Author Topic: To those who know how to use computers and Iphones  (Read 700 times)

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
To those who know how to use computers and Iphones
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:57:09 AM »
I am trying to get Rambam's Mishna Torah unto my I Phone. Is their a way to get it all (in easiest way) to my phone?

For example
 This is Rambam's Berachot. Is their a way to put this unto my phone? (Besides maybe copy pasting everything manually and then making into a PDF file)

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/927647/jewish/Berachot.htm
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
Re: To those who know how to use computers and Iphones
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:06:35 AM »
I am trying to get Rambam's Mishna Torah unto my I Phone. Is their a way to get it all (in easiest way) to my phone?

For example
 This is Rambam's Berachot. Is their a way to put this unto my phone? (Besides maybe copy pasting everything manually and then making into a PDF file)

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/927647/jewish/Berachot.htm

What type of file is the Rambam Mishna Torah?  Have you checked the App Store for the Rambam Mishna Torah?? I am sure they must have a copy online you can either buy or install for free..     I am almost positive you will not have to resort to copying and pasting it..  You would be better off just saving the web pages themselves instead of doing that..

If you can find them alread in PDF format that is another option and then read it on your phone.

Here, try this app:
https://www.rustybrick.com/iphone-rambam.php
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:11:51 AM »

What type of file is the Rambam Mishna Torah?  Have you checked the App Store for the Rambam Mishna Torah?? I am sure they must have a copy online you can either buy or install for free..     I am almost positive you will not have to resort to copying and pasting it..  You would be better off just saving the web pages themselves instead of doing that..

If you can find them alread in PDF format that is another option and then read it on your phone.

Here, try this app:
https://www.rustybrick.com/iphone-rambam.php

Thanks but no good. Its in Hebrew only. I need both (or at least English).

I searched on the Play Store any MOST of the apps to do with Halacha are only in Hebrew. Their is even Yulkut Yosef in Hebrew but not much in English. I have the Pnini Halacha which has some English but its still majority in Hebrew as well.

Was searching for the Mishna Torah all over but cannot find it.
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 02:13:54 AM »
It's actually not all that hard to save the HTML of the Chabad site and to use a HTML viewer on your phone to reconstruct the pages...  If you could just save the HTML you could pretty easily to transcribe it into whatever type of HTML viewer you please..  That would be much better than copying and pasting , which would create all type of formatting inconsistencies.

BTW.. I think an Android this would be way easier.   I don't like iPhones much and copying files to an iPhone file system is always more of a chore...
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 02:55:18 AM »
It's actually not all that hard to save the HTML of the Chabad site and to use a HTML viewer on your phone to reconstruct the pages...  If you could just save the HTML you could pretty easily to transcribe it into whatever type of HTML viewer you please..  That would be much better than copying and pasting , which would create all type of formatting inconsistencies.

BTW.. I think an Android this would be way easier.   I don't like iPhones much and copying files to an iPhone file system is always more of a chore...

I did try it. I don't like the way it looks because it also has a lot of the extra things I don't want to see. I just did 2 books for now. I copy/pasted into word and then transformed into a PDF which looks and its user awesome.
 It takes some time but the final PDF looks great.

If anyone needs me to send them the PDF just ask and I will send it. I have Rambam Berachot and Hametz U Matza for now on PDF.

+ Shekalim
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:12:37 AM by Tag-MehirTzedek »