national radio show.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »
Just in time, I made a new company, it produces garden hoses. Company name is "Nappy headed hoses"

:)
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 09:43:05 PM »
You have a good sense of humor!

newman

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 09:49:04 PM »
How about garden tools with velcro on the handles for hanging up called 'Nappy headed hoes'?

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »
That was in the making Newman, thanks again, you nappy headed .......... wonderful JTF'er !

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI !! :)

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »
I complimented you too. Don't I get any credit around here?

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2007, 06:50:37 PM »
I complimented you too. Don't I get any credit around here?

I'm Sorry Joe!!! , I'm not the brightest crayon in the box ;)

Jeff