Author Topic: Litvak in-fighting 'to blame for massacre'?  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Litvak in-fighting 'to blame for massacre'?
« on: November 28, 2014, 08:50:46 AM »
In an outstanding act of theoditic self-flagellation, the wife of the slain American R.Twersky has aroused controversy by blaming the massacre in the Har Nof Litvish stronghold as being due to Hashem punishing the Litvaks, singling out the Anglo-American Aish HaTorah-type faction as human korbonos, for the venomous internicine Shteinman vs Auerbach Degel HaTorah-Bnei Torah political/kovod/financial rivalry & hatred.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Widow-of-slain-rabbi-blames-internal-haredi-discord-for-Jerusalem-synagogue-terror-attack-382932

In fact both the Degel and Bnei factions are equally bad, both supporting Land for Peace and opposition to Kahanism. In typical Litvak-Misnagdic-non-Hassidic milquetoast fashion, no particular blame was aspersed by Twersky's wife on the Yishmaelite killers.

In the days of R.Shach the entire Litvish oilam were united and supported Oslo and opposed the Lubavitcher Rebbe.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:17:08 AM by Yerusha »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Litvak in-fighting 'to blame for massacre'?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:28:21 AM »
Whose voice was it that was heard preaching through the streets the day of the massacre?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »
 I actully support her use of the tragedy as a weapon against the establishment and its petty squabbling.  (It is extremely brave and unique of her to make a statement like this btw).  However if she truly believes that was the REASON for this, it's a myopic view IMO.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 01:30:13 AM »
The standard solutions being proposed by the signs on the streets in Jerusalem for the massacre are "this is some type of punishment of the community because we haven't been Charedi enough".
The argument between the street signs is what particular violation of Charediism is the cause. Is it I-phones, or is it Jews ascending to the Temple Mount etc. etc.?
So on the one hand Litvak in-fighting is a step in the right direction because it is looking for something that "we" (the Charedi public), should change, rather than just what "they" (the non-Charedi public) should change.
However,it still is a diversion or a smoke screen preventing the Charedi community from considering Kahanist explanations of the Har Nof tragedy.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 01:45:39 AM »
To be fair. I did see some signs in Jerusalem, (but I don't know if it was put up by Charedis or non-Charedis) calling for store owners to use Jewish workers instead of Arab workers, citing the fact that  at least one of the Arabs that did the job worked in a nearby small-scale grocery store.
I know someone who knew this worker on a personal level.
There is also a dispute about the facts if one of the terrorists was actually employed to do some work for the synagogue by the same synagogue that was attacked.
Hakolhayehudi internet site said this was the case, while I heard from a friend that this is disputed and might not be true.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 10:57:57 AM »
To be fair. I did see some signs in Jerusalem, (but I don't know if it was put up by Charedis or non-Charedis) calling for store owners to use Jewish workers instead of Arab workers, citing the fact that  at least one of the Arabs that did the job worked in a nearby small-scale grocery store.
I know someone who knew this worker on a personal level.
There is also a dispute about the facts if one of the terrorists was actually employed to do some work for the synagogue by the same synagogue that was attacked.
Hakolhayehudi internet site said this was the case, while I heard from a friend that this is disputed and might not be true.

How does your friend describe the demeanor of this arab?   Did he ever suspect him?   Did the arab scum ever let something revealing slip out of his mouth in a moment of emotion?

I believe these were both trained operatives who planned their attack for months.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 06:20:33 AM »
In an outstanding act of theoditic self-flagellation, the wife of the slain American R.Twersky has aroused controversy by blaming the massacre in the Har Nof Litvish stronghold as being due to Hashem punishing the Litvaks, singling out the Anglo-American Aish HaTorah-type faction as human korbonos, for the venomous internicine Shteinman vs Auerbach Degel HaTorah-Bnei Torah political/kovod/financial rivalry & hatred.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Politics-And-Diplomacy/Widow-of-slain-rabbi-blames-internal-haredi-discord-for-Jerusalem-synagogue-terror-attack-382932

In fact both the Degel and Bnei factions are equally bad, both supporting Land for Peace and opposition to Kahanism. In typical Litvak-Misnagdic-non-Hassidic milquetoast fashion, no particular blame was aspersed by Twersky's wife on the Yishmaelite killers.

In the days of R.Shach the entire Litvish oilam were united and supported Oslo and opposed the Lubavitcher Rebbe.
Twersky is clearly NOT Litvak but a scion of the Tchenobler Chassidic dysnasty on his father's side & his mother was a Soloveitchik which are scions of the Litvish Brisk,however his grandfather had nothing to do with Degel or Bnei or Aguda & supported Mizrachi/Mafdal/National Religions Party which is now known as HaBayit HaYehudi.