Author Topic: Netanyahu defeated Feiglin  (Read 1938 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
Netanyahu defeated Feiglin
« on: August 15, 2007, 05:59:35 AM »
I'm surprised he won by such a wide margin. 

newman

Re: Netanyahu defeated Feiglin
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 06:03:51 AM »
Then Likud is a complete and utter waste of time from here on in!

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »
Netanyoyo can't be any worse than Smolmert.

newman

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 08:48:12 AM »
Netanyoyo can't be any worse than Smolmert.

But, regrettably.......no better.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 09:38:19 AM »
Feiglin is making slow progress. Netanyoyo is the establishment candidate and is using all the dirty tricks Sharon used.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 09:41:44 AM »
Feiglin actually did much better then I expected, he seems to actually be making some progress.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »
It's been reported that Netanyoyo didn't allow Feiglin and his entourage to attend the Likud party celebrating yoyo's victory.

This tells you that yoyo wants to distance himself from the 'extreme right winger' Feiglin with an eye to securing 'moderate' Israeli votes in the next election.

Feiglin might have gotten 25% of the Likud vote, but yoyo will probably do all he can now to consolidate his grip on Likud policy making and drive Feiglin from the party.

Still, Feiglin's relatively strong showing is a good indicator that there's alot of angry right wingers in Israel that have had enough of the leftist excrement running the show, and want real change.

newman

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 10:03:18 AM »
It might be better if Moshe does leave the party and start his own. It could be the start of something good.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:02 AM »
It's been reported that Netanyoyo didn't allow Feiglin and his entourage to attend the Likud party celebrating yoyo's victory.

This tells you that yoyo wants to distance himself from the 'extreme right winger' Feiglin with an eye to securing 'moderate' Israeli votes in the next election.

Feiglin might have gotten 25% of the Likud vote, but yoyo will probably do all he can now to consolidate his grip on Likud policy making and drive Feiglin from the party.

Still, Feiglin's relatively strong showing is a good indicator that there's alot of angry right wingers in Israel that have had enough of the leftist excrement running the show, and want real change.

If you read some of the comments in the Netanyahu article that I posted, you'll see that some of the people don't trust him. 

I think people voted for him because they're under the false impression that a candidate could only win a general election if the candidate already has a lot of name recognition.  So they probably thought that only Netanyahu would have the name recognition to defeat Ehud Barak or Olmert.  But they don't realize that a candidate like Feiglin would get the necessary name recognition if they actually voted for him to be their nominee.   

The Likud voters need to be more rational.