Author Topic: Russia Amalek?  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Russia Amalek?
« on: October 02, 2014, 11:48:34 PM »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Russia Amalek?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »
No that's (Uman) Ukraine.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 12:23:55 AM »
No that's (Uman) Ukraine.

No, he is saying that Ukraine & Russia are the land of Amalek...

I also disagree with his position on Breslev going to Uman. I know that they don't worship to Rabbi Nachman, and do as Chabad does, worship Hashem praying in the merit of the tzadik. I don't know why he keeps on making this misunderstanding and maybe I will ask him to show proof that they are worshiping a dead rabbi.

I study Rabbi Nachman and he was certainly a great Tzadik, and despite all those who speak against him, I plan on some day going to Uman to take part in the Rosh Hashana gathering.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 04:21:02 AM »
I study Rabbi Nachman and he was certainly a great Tzadik, and despite all those who speak against him, I plan on some day going to Uman to take part in the Rosh Hashana gathering.

Lately, I too have heard some not so nice things about Rebbe Nachman :( That we should not believe all the hype basically. Personally, I don't believe Rebbe Nosson would have made everything up. I admire Rebbe Nachman, Breslov for ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrJdLB4_WtE

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 09:34:08 AM »
No, he is saying that Ukraine & Russia are the land of Amalek...

I also disagree with his position on Breslev going to Uman. I know that they don't worship to Rabbi Nachman, and do as Chabad does, worship Hashem praying in the merit of the tzadik. I don't know why he keeps on making this misunderstanding and maybe I will ask him to show proof that they are worshiping a dead rabbi.

He said that about Chabad, not Breslev, he says it's a waste of 50 million dollars a year to fly there, it's leaving the family at home alone, and if you leave Israel to see him, it's the biggest insult to the huge Rabbis there. I agree with that position, and as for Chabad, I have family members in Chabad and they don't say you have to connect to the Rebbe to survive in this generation, and they don't say that he's Moshiah or that he's as great as king David or Moses, but I have heard Chabadniks say all those things, and I generally agree with his view on that.

Anyways, have an easy and meaningful fast.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 03:03:04 AM »
He said that about Chabad, not Breslev, he says it's a waste of 50 million dollars a year to fly there, it's leaving the family at home alone, and if you leave Israel to see him, it's the biggest insult to the huge Rabbis there. I agree with that position, and as for Chabad, I have family members in Chabad and they don't say you have to connect to the Rebbe to survive in this generation, and they don't say that he's Moshiah or that he's as great as king David or Moses, but I have heard Chabadniks say all those things, and I generally agree with his view on that.

Anyways, have an easy and meaningful fast.

My experience with Chabad is very different out here in CA. None of the Chabad rabbis have ever said or implied that the Rebbe was Moshiach. It is a farcical idea and I find it difficult to find any proof that the sane Chabad shluchim ever believe it. I personally know four Chabad rabbis, and several of their family members, and I have asked them all about this.

My rabbi assures me that none of the Chabad rabbis he is involved with believe that Rebbe was moshiach. What they do say, and I agree with them, is that Rebbe was a great Tzadik of our generation. Judging from the good works which Chabad has done (I just got back from a Chabad Yom Kippur in my community) I tend to believe in the good works of this tzadik.

Anyone who truly believes that Moshiach has come is only deluding themselves. We know, and what I am taught by Chabad demonstrates, that Moshiach has not come already and we await for his coming every day. I apologize for those fringe folks who give such a bad name to the Chabad organization.

I had an excellent Yom Kippur experience and am proud of my growing community.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 03:05:16 AM »
The Rebbe was truly an influential Jewish leader. His connections to the high level politicians and power brokers was incredible. His belief in the holy mission of the Jewish people in Israel was incredible. All of the letters he wrote to the great sages and rabbis of this and the previous generation are all available for inspection. It is foolish to assume that the Rebbe was just another rabbi, his influence on the Jewish people was immense.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 03:10:43 AM »
Our Chazzan this year was a Chabad shliach from Toronto... I was thinking of you LKZ...